Extension (income based) - Credit Advice Slips again (Chaeng Wattana)

27 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Yep, definitely easy-peasy for some if the money trees which they are cultivating in their back gardens are bearing fruit in sufficient quantities at the right time.

I wouldn't have chosen Thailand to retire to in the first instance if I couldn't meet their financial requirements.

On 65K a month you should be able to save 800K over a period of time, unless you chose to spend it on land, property, 1+ million trucks, or lead an extravagant lifestyle, but those are individual choices.

You are indeed fortunate to have land, property, truck and 800K parked in a Thai bank.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

No, 'forced' is the correct term.

They made false declarations on their 'affidavits' and 'Stat Decs' and never had the required 65K per month income in the first instance.

Even the British Embassy never checked the completed form of income against the documents you sent as proof.

We'll have to agree to differ.

Nobody forced applicants to allegedy make false declarations to their respective Embassies to allow them them to circumnavigate the rules if they weren't able to meet the requirements, and when that route was closed nobody forces them into the hands of corrupt agents and IO's, in order get their extension of stay.
Life is all about choices, we're not forced to do anything, however you're partially correct by implying that if you choose to circumnavigate the rules the use of a fixer makes it possible.    

I certainly agree people should not retire here if they do not meet the financial requirements, and that there are nonetheless people who do this. in addition to immigration problems such people often completely lack the ability to pay for a medical or other emergency.

But to be fair, there are plenty of people whose retirement incomes have taken a bad hit due to a decline in exchange rates - Brits especially. They may have readily met   the requirements when they came here but today the same fixed income no longer equals what it used to.

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

We'll have to agree to differ.

Nobody forced applicants to allegedy make false declarations to their respective Embassies to allow them them to circumnavigate the rules if they weren't able to meet the requirements, and when that route was closed nobody forces them into the hands of corrupt agents and IO's, in order get their extension of stay.
Life is all about choices, we're not forced to do anything, however you're partially correct by implying that if you choose to circumnavigate the rules the use of a fixer makes it possible.    

The fact remains they either leave or are 'forced' to use a fixer.

Many burnt their bridges and have nothing to return to.

Not a choice I would envy having to make.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:31 AM, harry94 said:

I extended my visa this month , the only change was i had to get a twelve month bank statement  , so they could see if i had kept 

money in three months after my last extension . All done in less than an hour immigration was almost empty .

Just to be clear, BKK CW wanted a 12 month bank statement IN ADDITION to you presumably having and being able to show them your original bank book with all the transaction entries for the same period?

Archived