Bad Driving is not Confined To Thailand

Pilotman

On 1/22/2021 at 3:43 PM, Kwasaki said:

I don't see that as a comparison at all on death most of that Thailand figure is small motorbike & scoots, I like to see a breakdown of what vehicles to invaliate better and compare seeing as no training in Thailand as in other countries to be fare.

Another Thai bash thread. 

I agree. At this point it's like bashing Thailand because of monsoons in rainy season. 

Poor driving habits are as much a part of life here as the weather and just as unavoidable. 

You walk in the rain you get wet. You drive in Thailand you get hit. And climate change won't affect the latter; it's an all-season all-weather cradle-to-grave national sport.

Once you driven here for even a few weeks you realize that your number will come up sooner or later. The odds are about the same as losing money in Las Vegas. 

These threads aren't aimed at changing anything, just venting. And that's OK. It's the same as Catch 22. If you don't fear driving here it means you're crazy. If you do drive here it means you're crazy. That said we have two cars and a motorcy at our house. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I agree. At this point it's like bashing Thailand because of monsoons in rainy season. 

Poor driving habits are as much a part of life here as the weather and just as unavoidable. 

You walk in the rain you get wet. You drive in Thailand you get hit. And climate change won't affect the latter; it's an all-season all-weather cradle-to-grave national sport.

Once you driven here for even a few weeks you realize that your number will come up sooner or later. The odds are about the same as losing money in Las Vegas. 

These threads aren't aimed at changing anything, just venting. And that's OK. It's the same as Catch 22. If you don't fear driving here it means you're crazy. If you do drive here it means you're crazy. That said we have two cars and a motorcy at our house. 

As I have said many times on these types of threads comparisons from west do not make sense as you say  it's venting or an opinion of someone not being able cope with the different way they drive here. 

Thailand is what it is and you have to learn to drive here to stay safe. 

Again I have said many times it's depends on where you live too. 

Considering there is next to no training here I surprised there aren't higher figures of death. 

What saddens me is 7 & 8 year old kids dying on parents motorcycles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1