309 new Covid-19 cases reported, most found in Samut Sakhon

webfact

4 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Maybe because the governor doesn't want any body in or out!????

According to the 2nd article I linked, it's not the governor, it's the local district authorities that are keeping the island off limits to non-residents.

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

But we are talking about two days ago and since then no reports of infections that warrant closing an island have been reported is my point.

I think Koh Samui has almost the same problem - no cases to speak of, but  strict conditions on  alcohol - bars and restaurants are not allowed to serve it on the premises, but you can buy it as a "carry out"! ????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Worldometer, as of midnight on Thursday, the number of confirmed cases globally had risen to 98 million (up by 664,932), 70.47 million have recovered, 25.52 million are active cases (111,345 in severe condition) and 2.1 million have died (up by 16,578).

Thailand ranks 128th on the global list of most cases. The US tops the list with 25.19 million, followed by India 10.63 million, Brazil 8.69 million, Russia 3.66 million and the United Kingdom 3.54 million.

Too bad there is no update of countries conducting vaccinations and the rate of vaccinations. Wonder where Thailand stands there.

2 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

I think a more realistic number if they tested all across Thailand would be 3,000 a day. I suspect hundreds across Thailand have it but dont realize they have it.

Sadly reality is something the current bunch of ministers would prefer to avoid hence the farcical test figures in relation to the population.

• Like 1

Khun

G

6 hours ago, dave moir said:

Maybe because the governor doesn't want any body in or out!????

According to the 2nd article I linked, it's not the governor, it's the local district authorities that are keeping the island off limits to non-residents.

Terry says district authorities at the small town of Lahsidoe near Ayutthaya require anyone visiting to quarantine for 14 days.  We were to do a tamboon maah on the 3rd, now that is canceled.  The quarantine site is a local temple, open air, floor fans, and mosquito nets.

I had planned to do my semiannual medical at Praram 9 Hospital in Bangkok on the 1st.  Any proof of travel coming from near Hua Hin in Prachuab Province?

Terry

11 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Only 18 cases in all other provinces besides Samut Sakhon, Bangkok, and Trat...so deminimus. I'm sure the info is available at the CCSA website if your curious.

From the stats it seems Myanmar workers are spreading the disease around, 5 of the bankok cases are Myanmese and the majority from Myanmar. 

No surprise here as it was Captain Simbad the wealthy fish magnate that used government employees. A smuggler that used forces controlled by the great leader to smuggle in slaves so that they could make more money. 

The most shameful thing ever and more shameful is that our great leader has done nothing to punish slave Labour exploitation and no mention of punishment for the economic harm and misery they have inflicted upon genuine Thais, the country and tourism. 

A shameful shambles ignored by the one who is being told which tune to dance to. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Once again no mention of Koh Si Chang or numbers in Chonburi why ....................????

You can easily find Chonburi's numbers here...It's the official page of the Chonburi government.  If you need to translate, you can get Google Translate on your phone and point it towards the graphic on the screen.  It will translate in real time.

No new cases

https://www.facebook.com/ChonburiPr

May be an image of text that says 'รายงานสถานการณ์ PUBLIC OFFICE COUID-19 จังหวัดชลบุรี ประจำวันที่ 22 มกราคม 2564 เวลา 12.00 สถานการณ์ COVID-19 ระลอกใหม่ จังหวัดชลบุรี ผู้ป่วยยืนยัน กำลังรักษา เสียชีวิต รายใหม่ สะสม ผู้ป่วยยืนยัน สะสม รักษาหาย 0ราย 648า 595ราย 52ราย พื้นที่ อำเภอเมือง อำเภอบางละมุง อาเภอศรีราชา อำเภอพนัสนิคม สรุปสถานะผู้ป่วย จำแนกตามพื้นที่ ผู้ป่วยใหม่ สะสม กำลัง อยู่ระหว่าง ติดตามรักษา รักษาหาย เสียชีวิต รักษา 35 225 280 8 39 238 306 8 12 26 23 9 13 14 12 อำเภอหนองใหญ่ อาเภอบานปิง อาเภอบอทอง อำเภอเกาะจันทร์ อำเภอเกาะสีชัง จังหวัดระยอง 20 20 รวม จังหวัดชลบุรี 648 52 0 595 การเฝ้าระวัง/ตรวจคัดกรองหาเซื้อ COVID-19 ข้อมูลการเฝ้าระวังดั้งแต่ ธันวาคม 2563 ถึงปัจจุบัน RT-PCR ทั้งหมด (รวม Commercial Lab) ตัวอย่าง รอผลทาง ห้องปกิมัติการ และเป็นผู้ป่ายยืนมัน จ.ชลบุรี (Confirmed case) ชีวิตวิถีใหม่ สู้ภัย COVID-19 อยู่ห่างกัน หมั่นล้างมือ แมสก์ต้องใส่ Scan ไทยชนะ'

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Thanks 1

Stop everything close the nation down for 4 weeks Planes, trains, Busses ect no one in or out of the country..

You must grab this Tiger by the tail and show it who is the boss.

If the Govenment are only keeping the boarders open for tourisim there dreaming, no tourist are going to come to Thailand for years as its not woth getting locked in the country your visiting or locked out of your country where you live..

17 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

Thailand roughly tested 2% of population, compare to 50% for Australia. these infections numbers are as good as government math skills

I don't think maths is near the top of the list of subjects taught at Military Academys.

Sounding not dissimilar to the start of Malaysia's break out now running at 3500 per day with "medium" testing and 15 deaths (a new daily record yesterday).

Here the second wave was deep in South eastern Sabah (Borneo) where the border with the Phillipines and Indonesia is not that tight. Big outbreaks in the detention centres and then in the prison. Moved cities by prisoner transfers and then into the local community.

September Sabah calls an election and mass travel between Sabah and the Malaysian mainland sees mainland outbreaks including a few politicians.

Despite various mild lockdowns the cases have steadily risen.

Mid year last year the chief health spokesman said that 70% 0f cases were asymptomatic. Haven't noticed much more on that point since.

A post with a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

From the stats it seems Myanmar workers are spreading the disease around, 5 of the bankok cases are Myanmese and the majority from Myanmar. 

No surprise here as it was Captain Simbad the wealthy fish magnate that used government employees. A smuggler that used forces controlled by the great leader to smuggle in slaves so that they could make more money. 

The most shameful thing ever and more shameful is that our great leader has done nothing to punish slave Labour exploitation and no mention of punishment for the economic harm and misery they have inflicted upon genuine Thais, the country and tourism. 

A shameful shambles ignored by the one who is being told which tune to dance to. 

Excellent post, this unelected "PM" and his crew are getting away with murder, the situation today going by the reports I am reading here, we have an unelected "PM" who just hasn't a clue, and with having his generals and other soldiers behind him, there is nothing the Thai people can do. This "government" has never disclosed any findings of corruption which has initially been caused by Burmese being driven into Thailand. Why is that?

Stupid question I know.

• Like 1