Covid Extension Without Under Consideration Stamp

Hi,

I believe Bangkok issues 60 day Covid Extensions without having to return 2 weeks later for an additional stamp.

Are there any other immigration offices that don't use the 'under consideration' stamp?

My permission to stay doesn't expire until Feb. 22nd but I'm thinking about possibly making a quick trip next week before the Jan. 29th deadline arrives.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Bangkok (Muang Thong Thani) does require applicants to return for the final stamp.

Oh, okay.  Thanks for that.

I think I remember reading about an immigration office that granted the 60 day extension on the spot.... but maybe there are none.

13 minutes ago, dragth said:

Nakhon Si Thammarat IO can grant 60-days Covid-19 extension on the spot.

Done it 2x -- Nov and latest Jan-19.

That sounds good.

Dragth, in your experience does the Nakhon IO start counting the 60 days when you apply or on the date your permission to stay ends? 

I'd be applying roughly 3.5 weeks early.

Let's say that you do your extension in a city (let's say Chiang Mai), you got a under consideration for 14 days, but you move the next day to another city (let's say koh samui). Can you get you final step in this last city or you absolutely need to get the final stamp in the city where you applied first?

3 hours ago, Jaymatheson said:

That sounds good.

Dragth, in your experience does the Nakhon IO start counting the 60 days when you apply or on the date your permission to stay ends? 

I'd be applying roughly 3.5 weeks early.

Not sure.
Previous 60-days extension based on application date.
Current 60-days based on end of previous stay permit.

1 hour ago, dragth said:

Not sure.
Previous 60-days extension based on application date.
Current 60-days based on end of previous stay permit.

Hmm, okay .... many thanks Dragth.

Hopefully the government will announce positive news this coming week.

Enjoy your weekend

Chaeng Watthana in Bangkok also issues an under consideration stamp. It's always amusing and annoying to watch your bundle of documents shuffle three times between two ladies in the same booth and then a cursory check by the helper for almost an hour. All this after it has supposedly made a journey to head office and back to be approved.

the first covid ext i got . i was under consideration  after that  it went smooth as silk  

i think they wanted to check me out for any infractions overstays etc  

once i was cleared all is fast lane 

Archived