CCSA team faces risk of infection as TV anchor tests positive for Covid-19

webfact

By The Nation

800_de69fa71bd166c9.jpg?v=1611295610

File Photo

After a TV anchor tested positive on Friday morning, Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin announced that he and his team may be at risk.

The National Broadcasting Services (NBT) TV anchor usually helps the CCSA team during their daily press briefing.

Taweesin said he will take a Covid-19 test in the afternoon and then go into isolation.

Mobile biosafety units will also be sent to the NBT building to test everybody inside. So far, there is no information on who may be at high risk.

Sourcehttps://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401645

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-22

good way , even for 9 cases in BKK, assistant of my sister in law went to samut sakhon 3 days before christmas. So , sister in law (and all her team) stayed in quarantine for 14 days . Strange christmas this year  but we have to do to preserve this country safe.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

They need to start testing more than those that show up at a hospital with symptoms and if course the entire Samut Sakhon Area and factories like they are currently doing.  This right here is an indication that the virus is more widespread then they want to show,, but alas they will not undertake widespread testing, and only choose to test where they want.

It is quite possible that several TVF members have COVID right now and aren't even aware of it. Should widespread testing start, I would assume they would be packed up and sent to private hospitals at their own expense. Last time I accepted lodging at a private hospital, that was about 20,000 baht per day. Wonder what such action would do to financial stability of foreigners found infected.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

It is quite possible that several TVF members have COVID right now and aren't even aware of it. Should widespread testing start, I would assume they would be packed up and sent to private hospitals at their own expense. Last time I accepted lodging at a private hospital, that was about 20,000 baht per day. Wonder what such action would do to financial stability of foreigners found infected.

So your point being what Don't test, Don't Tell, and what else, Expats do not have insurance to cover hospital costs....well now, isn;t that a pickle we are in....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your point being what Don't test, Don't Tell, and what else, Expats do not have insurance to cover hospital costs....well now, isn;t that a pickle we are in....

Not at all. I fully agree with testing of entire population, and much harsher penalties for those crossing border illegally. Like North Korea style penalties for illegal border crossing. Just pointing out that should this happen, some members of this forum could be in trouble if forced hospitalised at own expense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwampyThai said:

The CCSA, does anyone actually believe the statistics they produce? 2 weeks ago the village boss announced over the PA system that there was a person with Covid admitted to the main hospital near us, CCSA, nope absolutely nothing, same as it has been for the last 10 months. We live close to a major Cambodian/Tha border crossing, the Cambodians that have recently returned to Cambodia are being put in isolation for 2 weeks, I wonder why that might be?

Cambodia is not the only country where you have to quarantene when you enter the country. You know ?
Why does everyone have to quarantene who comes to Thailand ?

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

If there are as many people in Thailand already infected as you think, then quarantine facilities will not begin to be able to hold those placed in hospitals as a result of a positive reading. At that point, I imagine expats would go to the back of the line, told to stay home, while priority went to Thais.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

By The Nation

800_de69fa71bd166c9.jpg?v=1611295610

File Photo

After a TV anchor tested positive on Friday morning, Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin announced that he and his team may be at risk.

The National Broadcasting Services (NBT) TV anchor usually helps the CCSA team during their daily press briefing.

Taweesin said he will take a Covid-19 test in the afternoon and then go into isolation.

Mobile biosafety units will also be sent to the NBT building to test everybody inside. So far, there is no information on who may be at high risk.

Sourcehttps://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401645

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-22

That's a problem... How will we know anything now??? 55555

• Haha 1

I have never believed the diminishing figures that they keep publishing. The virus is exponential especially if the R rate is above 1.

The virus is in the country and they need to jump on it before it is out of control., and they lose face .. yet again !!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Drake said:

If there are as many people in Thailand already infected as you think, then quarantine facilities will not begin to be able to hold those placed in hospitals as a result of a positive reading. At that point, I imagine expats would go to the back of the line, told to stay home, while priority went to Thais.

or..logically.. there is a better chance of the rich dirty Farang paying the hospital fees so the priority will go to those who can pay......

On 1/23/2021 at 2:05 PM, berton said:

good way , even for 9 cases in BKK, assistant of my sister in law went to samut sakhon 3 days before christmas. So , sister in law (and all her team) stayed in quarantine for 14 days . Strange christmas this year  but we have to do to preserve this country safe.

Do Thais have to foot the quarantine cost