Losing weight in a healthy way to fight Covid-19

Losing weight in a healthy way to fight Covid-19

Veg-basket.jpg

Experts say eating less but healthily and being more active is one of the keys to losing weight safely and might even protect against Covid-19.

The start of a new year allows people to set their goals for what will hopefully be a productive 12 months ahead. And when it comes to setting goals for a new year, eating better, losing weight and getting in shape in the hope that it will improve both our health and our looks are among the most popular resolutions.

But what’s the best way to achieve healthy weight loss? Some claim the key is to eat less and move more. Many say restricting calories is the only way to go and become obsessed with numbers, busily counting the calories if not of every bite, at least of every portion they eat. Others swear by cutting down on carbs and increasing protein intake.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/losing-weight-in-a-healthy-way-to-fight-covid-19/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-01-22

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cut the excess sugar out of your diet,that will help a lot!

It's the only way, and everybody who says something else has no idea what they are talking about.

Losing weight is the easy part. Keeping it off is the problem. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, rjhklein said:

Thai food is great but often very sweet... The rice is fatting up most as well. It's not entirely true that less calories in and more out is the right way...

I dropped 30 kg over the last few years in Thailand with help of intermittent fasting, keto and running. 

Let me know if you need some help 😊

You have destroyed your own argument by contradictory statements in your post.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, jackdd said:

It's the only way, and everybody who says something else has no idea what they are talking about.

Agreed.

and I am doing it now. I started December 29th.

Cut portions, cut carbs, no beer abd 5 miles a day walking.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Wrong. It's the way of failure. People can and do lose weight that way but over 99 percent regain the weight and more. Why is that? The metabolism is reset to burn fewer calories and it never recovers. Almost nobody can starve themselves for the rest of their lives.

There are ways around this but they have nothing to do with calorie counting.

Namely -- intermittent fasting. Nothing to do with calorie counting.

Diets are rubbish if you ask me.

Just eat properly and watch the weight hopefully fly off.  If you diet, it will all just go back.  If you are suffering and eating causes you to suffer, you will simply revert back to your prior habits sooner or later.  

I've been overweight by 10 kilos, maybe 13.  By changing my diet long ago and eating properly, I am completely normal and feel great.  

That's just me, I'm no dietician, and some people do have problems with metabolism.  No judgement here.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Losing weight is the easy part. Keeping it off is the problem. 

You certainly know how to cheer somebody up!😂

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Keeping it real!

I am down 4.5 kilos in three weeks.

I am checking portions and all what I have said and actually I am intermittent fasting because I don't eat after 7pm or eat again until 2pm the following day, or as close as I can. I have broke this a couple of times.

That means my window of eating is like 5 hours, and I am exercising 1.5 hours out of that.

I am drinking 2 in 1 coffee with sweeteners and I do not care that they break the rules. 

Man has to have some pleasures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I am down 4.5 kilos in three weeks.

I am checking portions and all what I have said and actually I am intermittent fasting because I don't eat after 7pm or eat again until 2pm the following day, or as close as I can. I have broke this a couple of times.

That means my window of eating is like 5 hours, and I am exercising 1.5 hours out of that.

I am drinking 2 in 1 coffee with sweeteners and I do not care that they break the rules. 

Man has to have some pleasures.

Sounds promising. So you're on a 5 / 19 fast. I'm on a 4 / 20 and considering "upgrading" to one meal a day. The thing is this isn't a one size fits all type of thing. Some people respond well to a 8 / 16 but many need to go more extreme. 

In my opinion the the 2 in 1 coffee is a mistake though. If you can't do black coffee, I would suggest a little bit of cream and no sweeteners. I assume you're talking about having the coffee during your fasting zone. During my fasting time I drink black coffee, well dilluted apple cider vinegar with Himalayan salt (upon waking), water, and soda water. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1