A guide to Thailand’s largest ever vaccination programme

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Thaiophil said:

Looks like classic clickbait to me. AZ contracts are signed and FDA has approved. There is no evidence AZ is reconsidering. Press conference may have been called off for any number of reasons, eg because Taweeslip of CCSA thought he had Covid (later tested negative).

FDA has not approved the Siam Bio Science produced AZ vaccine only the AZ doses from abroad. The locally produced vaccines have not been submitted for approval yet as they are still in the process of testing the outcomes in the production stages. 

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Moderna and Pfizer are the tops right now.  AZ is some 70% effective, the others 95% or so.  But with this new variant that will be dominant very soon, who knows....

These are scary times as I read today there are possibly 3 variants i.e. Brazil  , UK ,  South Africa . 

The UK government are upping the border controls in an effort to stop the invasion of the other 2 of the above variants . The UK scientists are saying the current A Z vaccine will lose much of its efficacy against the latter strains and possibly only a 50% protection to a deadlier virus .   Just when we thought there was light at the end of the tunnel . Has to be a global lockdown soon ?   Total ban on international travel ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabruer said:
3 hours ago, farang63 said:

the biggest gene therapy scam, this is not a vaccine, but it is a gene therapy and quite another thing, the enrichment of the big pharmaceutical companies at the expense of people and injecting them with a gene therapy not a vaccine, without any security and without no liability in case of collateral damage, shame,

What a load of absolute <deleted>.

For your sake I do hope that you don't approach other issues in your live with this level of idiocy. I doubt it though.

Now for those that read this gentleman's post and are not quite sure what to make of it and whether there isn't the slightest chance that this vaccine isn't in fact a gene therapy: 5 minutes of your time in as clear a language such a complex topic can be explained: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

I don't know about gene therapy but in fact, there are significant risks associated with these new vaccines simply in the nature that they are new. These risks are greater with the experimental new mRNA vaccines such as Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna than with non-replicating viral vector vaccines such as Oxford-AstraZeneca and Sputnik V. In my opinion, to ignore such risks would be unwise. To take the drug companies that have been convicted of fraud on numerous occasions, are unaccountable, and have massive profits at stake, for their word would be ill-considered. To trust the governments who are desperate for a solution and not accountable would be naïve. To trust the media to present factual, well researched news and data would be delusional.

Whether or not you believe there to be risks, their are inherent risks associated with all of these new vaccines. You may believe that the risks are inconsequential or negligible and that is your prerogative. From my perspective, I will wait and watch the data develop before making a decision.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

i think its gone above AZ .its a govt issue,uk and eu have tried to loosen the hold of the elites to a small extent but this sudden onrush of heavy oppression has turned the corner for the brits,they are the govt and will be in close communication with the company AZ and of course the university,i hope many ex thai alumni are keeping their old classmates and present classmates up to date on the regimes actions so..... students at the uni wont let this pass.the EU unfortunately is another story as it snuggles up in bed with Xi and his boys.oxford though and the people that attended that uni have a hell of a lot of clout,every brit PM has gone to oxbridge.most cabinet members too.i was surprised they picked thailand in the 1st place and now with the manufacturing companys pedigree we will see the uni say no,they have no choice really.pressure must be mounting by the day.china vacc ummmm no thanks.looks like thailand will have to buy it.where from? AZ looks the best bet still.price and efficiacy.i t is good on the uk mutation too,many other mutations will follow tis the nature of the beast.lets see how that goes but they can re key it very quickly so alls not lost we dont have to start again from scratch.they seem to think that everyones besotted with money ,total control,feudal political system and the fact they can do exactly as they wish,total lack of a moral compass.sounds like china!

Edited by rupert the bear
typo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

I've taken this from a previous post from the Nation......... Hopefully some higher help might be Thailands saviour amidst all the political wrangling........ 

On Monday, Thanathorn went on Facebook Live to slam the government for its tardiness in providing Covid-19 vaccines and pointed out that the company – Siam Bioscience – tasked with manufacturing the vaccine locally is owned by the King.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

i think its gone above AZ .its a govt issue,uk and eu have tried to loosen the hold of the elites to a small extent but this sudden onrush of heavy oppression has turned the corner for the brits,they are the govt and will be in close communication with the company AZ and of course the university,i hope many ex thai alumni are keeping their old classmates and present classmates up to date on the regimes actions so..... students at the uni wont let this pass.the EU unfortunately is another story as it snuggles up in bed with Xi and his boys.oxford though and the people that attended that uni have a hell of a lot of clout,every brit PM has gone to oxbridge.most cabinet members too.i was surprised they picked thailand in the 1st place and now with the manufacturing companys pedigree we will see the uni say no,they have no choice really.pressure must be mounting by the day.china vacc ummmm no thanks.looks like thailand will have to buy it.where from? AZ looks the best bet still.price and efficiacy.i t is good on the uk mutation too,many other mutations will follow tis the nature of the beast.lets see how that goes but they can re key it very quickly so alls not lost we dont have to start again from scratch.they seem to think that everyones besotted with money ,total control,feudal political system and the fact they can do exactly as they wish,total lack of a moral compass.sounds like china!

As usual they're probably scared the Thais will copy it, flog it for loads more and of course give it to China.....  This is a great opportunity to reel in the boys in government with all the farang bashing that's been going on for years..... Them "Dirty Farangs" have got Anutin and his mates by their short and curlys.......   and rightly so...... Karma......  

In Hong Kong Sinovax is free to all residence there but no one is taking up the free offer of this Vaccine. If you wanty the Phizer or Astragenica Vaccine you have to pay for it and is available from all private practices and Medica Clinics.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluesea said:

In Hong Kong Sinovax is free to all residence there but no one is taking up the free offer of this Vaccine. If you wanty the Phizer or Astragenica Vaccine you have to pay for it and is available from all private practices and Medica Clinics.

What does that tell you about trusting China ?  Not even the HK Chinese trust the Chinese....... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailands largest ever vaccination plan needs a serious back up...................Astrazeneca reconsidering its partnership with Thailand

"Friday was expected to be a milestone in Thailand’s battle against Covid-19, with Thai officials and executives U.K.’s AstraZeneca Plc. hailing regulatory approval of its coronavirus vaccine. Instead, the news conference was abruptly canceled with the Matichon newspaper reporting that the British-Swiss firm was reconsidering its partnership with the government."

https://bangkokherald.com/coronavirus/astrazeneca-rethinks-thailand-vaccine-plans-amid-govt-prosecution-of-covid-19-critic/

Opps!  Uh-oh.  :sad:

10 hours ago, impulse said:

I read the same article and came away noting that there has been no direct word from AZ.  Just the Bangkok Herald's theory that it's the human rights and the charges against issue is the reason for reconsidering.

AstraZeneca executives were said to be unhappy that, on Wednesday, the Digital Economy and Society Ministry filed lese majeste charges against Progressive Movement leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit.

"Were said to be unhappy" doesn't sound like a quote on the record.

I can't help but wonder if the Herald is trying to use the public fear of Covid to pressure the gub'ment to drop the charges against Thanathorn, while the real reason for reconsidering is what AZ learned from watching what happened to Rolls Royce.

Anyone know the connection (if any) between the Herald and Thanathorn?  I also noticed the link to the original Matichon article is no longer available...  404 error.

I'm not claiming to know the answer.  Just wanted to start a discussion because I'm curious...

Whew.  Thank goodness.

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You're right, I had the link bookmarked in my cache and refreshing it has now gone to 404 error, its been taken down by Matichon, little surprise there then!

The Wayback Machine is your friend.

• Like 1

The thing I am surprised that no one is talking about is the fact that the proposed manufacture of the AZ vaccine in Thailand is slated primarily for export and not for use in Thailand,  "on a non-profit basis to Thailand" 

"AstraZeneca which planned to manufacture 200 million vaccine doses a year in Pathum Thani. Only a small faction of those doses would remain in Thailand with the rest destined for export." 

• Sad 1

Considering what's going on in US and Europe and the 3 Covid mutation,  I would suggest the Governsment to consider sequencing the strains  wich is around Thailand at first , test as many people as possible to get an idea of what % of the population wich is infected and start this massive AZ vaccinations as a real priority , starting in high density populated areas . Just saying ...

Look at last video update from John Campbell !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

Thailand is not a poor country.

Really?!?!...   In terms of GDP, Thailand ranks 71 out of 195 (GDP/PPP) by the IMF, World Economic Outlook October 2019. I suppose if you are from Cambodia, Thailand feels pretty wealthy. How can you look around with such egregious wealth disparity and tell me that Thailand as a nation is not poor? The fact that a hand full of crooks are doing quite well doesn't translate into a wealthy country. For Gods sake man, open your eyes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2021 at 3:16 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Thailands largest ever vaccination plan needs a serious back up...................Astrazeneca reconsidering its partnership with Thailand

"Friday was expected to be a milestone in Thailand’s battle against Covid-19, with Thai officials and executives U.K.’s AstraZeneca Plc. hailing regulatory approval of its coronavirus vaccine. Instead, the news conference was abruptly canceled with the Matichon newspaper reporting that the British-Swiss firm was reconsidering its partnership with the government."

https://bangkokherald.com/coronavirus/astrazeneca-rethinks-thailand-vaccine-plans-amid-govt-prosecution-of-covid-19-critic/

It is not a British-Swiss firm. It is Swedish-British. Astra (Swedish) bought Zeneca a few years ago.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Just what are the pro's and con's of taking this vaccine? Does everything go back to normal? Can I stop wearing the mask? Can I go in and out the country without paying high insurance? Will they keep me locked for 14 days when I come in? Just what will the vaccine do for us other than save our lives?

Will stop you from getting ill or seriously ill.

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

The thing I am surprised that no one is talking about is the fact that the proposed manufacture of the AZ vaccine in Thailand is slated primarily for export and not for use in Thailand,  "on a non-profit basis to Thailand" 

"AstraZeneca which planned to manufacture 200 million vaccine doses a year in Pathum Thani. Only a small faction of those doses would remain in Thailand with the rest destined for export." 

I wonder where, does it begin with C ?     

5 hours ago, Johnny3333 said:

Paying any money to China would be an insult to all the people that have died because of this virus. Personally I would never ever take any vaccination made in China. 

I wouldn't even buy a toaster off them....... Oooh, i wanted to swear then.....  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Just what are the pro's and con's of taking this vaccine? Does everything go back to normal? Can I stop wearing the mask? Can I go in and out the country without paying high insurance? Will they keep me locked for 14 days when I come in? Just what will the vaccine do for us other than save our lives?

My understanding from the UK perspective is that, as of today, in the UK even after receiving the. 'jab' one stiil has to adhere to the current regime i.e. masks, washing hands, 3mt distance, no gatherings, etc..

14 hours ago, Time to grow said:

I don't know about gene therapy but in fact, there are significant risks associated with these new vaccines simply in the nature that they are new. These risks are greater with the experimental new mRNA vaccines such as Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna than with non-replicating viral vector vaccines such as Oxford-AstraZeneca and Sputnik V. In my opinion, to ignore such risks would be unwise. To take the drug companies that have been convicted of fraud on numerous occasions, are unaccountable, and have massive profits at stake, for their word would be ill-considered. To trust the governments who are desperate for a solution and not accountable would be naïve. To trust the media to present factual, well researched news and data would be delusional.

Whether or not you believe there to be risks, their are inherent risks associated with all of these new vaccines. You may believe that the risks are inconsequential or negligible and that is your prerogative. From my perspective, I will wait and watch the data develop before making a decision.

Here is a well explained article about mRNA vaccines. 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why-are-mrna-vaccines-so-exciting-2020121021599

• Thanks 1