A guide to Thailand’s largest ever vaccination programme

snoop1130

19 hours ago, Orac said:

not sure about Bangkok Herald but they are quoting Matichon where a large stake is held by Thanathorn’s family.

I know nothing about Matichon and the links to that man's family, but I can say that I have found Bangkok Herald's articles to be more revealing and informative that most other sources like B Post, Khao Sod etc.

2 hours ago, Virt said:

Here is a well explained article about mRNA vaccines. 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why-are-mrna-vaccines-so-exciting-2020121021599

Yes, the sales brochures from big pharma paint the the mRNA vaccines in a glowing light. The technology behind mRNA looks very powerful and very promising. Never the less, there has been insufficient time for long term studies and the credibility of most all authorities involved has been significantly undermined.

History teaches us that when we try to alter nature it often leads to devastating consequences. In my opinion, administering these vaccines to the human population on a large scale with inadequate testing is extremely risky, incredibly irresponsible of a medical establishment, and amounts to malpractice on a grand scale. I also understand that I am an outlier and the majority of the population continue to trust these sources.

I believe individual people must be free to decide for themselves if the vaccines are safe. If someone concludes they are safe, or the inherent risks associated with accepting an experimental new technology outweigh the risks of COVID 19, and chooses to accept the vaccine, so be it. Until more data is available, I have yet to make that determination for myself. I also believe that I should be free to make this determination for myself but I fully expect to be forced into accepting a vaccine by the fascists' among us.

Likewise, in a "somewhat related" topic, here is some food for thought: Genetic Mutation, A single base change can create a devastating genetic disorder or a beneficial adaptation, or it might have no effect. How do mutations happen, and how do they influence the future of a species?

https://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/genetic-mutation-441/

On 1/23/2021 at 9:09 AM, vandeventer said:

Just what are the pro's and con's of taking this vaccine? Does everything go back to normal? Can I stop wearing the mask? Can I go in and out the country without paying high insurance? Will they keep me locked for 14 days when I come in? Just what will the vaccine do for us other than save our lives?

Saving my self from rolling the covid dice is paramount for me - the rest will sort itself over time 

10 hours ago, Time to grow said:

Yes, the sales brochures from big pharma paint the the mRNA vaccines in a glowing light. The technology behind mRNA looks very powerful and very promising. Never the less, there has been insufficient time for long term studies and the credibility of most all authorities involved has been significantly undermined.

History teaches us that when we try to alter nature it often leads to devastating consequences. In my opinion, administering these vaccines to the human population on a large scale with inadequate testing is extremely risky, incredibly irresponsible of a medical establishment, and amounts to malpractice on a grand scale. I also understand that I am an outlier and the majority of the population continue to trust these sources.

I believe individual people must be free to decide for themselves if the vaccines are safe. If someone concludes they are safe, or the inherent risks associated with accepting an experimental new technology outweigh the risks of COVID 19, and chooses to accept the vaccine, so be it. Until more data is available, I have yet to make that determination for myself. I also believe that I should be free to make this determination for myself but I fully expect to be forced into accepting a vaccine by the fascists' among us.

Likewise, in a "somewhat related" topic, here is some food for thought: Genetic Mutation, A single base change can create a devastating genetic disorder or a beneficial adaptation, or it might have no effect. How do mutations happen, and how do they influence the future of a species?

Your opinion is valid and I respect it.

However, by mentioning genetic mutation in the same sentence as mRNA vaccine clearly shows that you have not taken the time to educate yourself on what mRNA means on a technological level.

Besides, the only new thing about mRNA is that since the onset of Covid and subsequently, the development of a vaccine, a broad mass of people have been exposed to the term mRNA. The technology behind has been worked on for over a decade. Not a single pharmaceutical company could have developed mRNA technology within a year.

With regards to risk, again your opinion is valid. I personally, rate the risk of an infection with Covid and possible health issues AND the constant threat of me passing on the virus to people in risk groups (which I am not) much higher than the risk of a vaccine.

Edited by fabruer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Time to grow said:

This topic is not related at all to mRNA vaccines. Mutations in DNA are not related to mRNA in human beings.

All the thousands of  mRNAs in human cells are made from their DNA by a copying process called transcription, but mRNA in humans cannot be transcribed into DNA so cannot have any effect on their DNA sequences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1