Annual Extension with Passport having less than Twelve Months left

My annual extension runs out on 2nd May 2021...

My passport runs out on 15th April 2022...

DO I need to renew my passport before doing my extension ... 

OR will Immigration just give me extension to 15th April 2022

My Immigration Office is Nonthaburi

tks

11 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

won't your (new) passport, if you renew it early, be valid until the expiry date + ten years of the one which you have renewed?

I didn't put that very well did I? Your renewed passport will be valid until April 15 2032, no matter how early you renew it?

Not if it's a UK passport.

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

Oh OK, I was pretty sure that when I renewed my UK Passport some months early in 2014 that was the case.

Yeah, the policy changed a few years ago.  Now you just get 10 years from the date the new passport is issued, regardless of when the old one expires.

15 minutes ago, Yme said:

You need to have 18 months validity on your passport at the time of renewal in order to get a 12 month extension. 

No you do not. That is only required when applying for a multiple entry non immigrant visa at a embassy or consulate.

All that is required for a extension is a valid passport. If less than 12 months remaining it will only be issued to the date the passport expires.

2 hours ago, Yme said:

You need to have 18 months validity on your passport at the time of renewal in order to get a 12 month extension. 

Not True !!! You get renewal, in OP's case, until date of PP expiry date.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:41 PM, JAS21 said:

My annual extension runs out on 2nd May 2021...

My passport runs out on 15th April 2022...

DO I need to renew my passport before doing my extension ... 

OR will Immigration just give me extension to 15th April 2022

My Immigration Office is Nonthaburi

tks

How are you going to travel to your country of origin to renew in this trying times i wonder. If it's Singapore, good luck to you, Global Moderator.

15 minutes ago, DouglasTsui said:

How are you going to travel to your country of origin to renew in this trying times i wonder. If it's Singapore, good luck to you, Global Moderator.

Why would he have to travel to his home country to apply for a passport.

22 hours ago, DouglasTsui said:

Same as nine years ago.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would he have to travel to his home country to apply for a passport.

why wouldn't you? The Passports are issued by your country of origin, unless you're a citizen already in Thailand, which he/she isn't. can't figure out from the picture on profile. Unless i've been on helium or something,it just doesn't  make any sense.

Just now, DouglasTsui said:

why wouldn't you? The Passports are issued by your country of origin, unless you're a citizen already in Thailand, which he/she isn't. can't figure out from the picture on profile. Unless i've been on helium or something,it just doesn't  make any sense.

JASLI is obviously a SHE......Lol.

4 minutes ago, DouglasTsui said:

The Passports are issued by your country of origin, unless you're a citizen already in Thailand, which he/she isn't. can't figure out from the picture on profile. Unless i've been on helium or something,it just doesn't  make any sense.

You might want to a check on few embassy websites and other other sites about where passports can be applied for and received.

The majority of them can accept a passport application and issue a passport.

My current passport was applied for at my embassy here and few weeks later I picked it up at the embassy.

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

why?  because of Songran?

Isn't the fact that his immigration office (Nonthaburi) is the roguest of them all more than enough for him to have on his plate in its own right without having Songkran-related hassles thrown into the mix as well?

16 hours ago, DouglasTsui said:

I have not renewed my passport in the UK for about 40 years..... can be done readily around the world.... sometimes far more easily too. 

13 hours ago, OJAS said:

Isn't the fact that his immigration office (Nonthaburi) is the roguest of them all more than enough for him to have on his plate in its own right without having Songkran-related hassles thrown into the mix as well?

Actually in all my dealings with Nonthaburi I have never had any problems. I have always found them ok... when I changed from ‘money in the bank’ to ‘pension’ they actually talked to my bank to explain what was the bit of paper they wanted as no one at the bank seemed to know..

I was a little concerned when I read that passport renewals were taking eight or more weeks but have decided to reapply now.

I get caught up with the Songram mob every year anyway as I try to renew one month early...just in case.

I also think that at my age loosing the best part of one years passport longevity will not matter..I have trouble keeping up with MrsJ when we golf now!

19 hours ago, DouglasTsui said:

Actually the picture is of my Aging Asian Babe...an avid golfer.

unfortunately for you, I don’t think Spec Savers are coming to Thailand anytime soon, of course there are other options available...

that stuff you are on, I’m finding that with advancing years I have less energy, do you think it might help... ????

Archived