Ford Ranger Drivers - do they have to take a compulsory drive like a **** lesson when they purchase one?

grs90

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Having a pickup is convenient. I'm always buying either landscaping supplies or something for the house, the other day I bought a new office chair for my daughter which never would fit in a car.

When I buy landscaping supplies, I get them delivered. I have bought 2 large office chairs in recent years. I dropped the back seats down and the slid into my Mirage easily. Otherwise, I would have had them delivered.

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

As far as driving in small sois, if you're not a proficient driver perhaps its better you drive a small car but as for myself driving a larger pickup poses no problem driving anywhere.

Are you saying that driving round small sois is as easy in a Ford ranger as a Mirage? You're joking.

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I always had a pickup either as primary vehicle or as a backup. Here in Thailand it's our only vehicle and I may buy a car.

QED. I feel your pain.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

But Ranger drivers are somehow idiots, and what's up with the stupid paintjobs. The other day I thought I was being passed up by a Holstein cow.

Amen - idiots with attitudes no less.....Like their sh!try driving doesn't stink out loud....

Can't give too much credit to Chevy drivers either, for a whole other reason....Seems like they sell, or offer loans to first time buyers & they're just clueless on how to drive....

Edited by pgrahmm

I find that it is," mine out of way attitude driving" where is mainly called bad driving.

For me in Thailand it mainly seems to me to be Fortuna driver. 

In UK most bikers found Volvo driver were a problem.

In Qatar any Arab in a large American car was a problem.

In Paris any car was a problem same Mable Arch London. ????

Edited by Kwasaki

I think it's something to do with those large stickers on the side panels, telling folk sitting in coffee bars with poor eyesight it's a Ranger.....

Plus, probably brings out that "Look at me" thingy......????

I wonder if that hood add-on thing does anything, does it...?

hood.jpg.f6d2ab3d26de95b6b41dd16315560877.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

I think it's something to do with those large stickers on the side panels, telling folk sitting in coffee bars with poor eyesight it's a Ranger.....

I don't like this type of Ranger,too much plastic and too much:look at me go" but i see a fair amount out and about so maybe a decent ride?

9 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

That's why I have a silver one, don't wanna be associated with riff raff ????

I do think that some cars are more abused then others but it is also personal bias. I mean i wont remember if a honda accord cuts me off but i do if a black fortuner does the same. As i pay attention to those. Just something i noticed but i might actually be wrong and have a bias. So who knows. 

But i was always of the opinion that a lot of people who drove a black fortuner drove like idiots.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's all good fun making fun of drivers of certain vehicles. I'm wondering how many farang don't own a pickup because they can't drive a manual transmission which I believe most pickups are. Just a thought.

If you're a Brit, you'd probably prefer a manual. I never owned an automatic until I came to Thailand. If you take your driving test in the UK in a manual car you can drive a manual or auto, if you take your test in an automatic, you can only drive an automatic. Generally, people who have an auto only license are women who have struggled to learn to drive.

Edited by polpott

7 hours ago, transam said:

I'm always amused that people are prepared to spend all that money on a "state of the art" pick up truck which has got plastic wheel arches held on by visible pop rivets!

I must admit that I have myself had several vehicles on which pieces have been held on with pop rivets, the best was a Renault 5 (didn't half go) which had the entire bottom panel of the drivers door replaced with a sheet of steel cut from an old washing machine, held on with pop rivets! But then I have never owned a car for which I have ever paid more than two thousand quid!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm always amused that people are prprepared to spend all that money on a "state of the art" pick up truck which has got plastic wheel arches held on by visible pop rivets!

I must admit that I have myself had several vehicles on which pieces have been held on with pop rivets, the best was a Renault 5 (didn't half go) which had the entire bottom panel of the drivers door replaced with a sheet of steel cut from an old washing machine, held on with pop rivets! But then I have never owned a car for which I have ever paid more than a thousand quid!

first car I ever owned cost me 25 quid, second car 5 joints!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Henryford said:

No that lesson is reserved for Fortuner drivers to prove that they are complete idiots.

So all Fortuner drivers are idiots...????

Really, do purchasers have to take an idiot exam at the dealers first.....?