Ford Ranger Drivers - do they have to take a compulsory drive like a **** lesson when they purchase one?

grs90

On 1/22/2021 at 10:41 PM, grs90 said:

As per the title.  

Having just nearly had the front of my car removed by a T**S*R cutting across from the outside lane to make a left turn it made me realise that, although not every Ford Ranger I have seen on the road is driven by an utter ****** the vast, vast majority of them certainly seem to be.

I am sure there are some Ranger drivers who are perfectly decent, safe drivers.  It's just I have only ever seen a handful being driven in a sensible way.

So is there something about the brand or model of car that encourages the more mentally challenged members of the driving community to buy one?

See... if only you had been driving in the outside lane like most others do you would’ve had that problem with you????

On 1/22/2021 at 10:41 PM, grs90 said:

As per the title.  

Having just nearly had the front of my car removed by a T**S*R cutting across from the outside lane to make a left turn it made me realise that, although not every Ford Ranger I have seen on the road is driven by an utter ****** the vast, vast majority of them certainly seem to be.

I am sure there are some Ranger drivers who are perfectly decent, safe drivers.  It's just I have only ever seen a handful being driven in a sensible way.

So is there something about the brand or model of car that encourages the more mentally challenged members of the driving community to buy one?

I find the ones that stick those  hideous, plastic, fake power scoop abominations on their hoods are the absolute worst. Not only do they drive like a ******, they also look a proper ******.

I am a serial (non-scooped) Ranger driver... but I do have a LED lightbar and a Kenworth air horns.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:12 AM, soi3eddie said:

Another important class of road user to take notice of... Next time on city or suburban streets, you'll notice food delivery drivers such as Grab and Food Panda racing between the traffic with their insulated boxes and bags. Missing vehicle mirrors by nanometres in their quest to get your food delivered before it gets cold or your iced drink gets warm. When the traffic jams up, they just take to the pavements (sidewalks) send pedestrians scattering. Do they have a special training school for these idiot riders?

But they're not driving Rangers are they?

Thanks for playing but try and stay on-topic.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:10 AM, Bangyai said:

Pick up trucks always remind me of Village People singing YMCA in the back of one dressed in various macho costumes.

The macho appearance they try to sell is just so gay. 

And what does your psychiatrist say?

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2021 at 10:26 AM, transam said:

I think it's something to do with those large stickers on the side panels, telling folk sitting in coffee bars with poor eyesight it's a Ranger.....

Plus, probably brings out that "Look at me" thingy......????

I wonder if that hood add-on thing does anything, does it...?

hood.jpg.f6d2ab3d26de95b6b41dd16315560877.jpg

Yes! From careful observation, it renders the OEM windscreen wash spray nozzles virtually useless.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:41 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The same happens with Girls on their phones in a car thats been ‘cutesied-up’ (think hello kitty). Get cut off by one of these drivers then we suddenly notice all these Toyota Yaris’ being driven by dumb-girls.

Unless they're cute. Then I generally give them a free pass. Otherwise they get the LED lightbar and (124 dB) Kenworth air horn treatment.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:07 AM, jvs said:

I am in deep trouble,i have a pick-up,a Ranger with bigger wheels and a reinforced back bumper!

Now that it is a little colder i have trouble peeing because it is hard to find!

Next week i will be shopping for the smallest car i can find that will solve some problems i gather.

What..?      You can't reach the wheel??

On 1/23/2021 at 10:26 AM, transam said:

I think it's something to do with those large stickers on the side panels, telling folk sitting in coffee bars with poor eyesight it's a Ranger

Those stickers are ridiculous. Some I believe come from the factory or dealer. Others are made in shops with vinyl cutting equipment. There can be ordered, to cover the entire side of your truck, all manner of football teams, names of home provinces, their family names, or what looks like complete nonsense they thought might be funny, that they ran through Google Translate or copy and pasted from somewhere, as my M2-M3 students do. ???? This plus the fact they're playing with what are essentially oversized Hot Wheels cars, affirms my belief that many remain kids who refuse to grow up.