House to deliver Trump impeachment charge on Monday, rejecting Republican push for time

rooster59

The Republicans should count their blessings instead of the constant bellyaching of being threatened.  They should look at the Dems having Schumer in charge of this thing as a gift; I wish the guy had half the guile and brass Mitch has.  Mitch may be poor excuse for a human being, but he's not stupid.  Even Kamala said, back when she was a senator, that Mitch doesn't make a move until he can see five moves ahead.

The Dems need a more forceful person in that position, and I feel the same way about Schiff.  For a long time I've found it mysterious how the Dems tend to cull their best.

The GOP now is torn between old-time conservative politics and the iron-heel authoritarianism of "it is what we say it is."  I don't follow the players on the right,  but I can think of a few who would kill to be "the next DT."  Mitch and Biden are relics of another time.  I'm not looking forward to seeing what replaces them.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Mr. Trump’s decision came only after Mr. Rosen and Mr. Clark made their competing cases to him in a bizarre White House meeting that two officials compared with an episode of Mr. Trump’s reality show “The Apprentice,” albeit one that could prompt a constitutional crisis.

:402::clap2:

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Amazingly the majority of them still live in fear of Mr. trump! So they probably won't convict and their arguments will based on "process" rather than trying to defend his incitement of the insurrection, because they are smart enough to know that is completely indefensible. Don't confuse this game with them having principles! They're afraid. 

And, what's happening now with Liz Cheney will likely not encourage any of them to grow a backbone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

His base has been dwindling since the election. Alot of conservative friends and family I have been speaking with, agree Biden won, and the fraud thing is a bit much, and a sure sign of a sore loser. I think the DC fiasco backfired for sure, and he lost alot of his "middle of the road, sensible, hard working, decent people" base. In addition to nearly the entire GOP establishment, which he had wrapped around his finger. It was an enormous miscalculation, and an act of sheer desperation by an unhinged madman. Now, with the permanent ban on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, he is almost a 305lb. zero. Almost. I predict his influence will continue to wane, once he is ingloriously ushered out of the white house in humiliation. 

Trump incited a riot. He has no limits of civility or temperance. And the more extremist nitwits within his base take what he says as literally as some fundamentalists take the Bible. Add in nutters like Cruz and Hawley, (small minded men just jockeying for a powerful future position) and you have a near civil war. Fair to intervene? Or just sit back, and let it happen? I think what FB and Twitter did was glorious, wise, and upholds the republic. I never in a million years thought Dorsey or Zuckerberg would have the mojo to do this. Good on them!

Be very afraid of extremist Trump supporters. They are not rational. They have very little common sense and reason. Most are conspiracy theorists, and were just looking for a contrarian fringe to latch onto. As shown on the 6th, they are capable of alot of violence, disarray, mayhem, sedition and possess an extreme lack of patriotism, masked as American fervor. I do not buy it for a nanosecond. If they were asked to fight, and put their blood on the line, they would cower into their basements, and soil their pants, just like their leader, and the other seditious senators, who refused to show up at the Trump capital riots. 

Michael D’Antonio, the author of a Trump biography, says the capitol incident has been a game-changer for the support of extreme politics.

“Trump’s name is really an albatross. He is the most disgraced president in history. This is a person who’s synonymous with a mob attacking the US Capitol. I just think this went a step too far.”

Other experts like Tim Calkins, a marketing professor at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, say Trump’s brand will inevitably suffer long-term.

“Before his term, Trump stood for wealth, success and over-the-top luxury. Now the brand has associations with anti-government views, racism and extremism. This makes the brand fairly toxic.”

Let us hope his brand continues to diminish, his name continues to spiral into oblivion, his empire continues to dwindle, and his family continues to become less relevant by the day. I do not wish ill on many people. However, after four years of human wrecking ball behavior, chaos, the spread of Covid (which could have been largely contained in the US, had he been a responsible leader and citizen), the destructive trade war with China, his losses with Kim and Putin, countless foreign policy blunders, his sycophantic behavior with the murderous MBS, and his continual upheaval, the fake law and order nonsense, the fake electoral fraud nonsense, his lack of loyalty to his nation, and his efforts to start both a civil and a cultural war, I do not have any kind feelings towards this man, or his family, and do not wish them well, on any level. I am thrilled he is gone. There is an adult leading America now. A capable man of dignity, kindness, generosity of spirit, and grace.

You need to go back and remind yourself of some

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

His base has been dwindling since the election. Alot of conservative friends and family I have been speaking with, agree Biden won, and the fraud thing is a bit much, and a sure sign of a sore loser. I think the DC fiasco backfired for sure, and he lost alot of his "middle of the road, sensible, hard working, decent people" base. In addition to nearly the entire GOP establishment, which he had wrapped around his finger. It was an enormous miscalculation, and an act of sheer desperation by an unhinged madman. Now, with the permanent ban on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, he is almost a 305lb. zero. Almost. I predict his influence will continue to wane, once he is ingloriously ushered out of the white house in humiliation. 

Trump incited a riot. He has no limits of civility or temperance. And the more extremist nitwits within his base take what he says as literally as some fundamentalists take the Bible. Add in nutters like Cruz and Hawley, (small minded men just jockeying for a powerful future position) and you have a near civil war. Fair to intervene? Or just sit back, and let it happen? I think what FB and Twitter did was glorious, wise, and upholds the republic. I never in a million years thought Dorsey or Zuckerberg would have the mojo to do this. Good on them!

Be very afraid of extremist Trump supporters. They are not rational. They have very little common sense and reason. Most are conspiracy theorists, and were just looking for a contrarian fringe to latch onto. As shown on the 6th, they are capable of alot of violence, disarray, mayhem, sedition and possess an extreme lack of patriotism, masked as American fervor. I do not buy it for a nanosecond. If they were asked to fight, and put their blood on the line, they would cower into their basements, and soil their pants, just like their leader, and the other seditious senators, who refused to show up at the Trump capital riots. 

Michael D’Antonio, the author of a Trump biography, says the capitol incident has been a game-changer for the support of extreme politics.

“Trump’s name is really an albatross. He is the most disgraced president in history. This is a person who’s synonymous with a mob attacking the US Capitol. I just think this went a step too far.”

Other experts like Tim Calkins, a marketing professor at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, say Trump’s brand will inevitably suffer long-term.

“Before his term, Trump stood for wealth, success and over-the-top luxury. Now the brand has associations with anti-government views, racism and extremism. This makes the brand fairly toxic.”

Let us hope his brand continues to diminish, his name continues to spiral into oblivion, his empire continues to dwindle, and his family continues to become less relevant by the day. I do not wish ill on many people. However, after four years of human wrecking ball behavior, chaos, the spread of Covid (which could have been largely contained in the US, had he been a responsible leader and citizen), the destructive trade war with China, his losses with Kim and Putin, countless foreign policy blunders, his sycophantic behavior with the murderous MBS, and his continual upheaval, the fake law and order nonsense, the fake electoral fraud nonsense, his lack of loyalty to his nation, and his efforts to start both a civil and a cultural war, I do not have any kind feelings towards this man, or his family, and do not wish them well, on any level. I am thrilled he is gone. There is an adult leading America now. A capable man of dignity, kindness, generosity of spirit, and grace.

Kindness,  generosity of spirit, and grace ? You're joking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/22/politics/mcconnell-trump-impeachment-conviction-republicans/index.html

McConnell privately says he wants Trump gone as Republicans quietly lobby him to convict

As the House prepares to send articles of impeachment to the Senate on Monday, CNN has learned that dozens of influential Republicans around Washington -- including former top Trump administration officials -- have been quietly lobbying GOP members of Congress to impeach and convict Donald Trump. The effort is not coordinated but reflects a wider battle inside the GOP between those loyal to Trump and those who want to sever ties and ensure he can never run for President again.

"Mitch said to me he wants Trump gone," one Republican member of Congress told CNN. "It is in his political interest to have him gone. It is in the GOP interest to have him gone. The question is, do we get there?"

that's because they are terrified of Trump popularity, and that he will win again in 2024 and expose the Republicans for the frauds that they are ????

• Haha 1

I'm not American but as I understand the US law you can't impeach an Ex president as it's unconstitutional (might be wrong) even done when the president  in office - if so why wasn't Clinton not treated the same when he denied no sexual activity took place with his intern Monica whoever? 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

While I don't condone violent protests, i do believe in the justification of self defense.

This  white lady committed battery against the black  security guard and quickly learned that was an unwise thing to do.

This  video captures the incident.   It last 2:34.

I can hardly believe I received an email from a conservative friend yesterday  in which he said he's shocked that  the election was stolen from The Donald as it was.       I simply asked him in reply what more he would have liked to  have done to confirm the election results.     I'm awaiting his reply.

Oh yeah, if I'm ever in need of any kind of security protection I'd like to hire the right hook expert in the video.    ????

so hitting a woman in the face is amusing? just because she is a Trump supporter? ok nice logic here, we can see more clearly now

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, J Town said:

He's already been impeached the 2nd time while in office. Done deal.

he has been charged, not convicted

anyway, there is no enough evidence to convict him in the Senate, no matter how political it is

you can't pin the actions of a third party as evidence of guilt

he will walk away from conviction, and be back in 4 years, so you guys will have something again to talk about ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

he has been charged, not convicted

anyway, there is no enough evidence to convict him in the Senate, no matter how political it is

you can't pin the actions of a third party as evidence of guilt

he will walk away from conviction, and be back in 4 years, so you guys will have something again to talk about ????

Firm predictions like this about the future are always so convincing because they can't be refuted. 

• Haha 1