House to deliver Trump impeachment charge on Monday, rejecting Republican push for time

rooster59

On 1/24/2021 at 3:28 AM, impulse said:

You're saying he'd be free to do whatever he wants in his last few weeks, free of the threat of impeachment.  That's not true.

You know you are responding to "Not really? who are real Americans then and who are fake Americans? " Right?

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2021 at 3:38 AM, sirineou said:

You know you are responding to "Not really? who are real Americans then and who are fake Americans? " Right?

I was responding to this part of the post...

If it was the case that a president could not be impeached and tried after he left office,  a president would be free to do whatever he wanted in the last couple of weeks in office.

If he were to shoot someone in his last week, you figure his only consequence would be to be impeached and barred from running again?  

I normally won't be baited into a divisive (and stupid) discussion about who are real and who are fake Americans.    But if I were, I'd say, like it or not...  every citizen is a real American.  Even the ones we don't agree with.  Even the ones who would vote Trump in 2024.

Edited by onthedarkside
response to flame removed
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

Show me in the Constitution where it says we can't vote for Trump in 2024.  I looked.  Don't see it...

You guys hate Trump so much you're willing to let them erode our voting rights just to keep him from running in 2024.

As far as I understand the senate has to vote twice if they want to remove Trumps possibility to run again. First they have to get the 2/3 of the votes for the impeachment and then a separate one that could ban him for good. 

Or did I misunderstand something? 

23 minutes ago, impulse said:

I was responding to this part of the post...

If it was the case that a president could not be impeached and tried after he left office,  a president would be free to do whatever he wanted in the last couple of weeks in office.

If he were to shoot someone in his last week, you figure his only consequence would be to be impeached and barred from running again?  

I normally won't be baited into a divisive (and stupid) discussion about who are real and who are fake Americans.    But if I were, I'd say, like it or not...  every citizen is a real American.  Even the ones we don't agree with.  Even the ones who would vote Trump in 2024.

BTW, love the personal attack when ya got nothing on substance.   Speaks volumes about character...

No you were not, the post you are quoting was a previous post, below is a screen shot of what you were responding too.

image.png.cee3d7dd229e5e16a647184b81b97eb6.png

But if you want to respond my other post   " If it was the case that a president could not be impeached and tried after he left office,  a president would be free to do whatever he wanted in the last couple of weeks in office. "

The post referred to impeachable offences, 

"Alexander Hamilton, in explaining the Constitution's impeachment provisions, described impeachable offenses as arising from the misconduct of public men, or in other words from the abuse or violation of some public trust. " and not specifically criminal behaviour that the legal system could address after he leaves office.  

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, J Town said:

I sincerely hope 45 creates the "Patriot" party. That will completely destroy the Republican party.

If they don't fully impeach him, with the follow on case to make sure he can't run again, I don't think he'll do that. 

He wants to run again, or, be head of the GOP.  In some form or another.  Which will just create more chaos and disunity in the US.  Trumpism needs to be killed off.  Politicians need to start telling the truth.  Hopefully, the current process of trying to hold Cruz and Hawley accountable for their lies will happen.

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/22/959499144/senate-democrats-file-ethics-complaint-against-cruz-hawley-after-capitol-riot

Senate Democrats File Ethics Complaint Against Cruz, Hawley After Capitol Riot

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

More congressmen to get rid of.  Disgusting.  Impossible to defend this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/us/politics/scott-perry-trump-justice-department-election.html

Pennsylvania Lawmaker Played Key Role in Trump’s Plot to Oust Acting Attorney General

The involvement of Representative Scott Perry underlined how far the former president was willing to go in using the government to subvert the election, turning to more junior and relatively unknown figures for help.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

More congressmen to get rid of.  Disgusting.  Impossible to defend this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/us/politics/scott-perry-trump-justice-department-election.html

Pennsylvania Lawmaker Played Key Role in Trump’s Plot to Oust Acting Attorney General

The involvement of Representative Scott Perry underlined how far the former president was willing to go in using the government to subvert the election, turning to more junior and relatively unknown figures for help.

And now that 45 has been muzzled and defanged, people are eager and willing to testify.  He's going down hotter and faster than the Hindenburg!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

However, it is, and should be, up to the American electorate to identify and eliminate these babies in the cradle.

Everyone in the capitol was elected by the people. Only right and proper that they should roast the pig on behalf of the electorate. That's democracy in action, something that's been sadly lacking for the last 4 years.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, bob999999 said:

2022. GOP wins House and gets back the Senate. 

Biden and Harris are impeached - and unlike Trump they will be found guilty (both Houses vote).

McConnell warned the Dems about chasing impeachment for politics - but they were too stupid to understand.

When GOP gets back House and Senate they are going to fight Fire with Fire.

And it will not be before time.

I guess if you've got nothing useful to say about the present, one recourse is to predict the future. That's the great thing about predictions, they're fundamentally irrefutable. And unproveable.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bob999999 said:

2022. GOP wins House and gets back the Senate. 

Biden and Harris are impeached - and unlike Trump they will be found guilty (both Houses vote).

McConnell warned the Dems about chasing impeachment for politics - but they were too stupid to understand.

When GOP gets back House and Senate they are going to fight Fire with Fire.

And it will not be before time.

Do you or those GOP senators have already any crimes in mind which Biden and Harris will have allegedly committed until then? Or does it not really matter? Impeach them! Do it! Invite a reason.

And you and those GOP senators pretend they support law and order. Disgusting!

• Like 2