Lengthy jail terms given to men involved in Vietnamese truck deaths

rooster59

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not quite enough punishment.

This was a very profitable business, strip these people of their assets, homes and savings.

They'll be stripped of the "asses" for sure before too long unless they find protection...

26 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

Others used mobile phones to say their last farewells to devastated relatives on the other side of the world.

<deleted> surely they could have informed authorities and got signals tracked

Yes, I'd wondered about that. I suppose: 1) how tech savvy these people or their families in Vietnam were, 2) if they did try and start something how long would the process of getting someone in Vietnam to react, getting someone in the UK to react and actually tracking the phones take? If they were within a couple of hours of death then there wouldn't be the time. Either way it was an utterly tragic business, and the bastards responsible deserve a very long time in jail.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

Others used mobile phones to say their last farewells to devastated relatives on the other side of the world.

<deleted> surely they could have informed authorities and got signals tracked

The question is whether these messages went through when they tried to send them. I suppose they didn’t and the messages were only discovered after their bodies were found. 

• Like 1