Danish man arrested for alleged drug dealing in Pattaya

rooster59

49 minutes ago, quake said:

Legalize drugs and put the bad guys out of business.

and governments can collect tax, and it will also create jobs for some people.

There are some drugs which should remain under the penal codes for criminal behaviour, but decriminalise the use of the substances in most cases.

Cooks and dealers should be sanctioned with penalities.

Look at why people use substances including alcohol, and offer support to minimise the harmful impacts.

There has to be a multipronged approach and also offer realistic rehab, education and health information as part of a harm minimisation approach.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

OK, legalise ‘some’ drugs - Marijuana is a perfect example of something which should be legalised. 

But, do you really want society running around on Crystal Meth ??? driving, riding motorcycles etc ?

Don't they do this anyway, oh add alcohol too.

• Like 2

So many posts for one farang who got nicked for selling some mild stuff,  hang him high, crucify him etc. etc. you'd thing that Thailand doesn't have this huge drug problems in the tons and tons of the stuff and into billions of baht industry involving some heavy people... Just saying...

• Like 2

Oh, I used to be disgusted

And now I try to be amused

But since their wings have got rusted

You know, the angels want to wear my red shoes

But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain

That's when I knew that I could not refuse

And I won't get any older, now that angels want to wear my red shoes

(Elvis Costello)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

i know my english is bad.......but does this say SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN years???????

At a guess , maybe a new dealer wanted his action.

so grass up time.

Edited by quake
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

There are some drugs which should remain under the penal codes for criminal behaviour, but decriminalise the use of the substances in most cases.

Cooks and dealers should be sanctioned with penalities.

Look at why people use substances including alcohol, and offer support to minimise the harmful impacts.

There has to be a multipronged approach and also offer realistic rehab, education and health information as part of a harm minimisation approach.

i agree with nearly all you say there. good post

but the key to it all,  is control, there is no control now that works.

so legalizing the drugs will give the control, that is needed.

The old way of thinking, just does not work, on many levels.

Edited by quake

48 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Understanding that Prohibition didn't work is also common sense. 

Are you really defending your point by comparing drugs like crystal meth to alcohol ???

No one is suggesting alcohol is not harmful or damaging to some individuals and families, or that is isn’t costly to society *(broken homes, car wrecks, violence etc).

I hate analogies.. but here... crystal meth is like a Wild Hyena where as alcohol is like a Labrador, both can bite, both can kill, one is more readily controlled and less dangerous.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, orchis said:

Crystal meth is not "mild stuff".

I'm sure you know the mega quantities in truck loads of crystal meth, ya ba and everything in between is coming into this county for our neighboring countries, all i'm saying is that they made a big noise out of small time dealer and the fact that he's a farang amplified all for the more noise while dozens of local dealers are ought everyday with out the brouhaha and the parade...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Marijuana is a perfect example of something which should be legalised. 

It basically is.  I see my Thai dealer hanging out with local police and chatting in the afternoon almost daily.  Lol

1 hour ago, smedly said:

legalise what drugs ?

many of these drugs are extremely harmful legal or not, you can't legalise everything, the drugs this idiot was peddling are extremely harmful and would never ever become legal - end of

yes and lock this scumbag up and throw away the key

he deserves everything he has coming to him in spades

How's the worlds drug problem doing with the standard  old way of thinking ?

and your end of comment ? does show a very closed mind attitude to it all.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Could you explain why you think meth is more dangerous than alcohol?

Here are some figure by the Australian government - the drug of concern is clear.

Meth is estimated to be a factor in 136 deaths a year; alcohol 5,554.

Also in the UK

image.png.22e4b4ac4288d9fddadde041f7fcb9f9.png

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20101101/alcohol-more-harmful-than-crack-or-heroin#1

I would have thought alcohol deaths were linked to a lifelong daily intake that catches up with you eventually. 

There is a vast difference between the number of folk drinking and those doing drugs, I can only think of one person that I know who doesn't drink alcoholic beverages, and it's not me...????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, transam said:

I would have thought alcohol deaths were linked to a lifelong daily intake that catches up with you eventually. 

There is a vast difference between the number of folk drinking and those doing drugs, I can only think of one person that I know who doesn't drink alcoholic beverages, and it's not me...????

I think there are many more deaths from alcohol accident than long-term illnesses like cirrhosis of the liver. In Scotland, 3 out of 4 court cases are related to alcohol. 

2 hours ago, quake said:

Legalize drugs and put the bad guys out of business.

and governments can collect tax, and it will also create jobs for some people.

Legalize yaba, any clue what people can do under the influence of that s.hit.

Looks like you don't. Know of a girl who stabbed her best friend 25 times, killed her and couldn't remember a thing the next day.

Edited by FritsSikkink

6 minutes ago, thaichina said:

No, alcohol makes the most damage because it is simply more dangerous than other drugs. If it s made illegal, guess what, it will be more harmfull.

No one says we should give adolescents easy access to Yaba.  Control the drugs market also means control access to drugs that are safer, it doesn t mean selling it in schools, which is what happen now by the way. When you have control on the market, you can make rules. Please understand that people who advocate for a better treatment of the drug problem have the same objective as you, reduce the damages made by drug to society, not to give your kids drug. 

Tobacco consuption has decreased because we eductae people on how harmfull it is today, and we try to explain why we should not use cigarettes, we don t just simply ban it.

I agree with all that you have said, but, one of the major contributors to a drastic reduction in cigarette consumption is that most young people think it is not 'cool'.

When and where I grew up, all my peers smoked cigarettes because it was considered cool. Those that did not smoke were called (insert homophobic insult here).

I'm sure that just legalizing drugs would achieve this goal of making it uncool.

Half the appeal comes from the feeling of naughtiness of buying and using something illegal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

No they don't.

The buyers ruin their own lives. They have a choice with no gun to their head.

Where ever there is a demand for something, someone will supply.

People are easily led though, so the gullible can just blame themselves even if your own family? 

2 hours ago, orchis said:

People who actively search out these drugs and take them ruin their and others' lives.

Anyway, 1000 thb/gram? Must be a serious oversupply on the drug market.

My limited experience of it is a Thai girl I know who got into drugs by a guy who looks coincidentally similar to the guy in the story, most likely her life is on a downward spiral now