Decision on opening schools expected next week

rooster59

Decision on opening schools expected next week

20210122145233572_b.jpg

Image: Channel 8

Thai media Channel 8 reported that education minister Natapol Teepsuwan would meet with the prime minister next Tuesday to discuss if some schools could reopen.

The virus figures from the next few days could be crucial in informing that decision.

Natapol met with Prayuth Chan-ocha yesterday about plans to develop education and after indicated that the situation in some provinces has improved.

Samut Sakhon seemed to be out of the question and the situation in about 20 provinces seemed better.

Those four or five provinces  in the severest level of restrictions appeared less likely to have their schools be allowed to open.

But the data would inform the decision.

Source: Channel 8

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-23

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thai media Channel 8 reported that education minister Natapol Teepsuwan would meet with the prime minister next Tuesday to discuss if some schools could reopen.

Should be a no brainer, get the kids back to school.

kids in my area are running around all day, no masks playing in groups.

They'd be better off in school where they can be controlled and tested every day.

34 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Why aren't the parents doing their parenting and controlling it?

I always find it interesting how many parents, who made babies and now they are children can't wait for them to get back to school so they "can take a break".  Complaining about how tired and annoyed they are about having their kids around wanting the school to be their babysitters.   Maybe not be selfish and try taking some time to teach them something while they are home.

Edited by bkk6060

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Should be a no brainer, get the kids back to school.

They'd be better off in school where they can be controlled and tested every day.

Are they doing online learning. I think it's much better for kids to play outside vs. playing on their phone. 

29 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Are they doing online learning. I think it's much better for kids to play outside vs. playing on their phone. 

Online learning amounts to a one short lesson per day... for those that have the capability of doing it.

3 of the kids don't have computers or mobile phones at home, their parents do but they're out working to make money to feed the family..

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Why aren't the parents doing their parenting and controlling it?

I always find it interesting how many parents, who made babies and now they are children can't wait for them to get back to school so they "can take a break".  Complaining about how tired and annoyed they are about having their kids around wanting the school to be their babysitters.   Maybe not be selfish and try taking some time to teach them something while they are home.

They're out working to make money to pay the bills and buy food.

Not every family has the luxury of one parent being able to stay home to take care of the kids.

"Latch-door kids" is the term.

Just now, hotchilli said:

Online learning amounts to a one short lesson per day... for those that have the capability of doing it.

3 of the kids don't have computers or mobile phones at home, their parents do but they're out working to make money to feed the family..

My kid does it all day, every class and teacher as before. Too bad the gov schools do less. 

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

My kid does it all day, every class and teacher as before. Too bad the gov schools do less. 

So your kid has good fortune on his side, with a good school providing education.

Well done... alas it's not so for thousands who are missing out, hence my post, it's time to get them back to school.

• Like 2