Wife of politician arrested for smuggling illegal migrants into Thailand

rooster59

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yet, they can post pictures of 10 policemen pointing at an accused person before trial and conviction !

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yet, they can post pictures of 10 policemen pointing at an accused person before trial and conviction !

Hi Richard , many pointing at accused people all over the world . 

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Agreed, but they are usually the media - not the arresting officers 

I beg to differ Richard . Police officers are in the front line and have to make a decision who should be arrested and then it is up to a prosecutor to proceed with the case or not . The media is going by what the police and prosecutors have to say when it comes to guilt . Yet often the media does make a stand often on there opinion of who is guilty or innocent . 

17 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

This is unbelievable!  Its staggering!  Its absolutely implausible!  How the hell did she not get away with this obvious 'misunderstanding'??    ????

What has the unelected "PM" got to say about this? "Oh I will look into it" brown envelope collected then nothing more said.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:07 PM, rooster59 said:

She has a gems business and a tourism business in Myanmar.

I wonder if she's been border hopping for a while with business in Myanmar and closed borders????

Maybe a very helpful official has allowed her to cross & return for a fee, which she covered with a few stowaways in the back.

May I suggest a mandatory 20 year prison sentence, for anyone caught having anything to do with the smuggling of migrants, from a country with a high rate of infections, during this pandemic. Even with no prior record. These are exceptional circumstances which call for courage, bravery, and integrity on the part of the judiciary here, if that is possible. Connected or not. Wealthy or not.

This is just plain old dumb behavior. Did she have testing kits in the car? Are there any lines that a connected person cannot step over here, with utmost confidence of total impunity?