Thailand reports 198 new coronavirus cases, 1 death

rooster59

4 minutes ago, polpott said:

Perhaps you could apologise for the baseless anti Thai scaremongering?

Not sure what you mean by "anti Thai scaremongering".If you mean my criticism of the current Thai administration some call a government I will stand by my right to criticise anything I wish and be free from coercion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

I get that information daily from local news sources in Chonburi/Pattaya.

So are you trying to say that you get all of the reported tests, the numbers tested, the laboratory results, and it proves that the Thai government is testing equally in all provinces, just like the rest of the world is testing in the other countries.  If so then please inform us of the true percentages that we are not seeing published by this Government.  If you have the backdoor into all of the Statistics that this government has locked away, that we could initially get into, please give us the secret passage so that we may be just as informed as you seem to be.  If all you can supply is what is available on the web currently, and what they only allow, then your view is unfortunately lacking just like we have been trying to indicate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

If your numbers of how many people are entering are accurate, it makes a little more sense.  I haven't seen any reports of how many so it's hard to tell.  I only could tell based on my flight in which was maybe 20% full.  If that.

Very anecdotal and subjective. A number of flights daily, some full some empty.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

So are you trying to say that you get all of the reported tests, the numbers tested, the laboratory results, and it proves that the Thai government is testing equally in all provinces, just like the rest of the world is testing in the other countries.  If so then please inform us of the true percentages that we are not seeing published by this Government.  If you have the backdoor into all of the Statistics that this government has locked away, that we could initially get into, please give us the secret passage so that we may be just as informed as you seem to be.  If all you can supply is what is available on the web currently, and what they only allow, then your view is unfortunately lacking just like we have been trying to indicate.

https://thepattayanews.com/

Sunday is always a slow news day, try looking through articles over the last week.

Owned by Brits/Americans living in Pattaya and uses local Thai journalists. Published in both English and Thai.

https://thepattayanews.com/

Sunday is always a slow news day, try looking through articles over the last week.

Owned by Brits/Americans living in Pattaya and uses local Thai journalists. Published in both English and Thai.

You want to believe what's been written based upon inadequate statistics, be my guest.  Not all news carries the true totality and they report only what they are allowed.  Finally saw on the Channel 3 afternoon news just now the story of the infections from ICON Siam, that had been held back, and the fact that 2 people, employees of some clothing stores were positive as of yesterday.  However, it is not anywhere else in the news that I can locate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You want to believe what's been written based upon inadequate statistics, be my guest.  Not all news carries the true totality and they report only what they are allowed.

And do you think that the information given to the general public in the UK/US is any better? I stand by my statement that you are Thai bashing with zero evidence.

A couple of weeks ago detailed reports on a number of locations where Covid had been found in Pattaya were given, including 3 businesses in the main soi nearest my house. Conversely, 2 guys who drank in my local bar in the UK died of Covid. No mention in the press. I'm happy and relatively confident of the information I receive in Thailand. Less so in the UK.

And do you think that the information given to the general public in the UK/US is any better? I stand by my statement that you are Thai bashing with zero evidence.

A couple of weeks ago detailed reports on a number of locations where Covid had been found in Pattaya were given, including 3 businesses in the main soi nearest my house. Conversely, 2 guys who drank in my local bar in the UK died of Covid. No mention in the press. I'm happy and relatively confident of the information I receive in Thailand. Less so in the UK.

@polpottA couple of weeks ago detailed reports on a number of locations where Covid had been found in Pattaya were given, including 3 businesses in the main soi nearest my house. 

Can you produce these reports please---sure they were about pattaya?

13 minutes ago, thainet said:

Can you produce these reports please---sure they were about pattaya?

They take this format. 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/01/11/timeline-club-malls-markets-snooker-pattaya-si-racha-inform-people-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-confirmed-covid-19-cases-vast-majority-in-si-racha/

I receive similar reports every few days. The report that mentioned three busnesses in the main soi near me (Soi Neurn Plub Wan) occurred early in the current outbreak and appeared in the same news source, which I got bored with trawling through. Feel free to trawl yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1