60 Day Covid Extension available after January 29th?

OP, you would be well aware that no announcement has been made as that would be front page news. Even if not announced prior to Jan 29 does not mean very much. They have history of doing announcements when they wish. Perhaps using lotto numbers.

Fact is the world is in more precarious situation than before. Stopping extensions based on covid situation would raise the bar for stupidity.

38 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

So odds on for stopping them then?

They will stop perhaps when borders open.

So yes only one person's opinion but my guess same odds as the Oz (former) racehorse Winx. Odds on $1.05

So makes stopping them 100+ to one.

Won't happen.

On 1/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

No info about it yet. It is expected be done sometime next week.

Was it previously announced in the Royal Gazette, that is usually released after meeting on Tuesdays? 

Or was it previously announced on random days by the immigration department? 

20 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Was it previously announced in the Royal Gazette, that is usually released after meeting on Tuesdays? 

Or was it previously announced on random days by the immigration department? 

It wan not posted in the Royal Gazette since it was done as a notice/directive done by immigration.

Any options for extending 45 Day Visa Exempt stamp?

I'd like to hear from knowledgeable people (think UbonJoe) what would be my options for staying longer on this visa exempt stamp I got on 14 Jan (leaving ASQ on 29 Jan)?

Are the standard tourist visa exemptions given from time to time applicable for me?

What would be the easiest conversion (I am 50+).  Thanks in advance for helpful replies!

20 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Any options for extending 45 Day Visa Exempt stamp?

I'd like to hear from knowledgeable people (think UbonJoe) what would be my options for staying longer on this visa exempt stamp I got on 14 Jan (leaving ASQ on 29 Jan)?

Are the standard tourist visa exemptions given from time to time applicable for me?

What would be the easiest conversion (I am 50+).  Thanks in advance for helpful replies!

You can obtain 30 extension to your visa exempt entry.

If the 60 day "covid extensions" are continued post Jan 29 then you could obtain one of those.

Subsequently as you are 50+ you could apply for a non O based on retirement at immigration. You would need 800k in Thai bank on day of application. Also need show that money came from overseas.

That gives you 90 day permit of stay and in last 30/45 days you could apply for 12 month extension. The requirements for that are covered in numerous threads. The main one being the 800k in bank for period of 2 months prior to application.

40 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Any news? Today is 26, so if they are going to extend the date the announcement should be soon.

I had an email from the sponsor of this forum that said they will be ending on the 29th. I don't think I can apply for another one because I have too much time left on my current ext (runs out on the 28th).

If I can apply for another one through an agent, will I get 60 days on from the 28th, or will I get 60 from the date of application?

Hello 2530Ubon, I think I'm in your same situation.  My covid tourist permit of stay will expire on 28 February. So still have too much time 34 days left, I think they not gonna accept to extend it because i also try to book online queu and when I tick counter K at MTT and I write down visa expire on 28 february the system don''t let me book for january but i can choose only 10 days before my current permit expire mean 18 february. I hope the will make announcement to extend again the 60 days affidavit way.

3 hours ago, jonga80 said:

Any news? Today is 26, so if they are going to extend the date the announcement should be soon.

Not necessarily. Everyone who can is applying for an extension early so after the deadline passes it will be a while before anyone actually needs to apply for another covid-19 extension. Mine runs out on 28 February and I'm 99% sure I'll be allowed to apply for another extension then. Of course agents want your money but remember what happened with previous deadlines.

25 minutes ago, Mima said:

Hello 2530Ubon, I think I'm in your same situation.  My covid tourist permit of stay will expire on 28 February. So still have too much time 34 days left, I think they not gonna accept to extend it because i also try to book online queu and when I tick counter K at MTT and I write down visa expire on 28 february the system don''t let me book for january but i can choose only 10 days before my current permit expire mean 18 february. I hope the will make announcement to extend again the 60 days affidavit way.

You can just turn up at MTT without an appointment before 3 pm and make an application. 

Thank you very much edwardandtubs, in the real i book the online queue at MTT for 28 Jan by enter a wrong expire day permit, I tick visa expire 7 february like this i was able to book for 28 Jan. In the e-mail i have to show the appointment prove there is not mentionated end of permit, but only name, booking number counter "K" booking date and time. So should to working, the problem is once they see I have 34 days left, i worry they complain how i got the queue or don't gonna accept my appication because to early and too much time left. So i book the queue but now I worry to go. Also think that maybe they gonna start new permit from the application day and not from the expire permit.

Thank you in advance

I guess there's still no announcement about them being available after the 29th.

My current Covid extension is up on the 12th Feb, so I'll go tomorrow on the 28th to see if they'll give me one.

I suspect they will give me 60 days starting from tomorrow, instead of from the 12th Feb, the same as they did last time, and that they will extend them past the 29th anyway.

We're not sure if we are going to America or staying in Thailand once this whole mess is finished with, but may need to run to an agency to try get a 12 month marriage extension within 2 weeks if they refuse to give one (too early, 16 days before expiry) 55 

4 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

We're not sure if we are going to America or staying in Thailand once this whole mess is finished with, but may need to run to an agency to try get a 12 month marriage extension within 2 weeks if they refuse to give one (too early, 16 days before expiry) 55 

"once this whole mess is finished..."

My guess a long time to go.

If you qualify for a non O and subsequent  extension based on marriage why didn't you do that already. 

Alternatively pull the pin and return to usa

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you qualify for a non O and subsequent  extension based on marriage why didn't you do that already. 

We didn't know if we were (are) staying here or not, and since it started there have always been amnesties and extensions available. Easier to go in and get a date changed forward in a few minutes, or get a 60 day extension with a few sheets of paper than go through the hassle of a 12 month extension, and then we possibly leave after 60 days anyway (which obviously wasn't the case) 

25 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

We didn't know if we were (are) staying here or not, and since it started there have always been amnesties and extensions available. Easier to go in and get a date changed forward in a few minutes, or get a 60 day extension with a few sheets of paper than go through the hassle of a 12 month extension, and then we possibly leave after 60 days anyway (which obviously wasn't the case) 

The 12 month extension based on marriage requirements seem pretty easy especially re money in bank that can be used after approval. Would have given your 12 months of peace of mind. 

Anyway your call. Keep hoping for covid extensions to continue. 

7 hours ago, jayhon73 said:

@CanadaSam - Hey are you sure I can extend a 45? I keep reading online NOT possible. I'm wanting to come ASAP rather than awaiting a visa. But I feel it's risky?

You can apply for the standard 30 day extension of a 45 day visa exempt entry.

The 60 days extension was still ok, my son and wife went there this morning, however there were more questions than before, they asked my son (use to have NON ED) why he did not go home, he said graduation at his Uni was moved. They asked my wife the same question (she use to hold non B), she said my husband works in Thailand and my sons graduation has been moved, they asked for a copy of my work permit and  passport and visa stamp.  It seems they are strict right now. This was at Govt Center by the way.

30 minutes ago, krystian said:

The 60 days extension was still ok, my son and wife went there this morning, however there were more questions than before, they asked my son (use to have NON ED) why he did not go home, he said graduation at his Uni was moved. They asked my wife the same question (she use to hold non B), she said my husband works in Thailand and my sons graduation has been moved, they asked for a copy of my work permit and  passport and visa stamp.  It seems they are strict right now. This was at Govt Center by the way.

I suppose it's good that you're honest but how does that look from the perspective of immigration? You're applying for these extensions on the basis of an ongoing pandemic but then you're stating the actual reasons are unrelated or only marginally related to the pandemic.

It has now been extended until 30th March.

My current Covid-60 expires on 29th March.

So I have a choice of appling for another Covid-60 on March 29th or go through the hoops of an annual family extension and put my family through that experience.

Archived