Change non-o visa

Hello everyone.

I plan to change ED visa to Non-O visa  (since i have a thai son)

But this visa immigration can give me for 90 days only as I can't show them 400k in account.

can i join in thai company with this visa? (the company will increase its authorized capital by 2 million baht for put me inn).

and so to extend the visa and get a work permit?

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories in the country.

If you actually are on a extension of stay based upon attending school you can apply for a different type of extension of stay.

To apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai you need 400k baht in the bank on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them if you have not gotten one since your last entry to the country.

To change to an extension based upon working you will need a work permit application approval letter and most work permit offices will not accept the application for one if on a non-ed visa entry.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories in the country.

If you actually are on a extension of stay based upon attending school you can apply for a different type of extension of stay.

To apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai you need 400k baht in the bank on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them if you have not gotten one since your last entry to the country.

To change to an extension based upon working you will need a work permit application approval letter and most work permit offices will not accept the application for one if on a non-ed visa entry.

Ok, is it enough for show 400k just when apply 1 year non-o visa?

Because I can get letter from my embassy that my salary is more then 40k a month. 

But I'm not sure they accept it.

Maybe I can use some agency who put 400k to my account and then take it out? Same retirement visa?

11 minutes ago, Faeton said:

Ok, is it enough for show 400k just when apply 1 year non-o visa?

You would be applying for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai not a visa of any kind.

11 minutes ago, Faeton said:

Because I can get letter from my embassy that my salary is more then 40k a month. 

But I'm not sure they accept it.

Immigration will accept proof of income from your embassy that is equal to or greater than 40k baht.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:26 AM, ubonjoe said:

You would be applying for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai not a visa of any kind.

Immigration will accept proof of income from your embassy that is equal to or greater than 40k baht.

As for monthly income, you need to show at least 60k THB.

14 minutes ago, fakser said:

As for monthly income, you need to show at least 60k THB.

If you want an extension of stay on the basis of working, the minimum income varies by nationality, but is 65k baht per month for those from Western countries. An extension of stay based on being the parent of a Thai requires only an income of 40k baht per month.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you want an extension of stay on the basis of working, the minimum income varies by nationality, but is 65k baht per month for those from Western countries.

It is 50k baht per month not 65k baht.

image.png.3845b54ee7989e331523ea00724df5d4.png

Archived