Pattaya: Second wave worse than the first for minivan driver

rooster59

Pattaya: Second wave worse than the first for minivan driver

2201641-1024x576.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

A Pattaya minivan driver of tourists told the Thai media that the second wave of the pandemic was worse than the first.

At least during the first one last year he had got 15,000 baht from the government spread over three months,  said Prida Chaiyo, 49.

Now he hadn't got any assistance with the instalments on his vehicle, insurance and third party liability.

Prida said that after the first wave he had seen some recovery with a few Thai tourists but since Chonburi and Pattaya were put in the highest level of restrictions no one was going there. 

His income was now zero and he needs the government to bail him out again. 

77kaoded reported there has been 648 cases of the virus in Chonburi, 238 of them in Bang Lamung where Pattaya resides.

Only SiRacha has been worse hit this time around.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-23

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, tingtongfarang said:

With these death vans being out of action or even repode the road death toll must be way down

Even when driving he likely can't afford the drinking session before-hand so win win!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

77kaoded reported there has been 648 cases of the virus in Chonburi, 238 of them in Bang Lamung where Pattaya resides.

But only a couple cases in the last few weeks...and none for over a week (including yesterday Sunday 24).

On 1/23/2021 at 7:48 PM, tingtongfarang said:

With these death vans being out of action or even repode the road death toll must be way down

I get what you are saying, but this guy could be one of the more careful ones, it seems he owns his van, so would he not be more inclined to drive it more carefully?

I have made many journeys by these vans between both here upcountry and Bangkok, and have never seen any of them with bad drivers.

In saying that, I have seen many of these vans been driven badly while out on my motorbike road trips.

Where the government are forcing people to close their businesses, or costing people their jobs, they should pay people's living expenses.

If the government can't pay they should allow people to get on with their lives. Those who want to stay at home because they are afraid can do so.