Travel to Chiang Rai; internal travel in Thailand

Robin

Are there flight from Don Muang to Chiang Rai at the moment?  I have just got back to  Thailand after 6 months away, now serving out my quarantine.  Looked on the net today for my flight back to CEI when I finish ASQ and see that Air Asia only list 1 flight DMK-CEI.  Same on Expedia.  

Air Asia also warn of restrictions on internal travel and direct me to a Gov. site  in Thai.

Has anyone any information about possible restrictions on my flight to CEI, or where I can get information in English?

15 minutes ago, statman78 said:

Check out the TAT site.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/01/tat-update-summary-of-provincial-covid-19-control-measures-as-of-6-january-2021/

The link states as of 6 January but the site is really as of 22 January.  You have to scroll down quite a bit to find Chiang Rai.  

So he's going from one quarantine to another...

2: Chiang Rai + Suspension of licensing services for all gambling or betting related activities, including fighting cock-fish-bull, boxing, horse racing, and card games.  

+ A ban on any gatherings that would pose a risk of disease transmission.  

+ Entertainment businesses and venues can open only until 24.00 Hrs. daily.  

+ Interprovincial travel is discouraged.  

+ Arrivals from the highly controlled and controlled areas are required to register with the Chiang Rai Sawasdee and Thai Chana contact tracing applications and enter a 14-day self-quarantine or local quarantine as advised by the local public health office.  

37 minutes ago, Robin said:

Thanks.  I'll take my  chance and book a ticket, hoping that I get out of ASQ on time.  Seems to be cheaper to risk the ticket that to stay another night in Bangkok.

Depends where. Many hotels have dropped prices considerably. Place I still stay at is at 25% below lowest price it ever had now. So are most around here. But yes, plane tickets are cheap especially now that planes are empty due to quarantine requirements on flying to some provinces...

If you can book a ticket, you can fly, Eventually. The fights now are usually not booked very full, so be prepared for possibly hours of cancellations until they get a full flight.  

Our Daughter just had a baby last week, So we asked around and researched and everyone said. "Oh, Bangkok, bad. Don't go, you need test. Very complicated. Not worth it"

Okay. The Wife and I went in for the Covid test, of course, Negative. Obtained a letter from our Tambon manager, which we were told to get and so we drove away. Yeah. Non stop, Chiang Mai all the way to Bang Na. Not even the normal Police speed trap in Nakhon Sawan.

New Baby and mother doing well, Father a little panicked...lol Normal stuff, my wife "New Grandma" a lot excited!.

We went Camping at Kaeng Krachen last Friday/Sat. The campgrounds were packed, but everyone wearing the mask and keeping the six feet. No worries.

Two weeks ago we drove from our house in Chiang Mai to the Northern mountain village of Ang Khang (just east of Chiang Rai). We pitched a tent on an overlook for a beautiful view. Strawberries were just coming in, Oranges were sweet and also the tail end of Avocado season brought well ripened goodness. Happy Travels.

Don't know what is happening at Air Asia.  Rumourd of flight cancelled but nothing in the press.

AA web-site is no help, but 'flight status ' for FD3201 (BKK-CEI) returns  

"Oops!

No flights today."

which is not good news.  Does anyonee know?
Will there be a statement?

3 hours ago, Robin said:

AA web-site is no help, but 'flight status ' for FD3201 (BKK-CEI) returns  

"Oops!

No flights today."

which is not good news.  Does anyonee know?

It looks like FD3201 hasn't flown since the 10th January.  FD7209 however still looks to be running with a 15:30 departure time from DMK.