RT-PCR Results Format Required

Hi,

What does Thailand require in terms of the RT-PCR test results?    I've seen a lot of good information on the other requirement's format and content (that is, the Fit to Fly document) but I haven't found similar for the RT-PCR test results.   Is an email with the results sufficient or is a signed, stamped paper certificate required (or something else, e.g., can I print the email?)?    I assume that date of test, date of results issuance, and the result are requirements for content.   Anything else?

I ask because there is a $100+ difference between getting the email versus a signed stamped paper certificate for each of the two of us.   Don't mind doing if it is required.

Thank you!

Before I arrived I had two covid test.  One email, one stamped. From two different places. I needed to be sure results came back in time. The one I had stamped the same doctor stamped the 2 fit,2fly I gave them. So I showed them the stamped one. But I always mention when giving them all my paperworthat I had 2 covid test with me. The stamped one had very basic information. My name, that I had be test for covid and results negative. Doctors office and a sticky receipt on the paper with the lab times and test. 

The emailed one was really detailed but no stamp.

1) Covid-19 RT PCR Test. An e-mailed certificate stating test method (Covid-19 RT PCR test) and date, and of course the negative result.

Each facility will have their own format of certificate, there is no standard format.

2) Fit to Fly can be a letter signed by a Doctor (and then e-mailed).

Both of my documents, PCR tests from Clarity Labs at LAX, and Fit to Fly from quick.md were emailed to me, I printed them, and had no problems boarding Singapore airlines, and passing Immigration at BKK... I am in ASQ day 2 in Bangkok now. The authorities seem quite familiar and accepting of printed emailed documents, as I think they are the majority of documents presented now.

There's confusion regarding the terminology of the covid19 test results and I doubt the immigration or airline staff are fully aware of how to fully interpret the 1000s of different lab reports. So I believe they look for the key words:

RT-PCR: Negative/Undetected 

*RT-PCR means Reverse Transcriptase PCR and not Real Time PCR. 

*Real Time PCR is coded qPCR. 

*So Real Time, Reverse Transcriptase PCR should be RT-qPCR. It could also be coded rRT-PCR or qRT-PCR. 

3 hours ago, Iceni369 said:

I have seen both being accepted - the PCR test and also the RT - PCR test. (both followed by the standard quarantine). So, does anybody know which one is actually asked for? Thank you for any replies. 

All PCR tests for Sars Cov-2 are RT-PCR  (reverse transcriptase-PCR ) tests whether the letters RT are included or not- there is no other way of doing PCR for this virus.  So any PCR test IS an RT-PCR automatically, which is why tests termed PCR or RT-PCR are both accepted.

[This is because SarsCov-2 is an RNA virus - its genetic material is single stranded RNA. PCR needs double stranded DNA to work. RT (reverse transcriptase) is an enzyme that makes a complementary strand of DNA from the single stranded RNA of the virus, converting it to double stranded DNA, and so allowing the PCR reaction to go ahead.]

And yet they say this at the embassy that different airlines have different requests! KLM says on their website and by phone, that just a negative PCR test is just fine to board their planes . And by phone they mentioned something also about a blood test on the airport (when you are transiting) which you then show on arrival! 

Nothing is crystal clear, once again....

32 minutes ago, partington said:

So any PCR test IS an RT-PCR automatically, which is why tests termed PCR or RT-PCR are both accepted.

True, but the truth doesn't always get you on your flight. There has been reports of people being denied boarding as the test cert did not state RT-PCR (a lot more reports of it not be an issue), therefore, it makes sense to ask the clinic to call it that to negate coming up against some jobsworth on checkin.

4. COVID-19 test result with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure -- Some airlines do not accept home kit tests so please check specific requirements with the airlines you are travelling with.

PS - Thanks for the info everyone. ; )

Archived