Jump to content

best signing of the season


Recommended Posts

So gentlemen it's the half wayish mark in the season

Which NEW signing has made  a big difference 2 a team and why? 

I'll start the ball rolling

 

I'll go Martinez at villa.. last season that back line leaked goals and were generally sloppy.. and with virtually the same bodies. It's turned into a mean machine even returning a few goals

Oh.  And  just as I was about to conclude how can I not now include Watkins  when he's just added a.9th to  as an impressive a debut prem season as I can remember...but it's not just the goals his all round game is excellent, both footed, unselfish team play  work rate pace the boys got the lot.. but u all know that cos I've been bleetin on about him for EVER..

Anyways over to you  guys

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier in the season I might have considered Wilson at Newcastle, but their results in the last couple of months have squashed that.

 

Best business of the season; Villa holding on to Grealish.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruben Dias.

The change in our defending and the change in our form since he arrived has been amazing.

Youngest in our defence (except Garcia).

Carries himself like a leader same as Kompany and Fernandinho.

Our player of the season to date.

Don't feel like we will concede when he plays (now that's a feeling I'm not used to following City)

Don't remember a signing getting so settled and in to his stride so quickly.

No-one talks about Koulibaly anymore.

Continues to fly under the radar...long may that last.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 12:54 AM, owl sees all said:

Earlier in the season I might have considered Wilson at Newcastle, but their results in the last couple of months have squashed that.

 

 

 

His 2  , 2 day make you not far of the mark

Martinez was called signing of the season on sky 2 day..down to him villas defence this season is unrecognisable compared to last..

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

His 2  , 2 day make you not far of the mark

Martinez was called signing of the season on sky 2 day..down to him villas defence this season is unrecognisable compared to last..

 

Martinez vs City t'other night was very impressive.

Wilson last night looked a bargain signing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering our defensive woes last season. Ruben Dias has been an amazing signing for us. We have less goals against by a country mile. We have only let 13 goals in and that includes 5 goals which Leicester put past us early in the season. Dias didn't play that day.

 

I would really struggle to find any other player that has had as big an impact than Dias

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly of topic.. however.. the transfer windows closed... A few interesting ones... Maja on loan to Fulham could be an interesting one.. sarf London boy.... Liverpool have nicked a decent left footed center bac from Preston.. for next to nish... Irritating!! And westham have down a good bit of business buying benny and getting lingard in...as for the rest ... Anyone? 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The tricky blues have picked up Josh King from Bournemouth. Gazzaniga loaned to Elche......LFC dealings on LFC thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 12:19 PM, mrbojangles said:

Considering our defensive woes last season. Ruben Dias has been an amazing signing for us. We have less goals against by a country mile. We have only let 13 goals in and that includes 5 goals which Leicester put past us early in the season. Dias didn't play that day.

 

I would really struggle to find any other player that has had as big an impact than Dias

I remember last season City looked certain to leak at least a goal a game and now they seem to be just about the best defence in the league at present. Just need Pep to stop rotating his <deleted> defenders! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jota to Liverpool was a great signing and under the radar too.

I acknowledge the improvement at City with Ruben Dias but I think John Stones is living up to his promise as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, champers said:

Jota to Liverpool was a great signing and under the radar too.

I acknowledge the improvement at City with Ruben Dias but I think John Stones is living up to his promise as well.

Funny though how a goal drought for the other normally freescoring automatic 1st down on the team sheet forwards happened though...it could be argued

Minute they get some SERIOUS un ignorable competition..in Jota, they dry up..the phycology of top end   footballers...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, champers said:

Jota to Liverpool was a great signing and under the radar too.

I acknowledge the improvement at City with Ruben Dias but I think John Stones is living up to his promise as well.

Yeah at the cost of 100 mil plus of center bacs left floundering though .ake must be so <deleted>... he's taken a step  back to why he left chelsea and no doubts he can't move, being tied with large wages so no one can compete..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...