best signing of the season

3 minus 2

So gentlemen it's the half wayish mark in the season

Which NEW signing has made  a big difference 2 a team and why? 

I'll start the ball rolling

I'll go Martinez at villa.. last season that back line leaked goals and were generally sloppy.. and with virtually the same bodies. It's turned into a mean machine even returning a few goals

Oh.  And  just as I was about to conclude how can I not now include Watkins  when he's just added a.9th to  as an impressive a debut prem season as I can remember...but it's not just the goals his all round game is excellent, both footed, unselfish team play  work rate pace the boys got the lot.. but u all know that cos I've been bleetin on about him for EVER..

Anyways over to you  guys

• Like 1

Ruben Dias.

The change in our defending and the change in our form since he arrived has been amazing.

Youngest in our defence (except Garcia).

Carries himself like a leader same as Kompany and Fernandinho.

Our player of the season to date.

Don't feel like we will concede when he plays (now that's a feeling I'm not used to following City)

Don't remember a signing getting so settled and in to his stride so quickly.

No-one talks about Koulibaly anymore.

Continues to fly under the radar...long may that last.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 12:54 AM, owl sees all said:

Earlier in the season I might have considered Wilson at Newcastle, but their results in the last couple of months have squashed that.

His 2  , 2 day make you not far of the mark

Martinez was called signing of the season on sky 2 day..down to him villas defence this season is unrecognisable compared to last..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

His 2  , 2 day make you not far of the mark

Martinez was called signing of the season on sky 2 day..down to him villas defence this season is unrecognisable compared to last..

Martinez vs City t'other night was very impressive.

Wilson last night looked a bargain signing.

Considering our defensive woes last season. Ruben Dias has been an amazing signing for us. We have less goals against by a country mile. We have only let 13 goals in and that includes 5 goals which Leicester put past us early in the season. Dias didn't play that day.

I would really struggle to find any other player that has had as big an impact than Dias

• Like 1

Slightly of topic.. however.. the transfer windows closed... A few interesting ones... Maja on loan to Fulham could be an interesting one.. sarf London boy.... Liverpool have nicked a decent left footed center bac from Preston.. for next to nish... Irritating!! And westham have down a good bit of business buying benny and getting lingard in...as for the rest ... Anyone? 

On 1/31/2021 at 12:19 PM, mrbojangles said:

Considering our defensive woes last season. Ruben Dias has been an amazing signing for us. We have less goals against by a country mile. We have only let 13 goals in and that includes 5 goals which Leicester put past us early in the season. Dias didn't play that day.

I would really struggle to find any other player that has had as big an impact than Dias

I remember last season City looked certain to leak at least a goal a game and now they seem to be just about the best defence in the league at present. Just need Pep to stop rotating his <deleted> defenders! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, champers said:

Jota to Liverpool was a great signing and under the radar too.

I acknowledge the improvement at City with Ruben Dias but I think John Stones is living up to his promise as well.

Funny though how a goal drought for the other normally freescoring automatic 1st down on the team sheet forwards happened though...it could be argued

Minute they get some SERIOUS un ignorable competition..in Jota, they dry up..the phycology of top end   footballers...

5 hours ago, champers said:

Jota to Liverpool was a great signing and under the radar too.

I acknowledge the improvement at City with Ruben Dias but I think John Stones is living up to his promise as well.

Yeah at the cost of 100 mil plus of center bacs left floundering though .ake must be so <deleted>... he's taken a step  back to why he left chelsea and no doubts he can't move, being tied with large wages so no one can compete..

40 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah at the cost of 100 mil plus of center bacs left floundering though .ake must be so <deleted>... he's taken a step  back to why he left chelsea and no doubts he can't move, being tied with large wages so no one can compete..

I think Ake is injured but even so I am not convinced about him being good enough at City's level.

Liverpool's front 3 seem to have become goal shy since Jota got injured. Salah looks back to his brilliant best.

5 hours ago, champers said:

I think Ake is injured but even so I am not convinced about him being good enough at City's level.

Liverpool's front 3 seem to have become goal shy since Jota got injured. Salah looks back to his brilliant best.

Started b4 Jota got injured.. he started winning games seemingly single handed and often from the bench.. he was forcing klopp to break a trio that looked irreplaceable... Oh and  ake.. you could be right but don't think we've seen enuf of him in the Liverpool shirt to right him just yet.. and he's left footed Which is an asset / rare .. sayin that Liverpool have just signed another leftie from Preston in footie money double cheap.

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Think you are posting without knowing.

City have Dias, Stones, Laporte, Dias, Garcia and Harwood-Bellis (listed in order of merit this season).

Dias has been automatic choice from day one and has been amazing.

Stones initially got his chance playing in our CL/Carabao midweek (2nd string team), played well and  took his chance when it came along. Dias and Stones are for the past 2 months or so the 1st choice pairing.

Laporte has been in and out due to covid, injuries and being blamed for Spurs 1st goal in our last defeat in November. He's recently had a run of games and now Pep is rotating Stones and Laporte alongside Dias.

Ake has barely been fit at any point this season. He's been out now for quite a while with a hammie. If he was fit he would be playing, either LCB or at LB (though Zinchenko has come in to the form he was in in the 98 point championship and deserves his place on merit) but he's been incredibly unlucky with injuries since signing (he arrived injured i believe).

Garcia has f****d everybody off by declaring (night before Lyon game) that he wants to leave - there's not a City fan who wants him near the team, but as a Catalan he's Pep's son.

Harwood-Bellis is young, promising, a City fan who goes home and away, and a real prospect. He's been allowed to go out on loan to Blackburn (following in Tosin's footsteps) as Garcia didn't leave for Barca in the January window.

So we now have real quality and quantity in the CB positions, lack of which was one of our downfalls last season (something Liverpool is experiencing this season).