SURVEY: Should school fees/tuition be returned to parents?

Scott

SURVEY: Should school fees/tuition be returned to parents?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This issue has been discussed in the US with respect to universities.

My take is this.. I think we have to break-down all the parts...   When we talk of things that are objective in nature; like fees for lunches, etc... unless those meals were still provided or a substantially similar alternative provided, then I think the charges that are apportioned to the meals should be refunded.. as i think there’s a clear case to be made that the “product” simply wasn’t provided.

When it comes to the costs apportioned to the “instructional” component... THAT i think is harder to assess.

Essentially how does one accurately, fairly and impartially compare instruction via traditional “in class” format versus “online”... i think it’s true to say that the *experience* is vastly different, but does tuition also cover “experience” or is sorely the transmitting of knowledge?  lots of subjectivity here..  i don’t think it’s every really been formalized what exactly is covered by paying tuition. 

The Covid situation is no one's fault. It's a tough situation we all share and need to pull together to get through it. I know of a school that is doing its best to teach via Zoom/Google forms. It's not optimal but is an effort.

I think teachers should receive a reduced salary and parents should receive a portion of tuition back.