Teens caught stealing by CCTV surrender to police

rooster59

Teens caught stealing by CCTV surrender to police

By THE NATION

800_fd7e8f258e72b28.jpg

Four teenagers who had allegedly stolen a pair of shoes and made a mocking gesture at a CCTV camera were brought to police by their parents after video footage of their actions went viral recently.

On January 10, the teenagers visited an apartment where their friend lived, in Bang Phli district of Samut Prakarn province.
They saw the shoes an owner had placed outside his room and allegedly stole them, without realising that their actions were recorded by a CCTV camera.

The video footage of the theft was later uploaded online. Fearing that they will be arrested, the four teenagers, wearing helmets, returned to the apartment and placed the stolen shoes back outside the owner’s room. This action took place on January 15.

However, before leaving, the teenagers made a mocking gesture before the camera. Again, the CCTV footage was released online and went viral.

On Friday, the teenagers’ parents took them to Bang Phli Police Station. They were all male and aged between 15 to 17. They were charged with stealing at night.

nation.jpg

10 hours ago, JoePai said:

Dumb and Dumber springs to mind

Yes, very appropriate!

Dumb for taking used shoes without noticing camera, Dumber for returning AND flipping off the camera.

I feel sorry for the parents, these boys seem to be prime candidates to prove Darwin's theories.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Yes, very appropriate!

Dumb for taking used shoes without noticing camera, Dumber for returning AND flipping off the camera.

I feel sorry for the parents, these boys seem to be prime candidates to prove Darwin's theories.

The parents are likely part of the problem.

• Like 2

I guess they thought that by coming back with helmets on, they'd not be recognised - even though they were returning the same shoes stolen when they had no helmets on.

I can see them becoming esteemed members of the Cabinet in later life, They have proved they are clever enough....

• Like 1