The week that was in Thailand news: There’s good and bad in every nation: keyboard warriors should rein it in!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The week that was in Thailand news: There’s good and bad in every nation: keyboard warriors should rein it in!     A mixture of news both lighthearted and unpleasant in nature grac

I tend to agree. However...   I was going to write a lengthy and detailed missive explaining why I don't post much anymore and why I think TVF has become nastier and more and more unpleasant

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I tend to agree. However...

I was going to write a lengthy and detailed missive explaining why I don't post much anymore and why I think TVF has become nastier and more and more unpleasant, but then I realized it was a forbidden topic and my post would just get deleted.

I will simply point out that Members may decide what they post, but they don't decide if it stays on the site.

Have a nice day.

My weapons of choice nowadays have become the 'report post' system which usually gets the desired response and the 'ignore poster' facility which become a very lengthy list of late.

Both, unfortunately have their flaws, but it does at least make my visits to TVF a little less annoying.

My thanks to @rooster59 for broaching this very touchy topic.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Glad to see that Mr rooster still has some vinegar left in his keyboard.  So far it looks as if its going to be a very trying year!

• Haha 1

I’ve always skipped over reading this week in Thailand... today’s 

title was interesting and I’ll read these going forward....

9 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I tend to agree. However...

I was going to write a lengthy and detailed missive explaining why I don't post much anymore and why I think TVF has become nastier and more and more unpleasant, but then I realized it was a forbidden topic and my post would just get deleted.

I will simply point out that Members may decide what they post, but they don't decide if it stays on the site.

Have a nice day.

I agree about the Thai people - I've been an expat for a decade and I remain one because of the Thai people. There is something so special about them, they are so very resourceful and warm and somehow, they put up with us expats, in good grace, during our early years of adjusting to a completely different culture. I get annoyed - angry -  at the current government during this Covid time because their edicts have been unnecessarily harsh, particularly in areas of the country where Covid was not a serious problem, yet country-wise shutdowns and lockdowns decimated small businesses in a most draconian way.  I saw the devastation of that every day. I still think it is a wonderful country to live in - I love the spirit of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1