Are rooftop bars open?

Genix

Back in BKK after 4 months and about to finish quarantine. Was planning on hitting up a rooftop bar but researching now and not sure if they are ...

My understand was they're open till 10 PM ? 

And are barber shops open? I look homeless after quarantine.

• Haha 2

For a haircut - you can try using a place that is located under Soi Asoke (Sukhumvit Soi 21) - it is located in the "tunnel" that runs parallel to Soi Asoke,  starting from the area that marks the top of the MRT Subway system, when you descend from the BTS Skytrain system, next to Terminal 21 shopping mall.  The barber shop is located about halfway down the tunnel, on the left side  - if you are coming from the space TWO LEVELS down from the BTS, by escalator.  It costs 150 baht - and they work fairly "quickly."

For a roof top  venue, try Brewski - which is located at the top of the Radisson Hotel at the corner of Sukhumvit Road, and Sukhumvit Soi 27.  See more at https://www.facebook.com/brewskirooftop   and at https://bangkokbeerguru.com/city/bangkok/listing/brewski/

- but - it's not cheap!

Good luck!

16 hours ago, statman78 said:

I hope that the alcohol ban is lifted soon and that the pubs can open.  I am planning my a trip down to Bangkok to watch the Super Bowl since there are not any good places to watch it here in Chiang Rai.

You'll have to forgive the governor if he prioritises Covid over the Superbowl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Genix said:

Back in BKK after 4 months and about to finish quarantine. Was planning on hitting up a rooftop bar but researching now and not sure if they are ...

No bars are supposed to be open.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 5:39 PM, Genix said:

Oh Yes ! I believe Covid 19 doesn't like heights lol ????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

Re the barber shop in the little MRT tunnel under Asoke  -   A HIDDEN GEM, nice quiet little area that has a Suparich money changer, coffee shops and a nice CLEAN horng nahm...  but don't tell anybody.

Except for the workers that use the tunnel to exit further up Asoke..  most people just walk by the entrance.

As for the better rooftop bars i.e.  360 Bar,  Cloud 47,  Sky Bar etc,  they're atop the ****+  hotels which stick strictly to the "no alcohol" rules at present!   All you can do at the moment is Scan the Skyline with a Snack and a Sprite!

On 1/24/2021 at 4:07 PM, statman78 said:

I hope that the alcohol ban is lifted soon and that the pubs can open.  I am planning my a trip down to Bangkok to watch the Super Bowl since there are not any good places to watch it here in Chiang Rai.

The Super Bowl is not until Feb 8th and things may loosen up by then. But even if today's restrictions are still in place for sure there will be restaurants/bars opening to show the game.  My first guess would be Bourbon Street, but there will be others. You may not be able to have a beer but really you gotta be pretty hardcore to have a beer at 6:00 am.

13 hours ago, dekestone said:

The Super Bowl is not until Feb 8th and things may loosen up by then. But even if today's restrictions are still in place for sure there will be restaurants/bars opening to show the game.  My first guess would be Bourbon Street, but there will be others. You may not be able to have a beer but really you gotta be pretty hardcore to have a beer at 6:00 am.

Thanks for the insight.  I usually go to The Game near Nana BTS station but Bourbon Street is within walking distance of my condo.  When I get into Bangkok next Wednesday I'll stop there to see if they will be open.  I usually wait until half time and have a few Bloody Marys.  ????

I hope for everyone's safety that the latest outbreak is back under control soon.  Businesses and their employees are really hurting.

A little off topic, but I was at Bourbon Street on Thanksgiving and Christmas and the buffet was great!

Edited by statman78

36 minutes ago, statman78 said:

Thanks for the insight.  I usually go to The Game near Nana BTS station but Bourbon Street is within walking distance of my condo.  When I get into Bangkok next Wednesday I'll stop there to see if they will be open.  I usually wait until half time and have a few Bloody Marys.  ????

I hope for everyone's safety that the latest outbreak is back under control soon.  Businesses and their employees are really hurting.

A little off topic, but I was at Bourbon Street on Thanksgiving and Christmas and the buffet was great!

Yeah, dude puts out a nice spread....miss the old location though...