• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Main monitor is 50" 4k.  

Here is my current computer setup, got an other computer with 2 screens in the other corner as a backup.   How many of you use multiple screens ?   I got everything wired except my

I guess it depends on your requirements. I like being comfortable for the several hours a day that I spend behind my computer. I have all sorts of body pain and I cannot sit at a desk in a regular des

Posted Images

4 hours ago, robblok said:

but watching a movie at one screen doing something else at an other. 

Your movie cannot be that interesting then.

I have a NUC with two HDMI outs, each into 28 inch 4K Samsungs. Great for music production as I can have main mixer on one and plug ins on the other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Is that a standing desk?

I dont think so, but if he had his chair in position you would not see the screens & PCs in the photo. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I like to have no borders, and a 34" (3440x1440) ultrawide screen is wide enough for me to comfortably put two windows next to each other (probably enough for most other's people as well)

If it weren't enough for me I would upgrade to a 37.5" (3840x1600) ultrawide, and if that's not enough there is 49" (5120x1440), using multiple screens is so 2010 😉

It all depends on what work/play you are doing on your PC. If you are running MS Flight Sim, then one widescreen is no good, you need side monitors to get the full experience. But for normal use, a widescreen is great if you can afford one, and don't mind throwing your two or three others away, as they are from 2010!   LOL

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/monitors/samsung/49inch-odyssey-g9-1000r-curved-gaming-monitor-240hz-1ms-5120x1440-hdmi-2xdp-g-sync-lc49g95tssexxt-p052342/

Edited by KannikaP
12 hours ago, jackdd said:

I like to have no borders, and a 34" (3440x1440) ultrawide screen is wide enough for me to comfortably put two windows next to each other (probably enough for most other's people as well)

If it weren't enough for me I would upgrade to a 37.5" (3840x1600) ultrawide, and if that's not enough there is 49" (5120x1440), using multiple screens is so 2010 😉

There are probably some use cases where multiple screens make sense, but not for 99% of people.

I disagree, do you have actual experience with two monitors. For me it makes sense for work. A single monitor does not separate programs as well you have to configure it a lot.

I recently changed a monitor and was thinking 42 inkch at 4k but it was too big for up close. But for me multiple monitors make sense and I am of the opinion its still better to have 2 32 inch monitors then one 42 inch. But then again this is al about preferences and easy of work. My multi monitors are mainly used for work purposes

Must say both of the monitors your talking about are not even 4k (i like real 4k for monitors not those strange formats)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

It all depends on what work/play you are doing on your PC. If you are running MS Flight Sim, then one widescreen is no good, you need side monitors to get the full experience. But for normal use, a widescreen is great if you can afford one, and don't mind throwing your two or three others away, as they are from 2010!   LOL

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/monitors/samsung/49inch-odyssey-g9-1000r-curved-gaming-monitor-240hz-1ms-5120x1440-hdmi-2xdp-g-sync-lc49g95tssexxt-p052342/

I never got in the curved part as I dont like it much also i dont like the non real 4k monitors. I do like the 240hertz monitor as its better for games especially if you got a fast video card.

18 hours ago, robblok said:

Here is my current computer setup, got an other computer with 2 screens in the other corner as a backup.

How many of you use multiple screens ?

I got everything wired except my mouse mx master 3 has good battery power. The keyboard is wired and special (has a row of programmable keys)

I can't live anymore without extra screens all of them are 32 inch. at 4k resulution

Just post some pics of your setup if it looks nice.

To be totally honest its usually more of a mess.

computer resized.jpg

My Son just walked past as I was looking at this pic.............I will leave you to ponder on the conversation.............:tongue:

Great set up.........Is that the mini bar on the right disguised as a drawer unit........:whistling:

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I disagree, do you have actual experience with two monitors.

Yes, before ultrawide monitors were widely available I used two screens. Actually at the beginning I used an ultrawide + an extra regular monitor, but after I while i noticed that there is not much point in using this extra monitor, the ultrawide itself is big enough.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Must say both of the monitors your talking about are not even 4k (i like real 4k for monitors not those strange formats)

That's not an actual problem though. Most people (you included, as we can see from the arrangement of your programs) sit too far away from their 4k screens to benefit from them.

To benefit from 4k on a 32" screen your head should not be further away than 50cm (your eyes from the screen) or so. To profit from 4k at a "normal" distance you need a 40"+ screen.

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Yes, before ultrawide monitors were widely available I used two screens. Actually at the beginning I used an ultrawide + an extra regular monitor, but after I while i noticed that there is not much point in using this extra monitor, the ultrawide itself is big enough.

That's not an actual problem though. Most people (you included, as we can see from the arrangement of your programs) sit too far away from their 4k screens to benefit from them.

To benefit from 4k on a 32" screen your head should not be further away than 50cm (your eyes from the screen) or so. To profit from 4k at a "normal" distance you need a 40"+ screen.

My main problem with one big screen is that you constant need to set it up. While separate monitors you just drag and expand the window.

I think your wrong with how far i am from my screen. I think its about 50 cm when seated. maybe 60 cm. I really thought long and hard about replacing one of the 32inches with a 42.5 and then having only 2 monitors. But after experimenting a bit with the splitting of screen on my 32 inch i decided that it worked better with separate screens. I thought about it for over a month and investigated it. It was all pretty recent that i wanted to change.

But to be honest for me its mainly work based where i need multiple document open. You see that i got my screens on its side that is to mimic a4 (as my documents are in a4 pdf).

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

My main problem with one big screen is that you constant need to set it up. While separate monitors you just drag and expand the window.

Since Windows 10 (OSX does this as well) you can just drag windows to the side of the screen to automatically adjust them to a part of the screen.

You can just drag one window to the left side, and one to the right, then both use 50% of the screen. You even get a bar in the middle with which you can adjust them both with one drag.

To have a window use just 25% of the screen you just drag it into a corner. There are also extra tools like this with which you can define custom areas: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/fancyzones

That's the same procedure as when having multiple screens.

• Like 2