Corrolla Cross

oceaneyes

Thinking of getting a Corolla Cross as it looks like a practical all round car. Any one got one, or want to share their thoughts?

Also considering a Subaru Forrester or CX30. The CX30 is probably the best to drive but least practical.I like the size and 4WD of the Forrester. But the Corolla cross seems to have decent space, plus it would be good to have a hybrid.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, oceaneyes said:

Thinking of getting a Corolla Cross as it looks like a practical all round car. Any one got one, or want to share their thoughts?

Also considering a Subaru Forrester or CX30. The CX30 is probably the best to drive but least practical.I like the size and 4WD of the Forrester. But the Corolla cross seems to have decent space, plus it would be good to have a hybrid.

I recently got a Forester, and quite like it - roomy and comfortable in the front and back, good visibility through the large windows, and some nice safety features. To me, the Cross feels more cramped, but as you say, it would be great to have a hybrid, and the Forester doesn't have a hybrid option.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, oceaneyes said:

Go with the Sabaru, brother had one for 5 years, never an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

I recently got a Forester, and quite like it - roomy and comfortable in the front and back, good visibility through the large windows, and some nice safety features. To me, the Cross feels more cramped, but as you say, it would be great to have a hybrid, and the Forester doesn't have a hybrid option.

The Forester is more comparable to a CX-5 of CRV than to the Corolla Cross, and in that regards offers excellent value in Thailand.

For space, safety, and actual 4wd  capabilities, the Forester can not be beaten in Thailand. For a Hybrid small family car mainly used in the city, the Corolla Cross is a good choice. For singles/couples who don't need quite as much space, but value a touch of luxury inside and ever so slight sporty feel (the only one without CVT too), go with the Mazda CX-30.

It is worth noting that the claimed weight of the Hybrid Cross is only 60kg more than the non-hybrid variant, at 1,380kg.... which is also similar in weight to the CX-30. The 90kw combined hybrid engine is a lot less powerful than the Mazda's however, which explains the sluggishness when over-taking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Katipo said:

The Forester is more comparable to a CX-5 of CRV than to the Corolla Cross, and in that regards offers excellent value in Thailand.

For space, safety, and actual 4wd  capabilities, the Forester can not be beaten in Thailand. For a Hybrid small family car mainly used in the city, the Corolla Cross is a good choice. For singles/couples who don't need quite as much space, but value a touch of luxury inside and ever so slight sporty feel (the only one without CVT too), go with the Mazda CX-30.

It is worth noting that the claimed weight of the Hybrid Cross is only 60kg more than the non-hybrid variant, at 1,380kg.... which is also similar in weight to the CX-30. The 90kw combined hybrid engine is a lot less powerful than the Mazda's however, which explains the sluggishness when over-taking.

How does the Forester compare with the news Isuzu Mux Onyx...Anyone with any views?  Also what is the price of the Forester?

3 hours ago, hapark said:

How does the Forester compare with the news Isuzu Mux Onyx...Anyone with any views?  Also what is the price of the Forester?

The MU-X Onyx is is the outgoing model, based on the previous D-Max. There is a brand new MU-X appearing on the market right now.

They are very different vehicles. One is a modified diesel truck based on the D-Max, the other is a passenger car.

The Forester pricing details can be found here:

https://www.subaru.asia/th/assets/buying/pricelist.pdf

• Like 2

Check out the English language reviews on YouTube (they are from the Philippines). The fact that it's a hybrid and a Toyota plus better looking than alternatives have made up my mind. Apparently there is a 4 month delay due to battery supply that is stopping me from ordering one...

• Like 1

I can't remember the other model, but it is also an Hybrid?  The design is a bit wild with a slope back but the length is about the same kind of takes after the Juke in design. In terms of size and room I thought if one had to have an Hybrid this would be the choice I make when it comes to Toyota in comparison luxury and being solid when I closed the door sticker being the same 1.2 I would give the Cross a pass for sure but that me and I'm not confused about the choice.????

• Like 1

I have looked at the cross a few months ago. To change at that time my Toyota C-HR. But was not happy with what you get for the price!

Actually I think the cross is very similar to the C-HR, except the outside look different, which was the problem for some.. As the C-HR looked special.

I now moved away from Toyota...

2 hours ago, Katipo said:

The MU-X Onyx is is the outgoing model, based on the previous D-Max. There is a brand new MU-X appearing on the market right now.

They are very different vehicles. One is a modified diesel truck based on the D-Max, the other is a passenger car.

Yes well aware of that which is why I was asking for a comparison between the Forester and the new mu-x, not between this year's and last year's mu-x

18 hours ago, hapark said:

Yes well aware of that which is why I was asking for a comparison between the Forester and the new mu-x, not between this year's and last year's mu-x

There is no Onyx with the new model. It was a limited edition version. The new version of the MU-X looks lovely, it is still however a truck (body on frame) and not a car.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:18 AM, malathione said:

I drove a friend's and found it terribly underpowered for use on the single lane roads that I drive most often. Midrange acceleration is leisurely and makes overtaking dangerous. IMHO, of course. I'm sure it's fine for city use.

I didn't even know of their existence when this OP was writ. However, yesterday I let a red-plated one ease out of a hotel driveway into traffic in front of me. Then I got stuck behind this brake-dabbing proud new owner, tootling along at 15 kph, braking for bugs, bumpy road paint and what have you. Underpowered did spring to mind but maybe that was just the driver's brain?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I didn't even know of their existence when this OP was writ. However, yesterday I let a red-plated one ease out of a hotel driveway into traffic in front of me. Then I got stuck behind this brake-dabbing proud new owner, tootling along at 15 kph, braking for bugs, bumpy road paint and what have you. Underpowered did spring to mind but maybe that was just the driver's brain?

Haha! They're okay for city use, I'm sure. I just wouldn't want to use one where I have to regularly overtake.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 10:28 AM, hapark said:

Actually the new isuzu would be a good buy. Acceleration is very good (around 11.7 sec for 0-100) for the 190 HP 3.0 motor. It's a diesel though and the forester is petrol. And the isuzu is not as large as some of the other PPV's. It may be worth a look. Right mouse click to translate to english (on a laptop).

http://www.headlightmag.com/photo-short-review-isuzu-mux-ultimate/

On 1/27/2021 at 8:26 PM, DavisH said:

Actually the new isuzu would be a good buy. Acceleration is very good (around 11.7 sec for 0-100) for the 190 HP 3.0 motor. It's a diesel though and the forester is petrol. And the isuzu is not as large as some of the other PPV's. It may be worth a look. Right mouse click to translate to english (on a laptop).

http://www.headlightmag.com/photo-short-review-isuzu-mux-ultimate/

Thanks for the info!