Problems with thai elite membership

I need some advice what to do after my visa was not approved.

I stayed on a Non Immi OA in 2018 and 19. Never had any problem with immigration, never any overstay. In February last year I was going back to my home country to renew the visa at the embassyy. All paperwork were ok and fulfilled the requirements. I also finished a health insurance in my home country. The embassy accepted this insurance but they not accept the required form of „foreign insurnace certificate“ they give. Because it was not  correct stamped and signed by the insurance company.

Long story short: The embassy denied to give a OA or O visa and informed me that i can not apply for a new visa for half year.  Iam not blacklisted and can travel to thailand but will not get a new visa for half year.

Then the pandemic came and I stayed in my home country. Beginning of this year I make a new start. This time I appplied for a 5 year elite visum. After three weeks elite thailand informed me that the background check at the immigration was not succesful and my membership was not approved. They dont give any information why („confidential reason“) and denied the membership.  But it must be because oft he problems last year.

Anybody have the same experience or can give some advice what to do? Thai elite not give further information.

So Iam thinking what to do. Changing my future plans and looking for a new destination? Or wait for some months till the pandemic is gone and then apply for an elite membership again? Or anybody knows if an agent can help to clear this situation?

Thanks for any advice.

I have never heard of a embassy stating a time period before you could apply for another visa after having a application denied.

I don't think the lack of info from Thai Elite is their fault. They probably only were informed of the denial by immigration with no info.

One option you have is to apply for a single entry tourist visa or enter the country visa exempt to get a 45 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. You could then apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration and then a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa with proof it was transferred abroad or proof of 65k baht income. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you would apply for the extension when the 800k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never heard of a embassy stating a time period before you could apply for another visa after having a application denied.

I don't think the lack of info from Thai Elite is their fault. They probably only were informed of the denial by immigration with no info.

One option you have is to apply for a single entry tourist visa or enter the country visa exempt to get a 45 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. You could then apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration and then a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa with proof it was transferred abroad or proof of 65k baht income. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you would apply for the extension when the 800k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

Need to check with your local immigration office regarding the 2 months , Ours still insists on 3 months before, fined the other year for being 1 day late of their so called , 3 months, and refused to accept the official paperwork i showed them stating 2 months

3 hours ago, woha said:

The embassy accepted this insurance but they not accept the required form of „foreign insurnace certificate“ they give. Because it was not  correct stamped and signed by the insurance company.

Is that the 40k/400k insurance requirement?

Did they ask for the 40k/400k insurance for a single entry non-O ? 

They did not try to direct you to the Thai insurance, which may provide no cover, if you have not been there for 12 months? As most likely not provide cover until you have been there for 6 months...

Thanks ubonjoe. I never heart anything like this before too. Or that an embassy stating a time period. But thats what they told me at the embassy last year.

And about thai elite Iam thinking same. They were only informed by the denial of the immigration with no further info.

Off course the entry with a tourist visa could be an option. But maybe after I stayed in the country for 2 or 3 months the extension will be denied again. For whatever reasons.

Maybe its time for plan b. Looking for another country with not so much untransparent visa regulations. I choose thai elite because i like to stay in thailand and the people in the country and was thinking this would be an option not to hassle soo much with the immigration.

But thanks a lot for your advice.

3 hours ago, woha said:

But maybe after I stayed in the country for 2 or 3 months the extension will be denied again.

If you apply for the non-o visa and the the one year extension of stay based upon retirement the only reason it could be denied is if you did not have the 800k baht in the bank proof or a income of 65k baht. Or for the non-o visa application not being within 15 days of your current permit to stay ending.

11 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Need to check with your local immigration office regarding the 2 months , Ours still insists on 3 months before, fined the other year for being 1 day late of their so called , 3 months, and refused to accept the official paperwork i showed them stating 2 months

Your local Imm Office appears to be one of the very few rogue offices that do not follow the official IO rules/regulations with the 2 month rule (and worse don't even concede when confronted with the official IO rules showing that the 3 month rule has been replaced by 2 months since approx 1 year).

Would be helpful to tell from which province is your local IO.

10 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Is that the 40k/400k insurance requirement?

Did they ask for the 40k/400k insurance for a single entry non-O ? 

They did not try to direct you to the Thai insurance, which may provide no cover, if you have not been there for 12 months? As most likely not provide cover until you have been there for 6 months...

Yes, he was referring to the 400K/40K health-insurance requirement mandatory when applying for a Non Imm O-A Visa, as that one also allows to make use of the Foreign Insurance Certificate when your foreign international insurer is willing/able to send that FIC.

Currently some Thai Embassies/Consulates also require the 400K/40K health-insurance when applying for a Non Imm O Visa, as part of the current CoE requirements to enter Thailand (and in contrast with the Non Imm O-A, when doing so the insurance must be issued by one of the 13 Thai TGIA-associated insurers).

16 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, he was referring to the 400K/40K health-insurance requirement mandatory when applying for a Non Imm O-A Visa, as that one also allows to make use of the Foreign Insurance Certificate when your foreign international insurer is willing/able to send that FIC.

Currently some Thai Embassies/Consulates also require the 400K/40K health-insurance when applying for a Non Imm O Visa, as part of the current CoE requirements to enter Thailand (and in contrast with the Non Imm O-A, when doing so the insurance must be issued by one of the 13 Thai TGIA-associated insurers).

"....in contrast with the Non Imm O-A, when doing so the insurance must be issued by one of the 13 Thai TGIA-associated insurers....." If that is then case for the non-O now, and they have not removed the clause that states the proposed policies are ineffective, should you not have been in Thailand for 6 months cumulatively (out of 12). I understand the 6 month clause is a general requirement for many Thai insurance policies.

As I posted previously, I made an enquiry with one of the listed companies mid-2019 and they were quite up front that a Thai issued policy may not be suitable, as I was not in Thailand continuously (ME visa).  

If this situation is not just temporary for the current situation.  Oh darn! (movie= Speed, when he finds the explosives under the bus).

Thanks for that info...

P.s. I suppose I should edit my profile location, to just state UK ????.

On 1/25/2021 at 4:08 AM, woha said:

Thanks ubonjoe. I never heart anything like this before too. Or that an embassy stating a time period. But thats what they told me at the embassy last year.

And about thai elite Iam thinking same. They were only informed by the denial of the immigration with no further info.

Off course the entry with a tourist visa could be an option. But maybe after I stayed in the country for 2 or 3 months the extension will be denied again. For whatever reasons.

Maybe its time for plan b. Looking for another country with not so much untransparent visa regulations. I choose thai elite because i like to stay in thailand and the people in the country and was thinking this would be an option not to hassle soo much with the immigration.

But thanks a lot for your advice.

Follow the Non Imm O advice above and if there is any problem (due to you not complying with the financials properly) then go see an agent (who work closely with Immigration) and they will fix it

Archived