Annual Health Check Up Recommendations Required

Hi , 

Really need to get myself organised as regards my health.

I am looking for a local hospital offering good value (not necessarily cheapest) annual health check up in Phuket.

This is not an insurance query , just something that I would like to do to have peace of mind.

Recommendations anyone?

Every year I go to Siriroj Hospital for a check up package, and I am satisfied of this service.

In a couple of hours you can have a complete check of your health at a very convenient price, and you can add any analysis that you may consider helpful for your personal situation.

Similar packages are offered by Bangkok Hospital, check the hospital sites and find what you consider more convenient for you.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, a3tsw said:

Recommendations anyone?

For me, I just get a blood test done every 6-12 months at the usual blood place, no ques, no check ups and costs around 800 baht.

I get my results back within an hour, have a quick chat, everything velly good. 

Result                                   Unit                                   Range

Glucose                     99                                     mg/dl                                70-115

Cholesterol              131                                        "                                        0-200

Triglyceride               43                                         "                                        0-160                        

HDL-C                        72                                         "                                           > 35

LDL-C                         52                                         "                                        0-160

PSA                        0.495                                       "                                          0-4.0

If everything is within the reference range, no need for a check up, i.e. unless I am feeling very crook, so far so good.

Edited by 4MyEgo

I use the Phuket International, think now called Siriroj. Always offer package deals. My last was about 3,000 baht which included x-rays and ultrasound to check liver and kidneys. 

• Like 1

The prices sound really good, wish i had checked earlier. The price in Bangkok hospitals is exorbitant in comparison. For the two of us, each year it costs between 45 to 60,000 Baht depending on the hospital (BNH, Samitivej, Bumrungrad or St. Louis) for Program 5 which includes a stress test and full abdomen ultrasound, along with the blood tests and EKG plus chest xrays. Even smaller hospitals like Camillian, Petcharavej also charge around 35k Baht for 2 adults. It makes sense to plan a nice holiday and drive down to Phuket to get the annual medical checkup and still save a lot of money.

22 minutes ago, saakura said:

The prices sound really good, wish i had checked earlier. The price in Bangkok hospitals is exorbitant in comparison. For the two of us, each year it costs between 45 to 60,000 Baht depending on the hospital (BNH, Samitivej, Bumrungrad or St. Louis) for Program 5 which includes a stress test and full abdomen ultrasound, along with the blood tests and EKG plus chest xrays. Even smaller hospitals like Camillian, Petcharavej also charge around 35k Baht for 2 adults. It makes sense to plan a nice holiday and drive down to Phuket to get the annual medical checkup and still save a lot of money.

Believe me, you can pay those amounts in Phuket as well. This sounds a more thorough test than those quoted above.

I did my last one in Chachoengsao, half the price of a similar programme in Phuket in a brand new private hospital. But I think Dibuk does a basic checkup as well, cheaper than the other hospitals in the chain (Bangkok Phuket and Siriroj)

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

For me, I just get a blood test done every 6-12 months at the usual blood place, no ques, no check ups and costs around 800 baht.

I get my results back within an hour, have a quick chat, everything velly good. 

Result                                   Unit                                   Range

Glucose                     99                                     mg/dl                                70-115

Cholesterol              131                                        "                                        0-200

Triglyceride               43                                         "                                        0-160                        

HDL-C                        72                                         "                                           > 35

LDL-C                         52                                         "                                        0-160

PSA                        0.495                                       "                                          0-4.0

If everything is within the reference range, no need for a check up, i.e. unless I am feeling very crook, so far so good.

Where's "the usual blood place"? Might be interested as I like to have a basic check every two years and a more thorough one in the intervening years.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Where's "the usual blood place"? Might be interested as I like to have a basic check every two years and a more thorough one in the intervening years.

There are a number of Blood Test Clinics both on Chao Fa East and West roads.  I use the one on Chao Fa West (left hand side towards Phuket town) just before the entrance to the Tesco mall in Chalong.  The costs depend on how many tests you require.  I go twice a year for blood sugar and cholesterol tests and cost about 800B.  I believe they send the sample out to the bigger test labs (or hospitals).  You can get the results on the same day (give blood sample in the morning and get results in the afternoon).

• Thanks 1

Here's a scan of the Mission pamphlet for the over 50 program for men, other page shows the extras, like PSA, that can be done. Price says until end Dec 20 but its a sticker they put over last year's one so its unlikely the cost has changed.

They officially open at 0830 for these but you can get the tests done early and ahead of the queue (handy if you don't want to hold bodily fluids in any longer as well).

Bear in mind you need to fast  both food and fluids from midnite. 

miss3.jpg

3 hours ago, saakura said:

8 k for the full monty BPH Pattaya.

15 hours ago, madmitch said:

I go to a place called TLC Lab Centre, if your anywhere near Khon Kaen or Udon Thani, you can Google them, if your not up this way, you can Google lab centre in Thailand and I am sure you will get a few around the country, maybe one in your location ?

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Really handy for The Phuket Forum ..... mai

Ru suggesting the person who asked lives in Phuket, i.e. I am sure TVF members aren't all in Phuket.