Annual Health Check Up Recommendations Required

a3tsw

Hi , 

Really need to get myself organised as regards my health.

I am looking for a local hospital offering good value (not necessarily cheapest) annual health check up in Phuket.

This is not an insurance query , just something that I would like to do to have peace of mind.

Recommendations anyone?

Every year I go to Siriroj Hospital for a check up package, and I am satisfied of this service.

In a couple of hours you can have a complete check of your health at a very convenient price, and you can add any analysis that you may consider helpful for your personal situation.

Similar packages are offered by Bangkok Hospital, check the hospital sites and find what you consider more convenient for you.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, a3tsw said:

Recommendations anyone?

For me, I just get a blood test done every 6-12 months at the usual blood place, no ques, no check ups and costs around 800 baht.

I get my results back within an hour, have a quick chat, everything velly good. 

Result                                   Unit                                   Range

Glucose                     99                                     mg/dl                                70-115

Cholesterol              131                                        "                                        0-200

Triglyceride               43                                         "                                        0-160                        

HDL-C                        72                                         "                                           > 35

LDL-C                         52                                         "                                        0-160

PSA                        0.495                                       "                                          0-4.0

If everything is within the reference range, no need for a check up, i.e. unless I am feeling very crook, so far so good.

Edited by 4MyEgo

The prices sound really good, wish i had checked earlier. The price in Bangkok hospitals is exorbitant in comparison. For the two of us, each year it costs between 45 to 60,000 Baht depending on the hospital (BNH, Samitivej, Bumrungrad or St. Louis) for Program 5 which includes a stress test and full abdomen ultrasound, along with the blood tests and EKG plus chest xrays. Even smaller hospitals like Camillian, Petcharavej also charge around 35k Baht for 2 adults. It makes sense to plan a nice holiday and drive down to Phuket to get the annual medical checkup and still save a lot of money.

22 minutes ago, saakura said:

The prices sound really good, wish i had checked earlier. The price in Bangkok hospitals is exorbitant in comparison. For the two of us, each year it costs between 45 to 60,000 Baht depending on the hospital (BNH, Samitivej, Bumrungrad or St. Louis) for Program 5 which includes a stress test and full abdomen ultrasound, along with the blood tests and EKG plus chest xrays. Even smaller hospitals like Camillian, Petcharavej also charge around 35k Baht for 2 adults. It makes sense to plan a nice holiday and drive down to Phuket to get the annual medical checkup and still save a lot of money.

Believe me, you can pay those amounts in Phuket as well. This sounds a more thorough test than those quoted above.

I did my last one in Chachoengsao, half the price of a similar programme in Phuket in a brand new private hospital. But I think Dibuk does a basic checkup as well, cheaper than the other hospitals in the chain (Bangkok Phuket and Siriroj)

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

For me, I just get a blood test done every 6-12 months at the usual blood place, no ques, no check ups and costs around 800 baht.

I get my results back within an hour, have a quick chat, everything velly good. 

Result                                   Unit                                   Range

Glucose                     99                                     mg/dl                                70-115

Cholesterol              131                                        "                                        0-200

Triglyceride               43                                         "                                        0-160                        

HDL-C                        72                                         "                                           > 35

LDL-C                         52                                         "                                        0-160

PSA                        0.495                                       "                                          0-4.0

If everything is within the reference range, no need for a check up, i.e. unless I am feeling very crook, so far so good.

Where's "the usual blood place"? Might be interested as I like to have a basic check every two years and a more thorough one in the intervening years.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Where's "the usual blood place"? Might be interested as I like to have a basic check every two years and a more thorough one in the intervening years.

There are a number of Blood Test Clinics both on Chao Fa East and West roads.  I use the one on Chao Fa West (left hand side towards Phuket town) just before the entrance to the Tesco mall in Chalong.  The costs depend on how many tests you require.  I go twice a year for blood sugar and cholesterol tests and cost about 800B.  I believe they send the sample out to the bigger test labs (or hospitals).  You can get the results on the same day (give blood sample in the morning and get results in the afternoon).

• Thanks 1

Here's a scan of the Mission pamphlet for the over 50 program for men, other page shows the extras, like PSA, that can be done. Price says until end Dec 20 but its a sticker they put over last year's one so its unlikely the cost has changed.

They officially open at 0830 for these but you can get the tests done early and ahead of the queue (handy if you don't want to hold bodily fluids in any longer as well).

Bear in mind you need to fast  both food and fluids from midnite. 

miss3.jpg

3 hours ago, saakura said:

8 k for the full monty BPH Pattaya.

15 hours ago, madmitch said:

I go to a place called TLC Lab Centre, if your anywhere near Khon Kaen or Udon Thani, you can Google them, if your not up this way, you can Google lab centre in Thailand and I am sure you will get a few around the country, maybe one in your location ?

15 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ru suggesting the person who asked lives in Phuket, i.e. I am sure TVF members aren't all in Phuket.

from the OP

.....I am looking for a local hospital offering good value (not necessarily cheapest) annual health check up in Phuket.

And we are in the phuket section

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, zzzzz said:

I did mine last month at Mission,  did the psa test ( additional 890) < in at about 9 am. finished by noon

Physical Examination
·                         Chest X-ray
·                         Urinalysis
·                         ABO and Rh Groups
·                         Complete Blood Count (CBC)
·                         SGOT, SGPT, Alkaline Phosphatase, Total Protein, Albumin, Globulin, Total Bilirubin,  Direct Bilirubin, Indirect Bilirubin, for Liver Function
·                         BUN and Creatinine for Kidney Function
·                         Cholesterol, Triglyceride, HDL and LDL for Lipid Profile
·                         Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS)
·                         Uric Acid for Gout Detection
·                         Electrocardiogram
·                         Stool Examination and Stool Occult Blood
·                         Dental Check-up

Pricing: 3,010 THB (including hospital restaurant’s voucher)

1/2 the price of international hospitals 

None of the hormone panels - depending on ones age I would say this is essential 

On 1/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, Psimbo said:

Here's a scan of the Mission pamphlet for the over 50 program for men, other page shows the extras, like PSA, that can be done. Price says until end Dec 20 but its a sticker they put over last year's one so its unlikely the cost has changed.

They officially open at 0830 for these but you can get the tests done early and ahead of the queue (handy if you don't want to hold bodily fluids in any longer as well).

Bear in mind you need to fast  both food and fluids from midnite. 

miss3.jpg

Translation via Software + Google translate (accuracy 75% approx) :

2. Check for AIDS (Anti HIV) 420 baht 1,1

Program 5, special standards, Sai, age 50 and over

General health examination by doctor (Physical Examination), Chest X-ray.

3. Urinalysis

Blood group screening (ABO Group)

Blood type test (Rh Type)

Complete blood count (CBC) test

7. Liver Function Test (SGOT)

8. Liver Function Test (SGPT)

9. Liver Function (Total Protein)

10. Liver Function (Albumin)

'1. Check the liver function. Liver Function (Globulin)

12. Liver function test (ALKP)

1 3. Renal function check (BUN)

4. Kidney function check (Creatinine)

'5. Lipid Profile (Cholesterol) level check

'6. Lipid Profile (Triglyceride) lipid level check

'7. Lipid Profile (HDL) lipid level check

- 3. Blood lipid profile (LDL) check

- 1 T blood glucose check (FBS)

22. Uric Acid Check

2 '. Electrocardiogram (EKG) check

22. Stool Exam

23. Stool Examination (Stool Occult Blood)

24. Basic dental examination

Dental Check up)

25. Food

3,010 Baht

'Please do not take food or drink at least 8 hours before the check-up. Do not take food or drink 8 hrs.before the Check-up.

Additional recommended programs

Rashua,. And autoimmune Hepatitis B virus (HBsAG.Anti HBs) 555 baht.

3. Thyroid test (FT3, FT4, TSH) 990 Bath 11

4. IAFP liver test) 525 baht

5.Samreng Tai Yai (CEA) inspection, 460 baht

6.Detect the 'ripe gland' (PSA) 832 baht

7 Hy) siiTTi? 4ihn% iftflflPK3 £ rot * Thin Prep 1160 baht.

Advice

1. Promotion Department No. 2-6, please do not drink water and food 8-1 2 hours before the morning check.

2. Ri „- Riri., The annual health survey is a health screening.

Ri; ri f r.h '' a You have an abnormal result from the standard `` Ri '. Ri-ya may suggest' guide 'to' you, check 1 love 'to the doctor. 1 another way In addition, you may be required to pay for raft 1, drug and service fees in addition to the price according to the examination program.

3. All programs should be examined in the morning.

4. The hospital reserves the right to change each detail ® Without prior notice

Nimes program results from 1 January - 31 December 2020

Valid from 1 January - 31 December 2020

Balmisson Hospital Phuket

• 1 month later...

This Subject prompted me to yesterday get a basic 3k baht health check at Siriroj ( Central).

Dibuk does not do. BDMS Bkk Phuket & Mission do the 3k basic checks too .......

Previously did the discounted yearly full two day 40k pkgs with Brain MRI, Heart CAT etc. ,

but if 3k checks show no indicators for further supplemental tests ( my case) then no need......