Online queue compulsory for visa extension

Online queue compulsory for visa extension

By The Nation

800_a95b8add99b6e51.jpg?v=1611479560

The Immigration Bureau has urged people to make an online queue for visa extension due to the virus and apply before January 29.

Applicants who require visa service, such as foreigners who have stayed in the Kingdom for over 90 days and tourists who needs short-term visa extension service for Tourist visa (TR 60) and Special Tourist Visa (STV) are urged to join the online queue before the service date.

The move is aimed at conforming with the government's policy on precautionary measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19, by reducing overcrowding, maintaining social distancing and facilitating customer service.

An applicant can make an online queue reservation for a pre-service appointment at www.bangkokimmigration.com and follow these steps:

▪︎Fill in all required information.

▪︎Wait for an email reply.

▪︎Print out a confirmation document from email.

▪︎Submit the documents for visa extension on the appointment date and time.

However, services for a walk-in queue are still available at Muang Thong Thani Temporary Service Centre on the official working date and time.

Short-term visa extension service at counter K will provide service only to online queue applicants.

In order to reduce overcrowding amid the pandemic, an applicant can make an online queue reservation for pre-service appointment and follow the steps below:

▪︎Fill in all required information

▪︎Wait for an email reply

▪︎Print out a confirmation document from email and ▪︎Prepare all required documents

▪︎Submit an application for visa extension 1-2 weeks before the visa expiry date.

In the case of visa extension due to Covid-19, the application must be submitted before January 29.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401731

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-25

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gee Bangkok said:

Does anyone know how long does it take  to get the email from them in return? 

Check spam or promotions folder. email comes from [email protected] so looks like some sort of vertical marketing scheme. bizpotential is the developer.

Should show up quite quickly.

Bring a hard-copy print-out of the appointment.

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sounds like this is only for Bangkok

That seems right. When entering the queue system, an explanation shows up. Paragraph 3 says: "It’s an online appointment queue reservation for foreigners who will come to be served at Immigration division 1 only. Immigration division 1 is responsible for providing services for foreigners who reside in Bangkok only."

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

2 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

I've made my online appointment for a visa extension 3 weeks ago @ CW. . Still not received an email. 

Thanks for any help 

Gee

Don't want to state the obvious but have you checked your junk email?

Appointment confirmation normally takes a few minutes/hours, rarely the next day, if you've not had one after 3 weeks than you might want to call them or consider making another appointment. 

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

This for tr visa is only for almost expiring visas? Ive been in thailand for only 17 days. Can i get mine extended? Or best to wait

You can extend your permission to stay up to 45 days before it expires (I'm assuming your office is CW/MTT as this whole thread is only about Bangkok), but if I were you I would leave it until after the 29th Jan (lots of people were extended to this date as part of the "Amnesty" so probably be busier than usual around about then) rush dies down. 

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sounds like this is only for Bangkok, I'm supposed to do a 90 day report very soon but I'm in Hua Hin.

Did mine here last week at Blueport. Walked in, took a number and never even made it to a chair before the chime went. In and out in about four minutes.........:thumbsup:.................( sit back now, and wait for the sexual insinuations....:whistling:)

Well an obvious way to avoid the crowds at Chaeng Watthana would be to put all those displayed queue numbers online.

Then we could disperse downstairs. Go get food, sit in a coffee shop or even have a massage. Or in extreme waits go home and come back!

It's unnecessary to sit in those crowded rooms waiting sometimes hours for your queue number.

1 minute ago, newnative said:

Another bad, misleading headline.

Agreed.

Urged does not equal compulsory. But who knows what they really mean?

Editor does not udenrstand the meaning of "compulsory", and thought they were sound 'fancy'?

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Urged does not equal compulsory. But who knows what they really mean?

Nowhere in the appointment link does it say 'compulsory.'

But does say walk-in queue appointment is available.

The Nation might think about the consequence of violating the Computer Act by making false headlines.

25 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Did mine here last week at Blueport. Walked in, took a number and never even made it to a chair before the chime went. In and out in about four minutes.........:thumbsup:.................( sit back now, and wait for the sexual insinuations....:whistling:)

same here.  this ridiculous queue thing is only for Bkk.  Thank goodness I dont live there!  

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sounds like this is only for Bangkok, I'm supposed to do a 90 day report very soon but I'm in Hua Hin.

Correct sounds more like the main immigration offices in Bangkok, regional offices should be okay.

I needed to ask the immigration people whether re-entry stamp can still be gotten at the airport so i called 1178 immigration's chat line, and lo and be hold, someone actually answers almost immediately, on a Sunday mind you, and was able to say that yes, re-entry stamps can still available a the airport, Kudos to you all Thailand immigration guys...

18 minutes ago, stigar said:

Im going to bangkok 21st march..we get VOA for 45 days now(norway)I paid allereadt 39.000 bath for qarantine hote..11.000 for covid-incurance..Anyway irs so mych paperworks that migth delete my trip.

You will be getting a 45 day visa exempt entry not a VOA. A Visa On Arrival is only for 15 days and is only available for those from 21 countries and it is not available at all at this time.

I have often wondered how many people line up for a VOA and get told they have to go to the normal immigration arrivals line to get a visa exempt entry.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will be getting a 45 day visa exempt entry not a VOA. A Visa On Arrival is only for 15 days and is only available for those from 21 countries and it is not available at all at this time.

I have often wondered how many people line up for a VOA and get told they have to go to the normal immigration arrivals line to get a visa exempt entry.

Ur rigth.But my embassy in norway told me that i dont need a visa from the.Just arrive with the papaers that they required.Anyway i dont take a chance.

3 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

I've made my online appointment for a visa extension 3 weeks ago @ CW. . Still not received an email. 

Thanks for any help 

Gee

Did you check your spam folder, boss?

39 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I needed to ask the immigration people whether re-entry stamp can still be gotten at the airport so i called 1178 immigration's chat line, and lo and be hold, someone actually answers almost immediately, on a Sunday mind you, and was able to say that yes, re-entry stamps can still available a the airport, Kudos to you all Thailand immigration guys...

Just to be clear though, you do need to have a same-day international departure.

Seen reports of some folks sauntering out to SBIA/BKK to get a re-entry permit for future use - hoping to avoid CW, only to be turned away.

Yes, you can get a re-entry permit for future use at your local serving Immigration office.

Just got off the phone to Phuket immigration office. They told us that you have to go in person to get a queue number, then return in most likely 2 days as they so busy. 

Called Hatyai immigration office too who said can come anytime and not need appointment 

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

Think you’re probably right. I’m also in Hua Hin, and went to the main immigration office 2 weeks ago, without an appointment, to renew visa by way of marriage. Only 2 other applicants there at 10am. As another poster mentioned, if you are close enough, the one stop office in the basement at Bluport mall, is a doddle.

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Yes it's nice living out in "the sticks," it's the same in Pattaya for any immigration service...easy peasy, including retirement extensions, with no appointment necessary.

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

I would say you're correct. I need an extension to my 12 month O/A visa which would seem not to be covered in this, but I will just turn up and take a ticket as usual anyway (only a 10 minute drive). 

Archived