Online queue compulsory for visa extension

5 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

I've made my online appointment for a visa extension 3 weeks ago @ CW. . Still not received an email. 

Does anyone know how long does it take  to get the email from them in return? 

Thanks for any help 

Gee

You are perfectly right, online appointment doesn't work as explained on the main article, you will mostly not get anything into your mailbox in return.
What you will need to do when your online booking is completed and registered its to print it. (Screen Capture)
You can do that under Chrome extension called "GoFullPage - Full Page Screen Capture" and then forward the screen shot to your mobile LINE account (Keep Memo), then present the screen shot on your booking date at the immigration Desk Counter.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

I've made my online appointment for a visa extension 3 weeks ago @ CW. . Still not received an email. 

Thanks for any help 

Gee

90 days!!!5555????????????????????????????????

5 minutes ago, JamesBird said:

You are perfectly right, online appointment doesn't work as explained on the main article, you will mostly not get anything into your mailbox in return.

Did you check your spam folder as mentioned earlier in this topic.

3 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Well an obvious way to avoid the crowds at Chaeng Watthana would be to put all those displayed queue numbers online.

Then we could disperse downstairs. Go get food, sit in a coffee shop or even have a massage. Or in extreme waits go home and come back!

It's unnecessary to sit in those crowded rooms waiting sometimes hours for your queue number.

Well done. I've been saying that for years

6 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

Thanks for any help 

Gee

I never got one. Just make a screen print and go there. 

32 minutes ago, Gee Bangkok said:

Thanks for the help... 

Found the email 

Cheers

yes...many kind people on this forum  .Many of them living in pattaya or Isaan bottom ...and dont know anything about this country but for bar chatters....pages and pages , for informations:????

have a good day

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Did mine here last week at Blueport. Walked in, took a number and never even made it to a chair before the chime went. In and out in about four minutes.........:thumbsup:.................( sit back now, and wait for the sexual insinuations....:whistling:)

Cheer up, you are beating me by 2-3 minutes.

As far as I’m concerned the immigration website has never worked properly whether you want to do the 90 days report or else since they seem to use some outdated browser, I have to go to CW each and every time once I get there I get sent to another place not particularly easy to find either.  When I finally get there. I keep asking the officers why don’t they use a browser that works for everyone just so to reduce their workload hence preventing people from going to their offices, needless to say I never get an answer, just ignored, no joy ever with these people ????

Now Imagine if and how this is going to work now,  they never reply an email not to mention giving any sort information out to you whether it’s correct or not it’s entirely a different story  ????????‍♂️

A Bangkok thing, right? My extension is up for renewal in March but I don't live in Bangkok.To be honest, I could do without these constant flip-flops, at 65 I need some stability in my life - yeah, you need a covid test, yeah you have to book for your visa extension, give me a break. Isn't the millions of baht I've spent here already good enough, apparently not. 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you check your spam folder as mentioned earlier in this topic.

Yes Sir, every time, spam fold included, not a single email in return, same happened for some who did the online queue reservation for a pre-service appointment and wait in vain according to their messages in this post... Also i understood "It might be" an error when registering a wrong email address or the email server (both sides) is setup on high security considering a denial for being part of a botnet–network...  I’m not an expert, so i just used the screen shot solution to fix that problem.
Best JB.

9 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Well an obvious way to avoid the crowds at Chaeng Watthana would be to put all those displayed queue numbers online.

Then we could disperse downstairs. Go get food, sit in a coffee shop or even have a massage. Or in extreme waits go home and come back!

It's unnecessary to sit in those crowded rooms waiting sometimes hours for your queue number.

You can already do that. Your queue number has a QR code on it. You can scan it to see what number the queue is at from the coffee shops downstairs.

Two words of warning though:
1. Queue number might be ahead of what the qr code scan tells you when they're going fast

2. you might get a "service not available, return to the office" message when it's not working (first time I saw this qr code thing and tried using it, was like that, but next time worked pretty well).

IMG_1519.jpg

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Online queue compulsory for visa extension

By The Nation

800_a95b8add99b6e51.jpg?v=1611479560

The Immigration Bureau has urged people to make an online queue for visa extension due to the virus and apply before January 29.

Applicants who require visa service, such as foreigners who have stayed in the Kingdom for over 90 days and tourists who needs short-term visa extension service for Tourist visa (TR 60) and Special Tourist Visa (STV) are urged to join the online queue before the service date.

The move is aimed at conforming with the government's policy on precautionary measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19, by reducing overcrowding, maintaining social distancing and facilitating customer service.

An applicant can make an online queue reservation for a pre-service appointment at www.bangkokimmigration.com and follow these steps:

▪︎Fill in all required information.

▪︎Wait for an email reply.

▪︎Print out a confirmation document from email.

▪︎Submit the documents for visa extension on the appointment date and time.

However, services for a walk-in queue are still available at Muang Thong Thani Temporary Service Centre on the official working date and time.

Short-term visa extension service at counter K will provide service only to online queue applicants.

In order to reduce overcrowding amid the pandemic, an applicant can make an online queue reservation for pre-service appointment and follow the steps below:

▪︎Fill in all required information

▪︎Wait for an email reply

▪︎Print out a confirmation document from email and ▪︎Prepare all required documents

▪︎Submit an application for visa extension 1-2 weeks before the visa expiry date.

In the case of visa extension due to Covid-19, the application must be submitted before January 29.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401731

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-25

Submit an application for visa extension 1-2 weeks before the visa expiry date
In the case of visa extension due to Covid-19, the application must be submitted before January 29.

?????????? And this information goes out on the 25'th - 4 days before recommended date for the application ?  Thai efficiency !!!

10 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes it's nice living out in "the sticks," it's the same in Pattaya for any immigration service...easy peasy, including retirement extensions, with no appointment necessary.

10 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I would say you're correct. I need an extension to my 12 month O/A visa which would seem not to be covered in this, but I will just turn up and take a ticket as usual anyway (only a 10 minute drive). 

I live in the sticks, 2 hours drive each way to and from immigration with hours at the office each time ... and my officer requires 3 visits for a marriage extension.
• FIRST VISIT is to physically present oneself TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. During that first visit documents are reviewed. (Even IF everything is in order, including bank certification and all photocopies, they will not be accepted.) Come back again when an appointment is granted on the officer's calendar. Get new bank certification, get new Kor Roh 2 marriage document within the date usable for the new appointment. (No, the IO will NOT answer their phone.)
• SECOND TRIP go through each document again, a return trip set for 30 days later after the marriage documents are reviewed and returned. Ideally the second trip appointment is earlier than 30 days before the expiration of the prior extension. If not, the officer does provide a temporary extension to cover those 30 days. The first trip should be done BEFORE the 45 day window, but I've no knowledge of how long before would be agreeable for making the appointment. Catch-22 if I show up too early, I can hear the IO chastising me for my presumptuousness now. 
• THIRD TRIP to have the stamp added to your passport. DON'T attempt to arrive earlier than those 30 days, don't even attempt to arrive in the AM for a PM assigned appointment (my error last year.) This is all rather nerve racking because a traffic accident, illness, whatever... means your extension in your passport has expired.

PS My step daughter drives and my wife accompanies me on these annual episodes, so 3 days effort for each of us... to an office that still has a waiting room with the 90-day report line and other people making appointments.

34 minutes ago, RPCVguy said:

I live in the sticks, 2 hours drive each way to and from immigration with hours at the office each time ... and my officer requires 3 visits for a marriage extension.
• FIRST VISIT is to physically present oneself TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. During that first visit documents are reviewed. (Even IF everything is in order, including bank certification and all photocopies, they will not be accepted.) Come back again when an appointment is granted on the officer's calendar. Get new bank certification, get new Kor Roh 2 marriage document within the date usable for the new appointment. (No, the IO will NOT answer their phone.)
• SECOND TRIP go through each document again, a return trip set for 30 days later after the marriage documents are reviewed and returned. Ideally the second trip appointment is earlier than 30 days before the expiration of the prior extension. If not, the officer does provide a temporary extension to cover those 30 days. The first trip should be done BEFORE the 45 day window, but I've no knowledge of how long before would be agreeable for making the appointment. Catch-22 if I show up too early, I can hear the IO chastising me for my presumptuousness now. 
• THIRD TRIP to have the stamp added to your passport. DON'T attempt to arrive earlier than those 30 days, don't even attempt to arrive in the AM for a PM assigned appointment (my error last year.) This is all rather nerve racking because a traffic accident, illness, whatever... means your extension in your passport has expired.

PS My step daughter drives and my wife accompanies me on these annual episodes, so 3 days effort for each of us... to an office that still has a waiting room with the 90-day report line and other people making appointments.

Obviously the wrong flats...maybe consider Pattaya or Hua Hin.

The VISA section don't give two flying sh*tes .... I spent many an hour outside the 2nd office in Bangkok treated like a soi  dog...

They then billed me for a free VISA, criminals of the highest order...800 Bhat - not a ball breaker but the true face of immigration shone through as it always will....

39 minutes ago, RPCVguy said:

Utterly shocking. 

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

40 minutes ago, RPCVguy said:

I gave up, moved to another country - many are doing the same... treated so badly - I just had enough, I'll take my money elsewhere...

23 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sounds like this is only for Bangkok, I'm supposed to do a 90 day report very soon but I'm in Hua Hin.

No need to go to Immigration for 90 days report. You can report online or by registered mail with return stemped envelope

90 day report in Chiang Mai last week mid-afternoon at the drive-up window. Only one car ahead which quickly finished and drove off. I set the timer on my phone and eased up to the window with passport and TM47 at the ready. Wait for it... Less than 60 seconds later, done and gone. Fastest (and friendliest) drive-through service in the LOS ???? 

On 1/25/2021 at 10:14 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

On 1/25/2021 at 10:18 PM, Speedhump said:

Utterly shocking. 

On 1/25/2021 at 10:19 PM, KateSpade said:

I gave up, moved to another country - many are doing the same... treated so badly - I just had enough, I'll take my money elsewhere...

Three understandable responses noted, and my 4th. I've lived and loved in several places - coastal, inland, city and suburban, but this rural home has held me longer and kept me happier than any of the rest. This is my wife's hometown and the family knit life here is strong, caring and supportive. I love the quiet that is usually the case in our neighborhood, and it's wonderful to eat the mango, avocado, longkong, etc... assorted fruit from the trees we planted over a dozen years ago that surround and now shade our home.
The foibles of one IO are a definite stress, inconvenience, pain in... , but the pluses in my life outweigh that hassle (and maybe the IO will switch posts and get someone willing to shift procedures more like is done in some of the busier offices.) That last phrase may be the difference. One way or another each officer must always be verifiably overwhelmed in paper work.

Archived