Online queue compulsory for visa extension

3 hours ago, RPCVguy said:

I love the quiet that is usually the case in our neighborhood, and it's wonderful to eat the mango, avocado, longkong, etc... assorted fruit from the trees we planted over a dozen years ago that surround and now shade our home.

Sounds idyllic and your happiness is all that counts ????

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for NON-O extensions?

I see no option in the drop down box for NON-O extensions.... am I missing something obvious?

As it appears that an online appointment is not offered for NON-O (L counter at the Cheangwattana government complex).

Attach screen capture from the online ticket booking website here...

IMMIGRATION ONLINE drop down options for purpose of visit.jpg

5 hours ago, OishiRefill said:

Not for NON-O extensions?

I see no option in the drop down box for NON-O extensions.... am I missing something obvious?

As it appears that an online appointment is not offered for NON-O (L counter at the Cheangwattana government complex).

Attach screen capture from the online ticket booking website here...

IMMIGRATION ONLINE drop down options for purpose of visit.jpg

Isn’t it the 1st one “Extension Visa for Retirement (L1-32)” 

Desks L(IIRC 29-32) are where I’ve always done this 

5 hours ago, OishiRefill said:

On what basis are you applying for the extension of stay.

Retirement is the first one.

There are no appointments for one based upon marriage or being the parent of a Thai.

46 minutes ago, OishiRefill said:

Mine is connected to family. Many thanks for the replies. I understand now that I should take a queue ticket in person. 

When I've been sat waiting for my Non-Imm O "Retirement" extension I've chatted with a few guys who have been extending based on Family/Marriage as we waited around the same area ("Desk L") & IIRC they seemed to have been "Processed" around Desks L20 - L28 but I can see your point in that there doesn't seem to be an option to book an online appointment for an extension of a Non-Imm O "Marriage"... 

Maybe a call to the Immigration hotline will help save you a trip to CW if it's just to get an appointment... Lord knows it's a ballache to get there... 

• 3 weeks later...

If I make an online booking for a certain time - what happens when I show up? 

Do they actually have 2 queues in CW, the walk-in queue and the queue for people who booked a time? 

Is it faster with an online booking? 

Do I have to print out the booking confirmation on paper?

19 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Do they actually have 2 queues in CW, the walk-in queue and the queue for people who booked a time? 

Is it faster with an online booking? 

Do I have to print out the booking confirmation on paper?

When you have an appointment you go directly to the desk that it is for.

Yes it is faster.

You need to print out the email confirmation that they send you. If you don't get the email quickly check your spam and promotions folder for it.

Archived