Trump administration had no coronavirus vaccine distribution plan - White House

webfact

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The really frightening thing, and something that would stop me visiting the USA again, is that 70 million people like him and wanted to give him a second term in office. Truly shocking.

But most people realize that they are children with guns.

Venus on the half shell was a great book, by KT or was it KV jr?

18 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Because they are followers of a doomsday cult. It is really the only way I can thin to explain it. The dear leader can never do or be wrong. The rest of the world is wrong DT must always be right. They truly believe he is the only one that can save them from the doom scenarios that he has created for them.

Intriguing suggestion...

To expand it further I would suggest that embracing the full "package" (not just ex-pres Trump)confers on the possessor feelings of grandiosity and superiority as they are way above the common herd or the "sheep" as they like to say and are in proud possession of alternative "facts" as purveyed by paleo-conservative internet sites.

But this is not an original phenomenon as right wing Christians AND American "libertarians" have been doing it for years and whilst it is something of an American phenomenon I have met plenty of Australians who espouse this form of alternate intellectual universe.

• Thanks 1

Trump did not drain the swamp, He also did not get the wall finished, and the Americans have paid every cent so far on what was built.  Trump could not even be adult enough to lose like a man, only like a 4 year old, he took his bucket and got his own send off else where. I wonder if the mob that raided the capital building, showed up at his boom boom send off. I am happy , not to have to hear any more of his endless lies.

I was happy to see that many of his supporters now have their images on pictures with the FBI and CIA and other law enforcement agencies, so they can be rounded up a lot easier at the next disturbance.  Maybe in the future, the government will pay a call to many of the extremist group club houses and close them down,  then sell off the buildings and contents.  Oops, guess I am just dreaming.

Geezer

• Like 2

On 1/24/2021 at 7:31 PM, simple1 said:

From the OP...

Biden plans to partner with state and local governments to establish vaccination spots in conference centers, stadiums and gymnasiums. The new administration will also deploy thousands of clinical staff from federal agencies, military medical personnel and pharmacy chains to increase vaccinations, and make teachers and grocery clerks eligible.

Fake news, here in Florida the vaccine has been going out for weeks to emergency personnel. Most have been stuck with the first (if they chose, not mandatory), some with the second shot.  Another program has been vaccinating the assisted living facilities, last estimate is over 80 % have been vaccinated. As of last two weeks, they started opening the portal to 65 and older. They announce the date the portal will open by both web site and phone. First come first served. Publics grocery stores are also doing the same. I missed out last week but got on today at noon when the county health department opened two dates for shots. Get my first shot Thursday evening at 15:00 and second shot February 18. Publics site will open again at 05:00 in the morning. Both run it just like you go on line for a concert ticket, depends on how many people or in front of you. Actually, the same program, looks like you are buying a ticket.

Florida was having a large influx of people from the north east and even overseas come to get the shot because the program is running so well. So, the Governor issued a policy last week making it for Florida resident only, so you have to prove you actually live in Florida. The reason being is the counties get an allotted % based on population of that county. Where you get your first shot you have to go to for the second. The Veterans hospitals are going to start with elderly veterans possibly in two weeks after they have all their staff finished.

You can only give out the vaccine as the drug companies produce it.  Running very well here in North West Florida and the rest of Florida.

• Live Events 2
  • Past Events 10

COVID-19 Vaccinations - January 27, 2021 & February  17, 2021
Sold Out
Florida Department of Health in Okaloosa County • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Save COVID-19 Vaccinations - January 27, 2021 & February 17, 2021 to your collection.

COVID-19 Vaccinations - January 28, 2021 & February  18, 2021
Sold Out
Save COVID-19 Vaccinations - January 28, 2021 & February 18, 2021 to your collection.
Contact the Organizer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My personal experience passing through the Pan Handle was getting pulled over by Highway patrol in the middle of the night. The officer told me how lucky I was that it was him and not any other officer as I was a "long hair' and they jail the likes of my kind. I was told to pull into a camping ground where hours later the Black Bears awoke me and and I ran from Texas and never went near again. LOL

Texas is not in the Pan Handle. The so-called Pan Handle is North West Florida. You could have spiced it up a little more like. I told that State Trooper I would get out of this car an kick his A##. Make it sound a little more manly manly,  got any more!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Out of curtesy I'll reply, usually will not do so when a member 'claims trump like comments such as "fake news".

The quote from Biden admin I [posted applies to the entire US, not just location/s in Florida which if correct sound as through excellent funding and supply chain in-place. Remember trump was always attacking multinationals and the global supply chain - thankfully he's quiet with his BS for the moment.

The point being there was a supply system in place before Biden took office.  Proof by my post from the county site. You will see this was the 11 and 12 time this had been run already over the last several weeks. Some states in the North East did screw it up. One city in particular had 1000s of vials go bad because they set up such terrible government bureaucracy it did not work. So yes, some states as usual screwed it up because that’s just the way their elected officials run their state. You can’t fix stupid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ExpatOK said:

Trump saved millions of lives by an early travel ban and Operation Warp Speed.

As far as the travel ban is concerned, he did not. First off, the travel ban was only imposed on China. He waited another 40 days to impose the ban on Europe and another 4 to impose the ban on the UK and Ireland (Oddly enough, he has golf resorts in both the UK and Ireland). The version of the virus that raged on the East Coast came from Europe. Clearly, Trump was using the ban to make a political statement laying the blame on China. Whatever the truth of that is, it has nothing to do with controlling the the spread of the pandemic. There are other problems with your assertion, too, but this one is all that's needed to reveal its essential falsity.

As for operation Warp Speed, do you truly believe that a full speed vaccine program wouldn't have been launched by any other occupant of the White House? Given that vaccines have been around for about 200 years (actually a lot longer but let's start with Jenner) what is there about launching a vaccine program that isn't obvious. In fact, the program wasn't launched until late April. Remember when Trump accused the Democrats of creating a hoax by exaggerating the threat posed by Covid-19? That belief probably helps explain the delay. 

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What Fauci said was "“No, I mean we’re coming in with fresh ideas, but also some ideas with the, with the previous administration, you can’t say it was absolutely not usable at all. So, we are continuing but you're going to see a real ramping up of it.”

"Absolutely not usable at all." That sets a pretty low bar. So, it's true that there wasn't anything. It's just that there just wasn't much.

No - he debunked it. It's a lie.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Not too impressed with her excuse for not having spoken out more.

"... I didn't know what all of the consequences of all these issues would be. ..."

The consequences of worrying about your own butt is a national death toll that's far, far higher than it should be. If Fauci saw himself as the 'skunk at the picnic' what was Birx? The turd in the swimming pool?

46 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

This report has been debunked. Fauci himsellf:

He didn't debunk anything other point out the failures of the previous administration.  This fact is widely being reported.  In the better media outlets anyway...

Well the Trump administration with allegedly no plan ramped up the numbers from zero to about 900k vaccines a day in just over a month.

Now the "adults" are in charge and Biden has a ''super plan" in place he is committing to increasing all the way up to 1 million a day over 100 days.

Can you imagine how the media would react to such a pathetic commitment from Trump?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Biden ran on Trumps supposed miss management of the pandemic and how he would turn things around.

Now elected: ''There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months'

LOL, if only he had a vaccine available.

And the MSM, silence.........

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2