Trump administration had no coronavirus vaccine distribution plan - White House

webfact

On 1/26/2021 at 8:41 AM, RANGER55 said:

Texas is not in the Pan Handle. The so-called Pan Handle is North West Florida. You could have spiced it up a little more like. I told that State Trooper I would get out of this car an kick his A##. Make it sound a little more manly manly,  got any more!!!!

One of my favorite groups I use to watch in SF Bay Area music scene was "Asleep at the Wheel"

Mind you  can probably recognize... LOL

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=pan+handel+of+texas&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Despite the grumbling on this topic thread, it now seems that vaccination in the US is going effectively. Of my immediate family, friends and acquaintances back in the US, all but one of them has already got at least the first shot. Their situation will soon be better than mine in Thailand, where apparently I will need to wait until the end of 2022 or later to get a Covid vaccine shot.

Edited by John Drake

12 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Despite the grumbling on this topic thread, it now seems that vaccination in the US is going effectively. Of my immediate family, friends and acquaintances back in the US, all but one of them has already got at least the first shot. Their situation will soon be better than mine in Thailand, where apparently I will need to wait until the end of 2022 or later to get a Covid vaccine shot.

You have a very unusual family and very unusual friends and acquaintances. Here are the totals through Jan 29, 2021

Tracking COVID-19 vaccine distribution by state: How many people have been vaccinated in the US?

About 6.9% of people in the US have received at least one COVID-19 shot. About 1.4% of people have received both doses of the vaccine.
About 43.3% of the shots distributed haven't been used yet.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2021/01/14/covid-vaccine-distribution-by-state-how-many-covid-vaccines-have-been-given-in-us-how-many-people/6599531002/

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

You have a very unusual family, friends and acquaintances. Here are the totals through Jan 29, 2021

Well, what they are doing is taking the initiative. In most cases what has happened is that younger people who are actually outside the current age limits are taking older people for the shots. While there, the vaccination centers even with their reservations are going ahead and distributing shots to everyone who came in with the older person.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Well, what they are doing is taking the initiative. In most cases what has happened is that younger people who are actually outside the current age limits are taking older people for the shots. While there, the vaccination centers even with their reservations are going ahead and distributing shots to everyone who came in with the older person.

Smart roll out.

image.png.264ee5e9da8abce63cc582f0acf1be7f.png

Really? So no appointments are required? People just showing up to get there shots and anybody tagging along can get them too?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect.html

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine

And if they run out of vaccine for the people who had appointments to get it?

Please. 

Edited by placeholder

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

image.png.264ee5e9da8abce63cc582f0acf1be7f.png

Really? So no appointments are required? People just showing up to get there shots and anybody tagging along can get them too?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect.html

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine

And if they run out of vaccine for the people who had appointments to get it?

Please. 

A reasonable assumption would be that they have their daily bookings and have some spare doses...

On 1/25/2021 at 8:20 AM, ChakaKhan said:

Hate is a hell of a drug.....also weak minds are easily misled...

Pretty obvious to anyone with an iota of common sense to see that, yes, Trump is hated by a very large section of the world population and also a complete idiot.

16 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

A reasonable assumption would be that they have their daily bookings and have some spare doses...

That would be reasonable? Because there are doses to spare? And if it were known that there were doses to spare, lots of people wouldn't show up? Nonsense.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

That would be reasonable? Because there are doses to spare? And if it were known that there were doses to spare, lots of people wouldn't show up? Nonsense.

The doses are shipped in bulk and are repackaged for a days dispensation, what is so hard for you to comprehend ?

1 minute ago, HighPriority said:

The doses are shipped in bulk and are repackaged for a days dispensation, what is so hard for you to comprehend ?

What is how it's shipped or how doses are prepared for the day got to do with anything. Can clinics just order more when they are running low? That there's a plentiful supply? You think that's how it works?  It's done by appointment for a reason. And maybe you think they got a lot left over to hand out?  Do you believe that the demand doesn't exceed the supply? That health agencies are going to risk running out of vaccine for high priority persons in order to vaccinate friends, acquaintances, and family members who just happen to show up at a clinic?

On 1/25/2021 at 1:02 PM, J Town said:

A few years back I drove from Texas to Florida. The frightening, backwards, inbred folks I saw is a dark stain on the US. There were restaurants that were clearly "blacks on this side, whites on the other." It wasn't everywhere, but it was too prevalent and clearly in plain sight.

The GOOD thing is whites are soon to be the biggest minority in the US. Look at the Democratic Senate, Congress. Look at Biden's cabinet. THAT'S what America is becoming.

How did you determine they were inbred?

BTW, were there restaurants that put inbreds on one side and non inbreds on the other?

On 1/25/2021 at 1:02 AM, J Town said:

A few years back I drove from Texas to Florida. The frightening, backwards, inbred folks I saw is a dark stain on the US. There were restaurants that were clearly "blacks on this side, whites on the other." It wasn't everywhere, but it was too prevalent and clearly in plain sight.

The GOOD thing is whites are soon to be the biggest minority in the US. Look at the Democratic Senate, Congress. Look at Biden's cabinet. THAT'S what America is becoming.

Do you think there is no segregation of cities, neighborhoods, and businesses in the US outside of these southern states?  Have you never been to a prosperous area in the blue state of California and heard the people working in car washes dismissed as "only a bunch of wetbacks"?  Have you noticed where the right-wingnuts are forming militias and sometimes seizing federal land?

Racism is a serious problem in the US, but it is not limited to the southern states.

8 hours ago, Scott said:

I don't think this is exactly true.  I am personally aware of a number of people who have taken older people to get their shot and they were not vaccinated and were not offered a vaccination.   Right now, the vaccine is in short supply.

The situation of excess doses has been an issue.   If the facility prepares a certain number of doses and not everyone shows up for their shot, they have to decide what to do with it.  In a few cases, the excess doses have been thrown away to the consternation of many.  In most cases, it is given to otherwise not-yet-eligible people.   That has caused problems because people have complained of favoritism.  

There was a situation where there were excess doses and they were given to family members of first responders.  

@placeholder please read the above as I can’t be bothered dealing with your puerile attempts at denialism any longer.

My only other comment to you and your kind is that he lost, and he will be shamefully remembered by history as a national disgrace for his general lack of ethics and leadership in a time of need.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, HighPriority said:

@placeholder please read the above as I can’t be bothered dealing with your puerile attempts at denialism any longer.

My only other comment to you and your kind is that he lost, and he will be shamefully remembered by history as a national disgrace for his general lack of ethics and leadership in a time of need.

I have no idea what the denialism is that you ascribe to me. As far as I can tell, Scott's post and mine are substantially in agreement. Namely, that JohnDrake's claim is dubious.

• Like 1