Travellers already vaccinated must still undergo quarantine [Cambodia]

geovalin

A Ministry of Health official confirmed today that travellers who have already been vaccinated against COVID-19 must still undergo quarantine when they enter Cambodia.

Or Vandine, ministry spokeswoman, told reporters via telegram that both Cambodians and foreigners who enter the country must adhere to the ministry’s health measures and quarantine for 14 days, regardless if they have been vaccinated. “This is to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Cambodia.”

The ministry clarified this after the question was raised, as countries around the world begin vaccine rollouts. Meanwhile, the ministry announced today that four more COVID-19 patients have recovered and there have been no new infections.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50806374/travellers-already-vaccinated-must-still-undergo-quarantine/

39 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

What I have read is that after vaccination you can still get CV19 but it will be less severe. Many virologists say that you can also pass it on to others so these restrictions would seem to make sense. 

I don't think that is exactly true.  The vaccine prevents you from getting sick.  Even if it's a new strain that the vaccine doesn't directly target it will still most likely prevent you from getting really sick at a minimum and best case it will still work 100%.

You can still catch the virus if you are vaccinated but you will have a lower load of the virus and therefore be a less efficient spreader.  In other words, it won't be as contagious coming from vaccinated people.  You will also not be coughing and sneezing which also reduces the likelyhood of spreading it. So saying it spreads the same from vaccinated and unvaccinated people is probably not true.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, shdmn said:

I don't think that is exactly true.  The vaccine prevents you from getting sick.  Even if it's a new strain that the vaccine doesn't directly target it will still most likely prevent you from getting really sick at a minimum and best case it will still work 100%.

You can still catch the virus if you are vaccinated but you will have a lower load of the virus and therefore be a less efficient spreader.  In other words, it won't be as contagious coming from vaccinated people.  You will also not be coughing and sneezing which also reduces the likelyhood of spreading it. So saying it spreads the same from vaccinated and unvaccinated people is probably not true.

Not as contagious, but still contagious.  So what did you disagree with? 

On 1/25/2021 at 3:58 PM, biggles45 said:

What I have read is that after vaccination you can still get CV19 but it will be less severe. Many virologists say that you can also pass it on to others so these restrictions would seem to make sense. 

With cambodias proud record on human rights i,m sure it does.