Thai teacher pays 40k settlement after attacking student

webfact

Thai teacher pays 40k settlement after attacking student

4pm.jpg

Picture: Bright TV

Bright TV reported that a M1 boy aged 13 was smashed in the face by a PE teacher.

His crime?

Stepping on the foot of the teacher.

It happened at a well known school in the Hin Lek Fair sub-district of Khu Muang, Buriram in Thailand's north east.

The latest was that the mother of the boy had removed her complaint with Pol Capt Suriya Leenurat of the Hin Lek Fai police. 

Meanwhile Dr Kanokwan Vilawan, deputy education minister, said it with flowers.

She thought a bouquet was appropriate for a P1 (the first year of primary) student who was in hospital.

She let the hospital handle the matter on her behalf.

A local told the media that the mother of the M1 boy had accepted 40,000 baht to end the case. 

They said the teacher concerned had also attacked a P1 pupil.

He had also cracked a noodle bowl over the head of a local person, a case that was also dealt with by the police. 

This was settled when another person came along to say that the teacher concerned was "sick" and was undergoing treatment. 

Thailand has been beset by cases of violence against children in recent months.

Source: Bright TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-25

18 minutes ago, PatOngo said:
29 minutes ago, webfact said:

...and will continue to be until the authorities grow a pair and do something about it! Then again, maybe not, this is just part of the seriously dated culture that seems to accept such disgraceful behaviour!

It wouldn't happen all the time if many parents wouldn't let it happen or even encourage teachers to behave like that. It seems lots of parents "think" that's the way it should be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It wouldn't happen all the time if many parents wouldn't let it happen or even encourage teachers to behave like that. It seems lots of parents "think" that's the way it should be.

Cultural conditioning!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

...and will continue to be until the authorities grow a pair and do something about it! Then again, maybe not, this is just part of the seriously dated culture that seems to accept such disgraceful behaviour!

I agree.

I do however believe that “discipline” IS a part of the overall and larger educational process, I think it’s critical to spell out- painstakingly clearly exactly what is .. and is not allowed - so that everyone involved; parents, teachers/administrators and students, know what the possible consequences are.

That said, I am not a huge believer in the use of physical pain (ie hitting, etc) as either an acceptable means of punishment or for behavior modification. My father is a (retired) US Marine, and as such, my father - at that time - felt strongly that pain instills discipline and teaches lessons (ergo my childhood was littered with episodes of beatings)  today he’s taken a different tract.. i think we need to rethink how discipline is done in schools...

7 hours ago, webfact said:

A local told the media that the mother of the M1 boy had accepted 40,000 baht to end the case. 

They said the teacher concerned had also attacked a P1 pupil.

He had also cracked a noodle bowl over the head of a local person, a case that was also dealt with by the police.

Will be back in the classroom next week when schools re-open..... unless the director does the right thing and informs the teacher to stay home... permanently.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

there have been TONS and TONS of cases in recent DECADES (10 plus) but recently it is making the news.     

in China....almost nothing makes the news so it never happens.  doesn't mean it never happened.  but sheep then think it never happens....because sheep can't think