Vehicles emitting black smoke to face fine up to Bt5,000, department warns

webfact

I used to burn tyres on a log burning stove in the UK that emitted cleaner gunge than some of the vehicles here. Together with my 90% blacked out windows it can make it difficult to see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

How does a vehicle get its MOT/insurance cert. when it belches out smoke ?  Do they go to the nearest place that issues the certificates and say here is 1000 B if you don't test it.

Aftermarket ECUs have multiple tunes for different boost, injector flow rates, fuel rail settings. Select the lowest settings and you're good to go. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Agree if it gets retuned to sound rorty which could mean burning too much fuel , but what about Somchai in his battered 30 yo Toyota pickup the back of which is covered in soot , there are very many around up here , of course the vehicle may never get taxed or go for testing , I don't look for a tax cert. I just think " That should be off the road ".

Most 'Testing Stations' don't test; for a few Bucks they just take the Chassis Number and write out the document, i've seen it at first hand on several occasions !

If people cannot afford to get their vehicles serviced regularly to avoid the issue, how will they afford the fines?

Poor being penalised yet again.

Yes to problem of traffic pollution needs to be addressed, but there are other ways to address the issue.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, realfunster said:

To be fair, as best as I can remember, so were all the ones preceding it. 

I believe history shows that 3 months is the optimal timeframe to reference when claiming you will cure all problems in Thailand with traffic/pollution/education/corruption etc.

It makes you look like a really powerful and active leader and also gives the populace just enough time to completely forget about it....until the next blow up. Then rinse & repeat.

Yeh, but big joke was consistent....lol