Vehicles emitting black smoke to face fine up to Bt5,000, department warns

webfact

21 hours ago, WineOh said:

repeating the same old rhetoric time after time does not make it so.

What's the point in announcing these fines if there is nobody on the streets that will enforce them?

You're right, there isn't any point, except to create the (false) impression that the government is doing their job, which they are not.

Edited by Glaswegian2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

How does a vehicle get its MOT/insurance cert. when it belches out smoke ?  Do they go to the nearest place that issues the certificates and say here is 1000 B if you don't test it.

I took a very old car of mine to the nearest place, Knowing the rear brake cylinders were leaking and their performance was very low, one tyre down to the wear bar, i drove there very carefully, thinking I'll let them find whatever else was wrong with it before I spend money on fixing it as it may have not been worth repairing at 23yrs old. It was checked and passed in 10 min. Yes I have now done all repairs and have given it my own qualified full inspection.

20 hours ago, Suua said:

If there was a global league table for ineffective police forces.

Where do you think Thailand would rank?

I would guess within the top 10.

If it was for the most collected tea money for police forces, no prizes for guessing where Thailand would rank there.

21 hours ago, Suua said:

If there was a global league table for ineffective police forces.

Where do you think Thailand would rank?

I would guess within the top 10.

No doubt. I do not consider them to be law enforcement at all, but rather local franchisees. Of course, there are some decent cops here, and some have skills. Just not the majority! 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, transam said:

Blimey, that will be a nice little earner up my way, they can do the no crash hat, kids riding motorbikes, no lights on bikes and cars too whilst they're at it...

Just for a laugh, member "fresher", can you tell me what you found "confusing" about my above post.....????

On 1/25/2021 at 10:46 AM, toofarnorth said:

How does a vehicle get its MOT/insurance cert. when it belches out smoke ?  Do they go to the nearest place that issues the certificates and say here is 1000 B if you don't test it.

If I was one of the BiB in a car and I stopped a smoking vehicle I would want to see where it was tested and follow up . But of course I am not a BiB and that would involve work such as stopping 3 underage kids riding around on a Wave where none have a crash hat on.

That’s what would happen in a Western Country but this is Thailand, but on second thoughts they probably get the certificate in the first place.

11 hours ago, Toany said:

And what is the fine for this 

right : it will be another disobedience from the rich farmers in the north and february-april, Chiang mai will become the most pollued city in the world. The government cannot arrest all sugarcane farmers !!!

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

It is true, but until there is a different and economically viable option  there is very little that can be done other than eliminate rice production. 

There is a farmer down the road from me bought a cane harvester after he cuts the cane a couple of more people come in and rake and bale the leaves this is sold to power companies for biofuel. They have been using rice combines for a while the waste is bailed and sold I just bought some 40 bhat a bail. There are machines but for many they can't afford them but if the government was interested in actually doing something instead of buying submarines and aircraft carriers they could 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike k said:

There is a farmer down the road from me bought a cane harvester after he cuts the cane a couple of more people come in and rake and bale the leaves this is sold to power companies for biofuel. They have been using rice combines for a while the waste is bailed and sold I just bought some 40 bhat a bail. There are machines but for many they can't afford them but if the government was interested in actually doing something instead of buying submarines and aircraft carriers they could 

Yes indeed. I have read such is being done in Brazil with good outcomes, and the Thai government need to  look into it and develop a system that provides economic incentives for more people to engage in that. Here in Khon Kaen, it becomes unbearable between march and April.