New mattress too soft

clarky cat

After a few years of sleeping on a rock hard cheap mattress I decided to splash out on an expensive softer spring mattress

The rented place i'm living has said the current mattress has to be kept there as they have nowhere to store it, so i've put the new mattress on top of it

The new one is far too soft and i've woken up with joint pain all over my back. I tried putting the new mattress on the floor and it's a lot firmer, so the existing mattress underneath could be the main cause.

Is there any solution to this?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, madmen said:

You should have just bought a topper. No way to make a soft mattress firmer 

The joys of renting! 

I tried 3 different toppers over a 2-year period, all were useless because the mattress has no springs

Lotus companion I - 3000 baht

Cheap Lazada topper - 700 baht

King of Topper (Facebook page with 250k likes) 1300 baht 

None did the job, the lotus one I was able to sell and get some money back 

Nothing wrong with renting, I’m just a we’re all just guests in this country..

Put a couple of bits of plywood between the two mattresses to negate the action of the bottom one.

Or remove the wooden base of the bed and store the bottom mattress below the bed. Reassemble and put the new new mattress on the wooden base

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clarky cat said:

After a few years of sleeping on a rock hard cheap mattress I decided to splash out on an expensive softer spring mattress

The rented place i'm living has said the current mattress has to be kept there as they have nowhere to store it, so i've put the new mattress on top of it

The new one is far too soft and i've woken up with joint pain all over my back. I tried putting the new mattress on the floor and it's a lot firmer, so the existing mattress underneath could be the main cause.

Is there any solution to this?

I did the same. So you are not alone in doing that.

Bought the one they said is what they sell to the 5 star hotels. Delivered rolled up in a box. Weighs a ton!

Tried it in the shop, but really need a nights sleep on it for a proper test. Got a great discount on it, but wish I had gone for something just a little firmer.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Put a couple of bits of plywood between the two mattresses to negate the action of the bottom one.

Or remove the wooden base of the bed and store the bottom mattress below the bed. Reassemble and put the new new mattress on the wooden base

thanks, i'll look into these options