When the world opens up I'm thinking about going to Cebu for a week or two...Anyone been before?

Cebu island is definitely on the cards for my first post covid holiday.

Heard great things about it and would like to know more.

Anyone here ever been?

what to expect?

nice beaches, food, girls etc?

I've never been to the philippines before so any advice/suggestions would be great!

thanks.

(apologies if this is in the wrong forum). 

Edited by WineOh
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

loads of times, over many years.  Used to be nice, now just one more Philippines sxxt hole. Give it a try if you must.  Food is only just okay.  Girls, if I recall, pre my marriage,  are friendly, bea

Reading between the lines you should go to Angeles City for your first trip

Some basics. If you do get into an altercation with a Philippine man, or are getting robbed or harassed, unless you are a 6th degree sensei, do not fight back. An astonishing number of locals are well

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

loads of times, over many years.  Used to be nice, now just one more Philippines sxxt hole. Give it a try if you must.  Food is only just okay.  Girls, if I recall, pre my marriage,  are friendly, beautiful and knock Thai bar girls into a cocked hat and usually speak very good English. Watch your wallet and don't go out at night alone.  And if you think Thai Police are bad, you are in for a treat there. 

A rather murky picture you paint there mate 😄

anywhere else you recommend for a first timer? 

• WineOh changed the title to When the world opens up I'm thinking about going to Cebu for a week or two...Anyone been before?
2 minutes ago, WineOh said:

A rather murky picture you paint there mate 😄

anywhere else you recommend for a first timer? 

sorry, didn't mean to put you off.  No, do try it.  It is at least worth one visit and you may like it.  For me it would be Mindanao, but its very much a personal choice. If its night life you are after, maybe Subic and Angles City but I haven't been to either in many years.  Check out the Philippines Forums.  Very friendly people on there and they can give you up to date info. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

For me it would be Mindanao

isn't that the dangerous one that lonely planet etc advises against traveling to? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WineOh said:

isn't that the dangerous one that lonely planet etc advises against traveling to? 

yep, but great wind surfing .  🤣

the jihadist goings on over the past decades would be enough to keep me from going that far south...    (think Yala Province for a comparison) 

Found it more reassuring to just stay places like the Resorts overlooking the Taal Volcano lake... 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Feel I should add that when I go on holiday I like sun all day, plenty booze, white beaches with clear water and plenty willing females to cherry pick.

Also partial to a bit of culture here and there when the booze wears off...

Boracay? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

Boracay? 

is it nice than cebu?

I could always fly to cebu then get the bus up to there?

Just now, WineOh said:

is it nice than cebu?

I could always fly to cebu then get the bus up to there?

yes, but more hassle to get to. Its a beautiful Island, very tropical and exotic.  Not sure about the extent of the night life nowadays.