Marriage visa/extension - kor ror 2 inconvenience

I stay in TH on a yearly marriage-extension basis and have one very inconvenient & irritating problem:

Need to show recently certified (not more than 2 days old) kor ror 2 doc proving marriage.

The problem is that I live in Korat but got married in Bangkok 30 years ago....before computers came along and before they had a marriage database system. So my marriage is not registered on that database and I have to go all the way to Bangkok to get the kor ror 2!

If marriages are registered on the database, they can be issued in any province. That would be so easy! But I seem out of luck. The marriage office in Bangkok say my marriage can't be registered on that database (original registration too long ago!) so  I just have to go there every time, and they get my dusty 30-year old file off the shelf!

My question is....does anyone know if there is a way I can get round this? PLEASE!!

It is only once a year but it is VERY inconvenient. 

Any solutions? I would SO appreciate someone telling me there IS a way round it!

31 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I would explain the situation to the people working there, and ask them to just sent you the document by mail.

That wouldn't work, needs to be less than 2 days old.

No reason why they can't enter the details on the computer system as UJ suggested.

He can then get a Kor Ror 2 from any Amphoe.

I was married in Chai NatThailand over 50 years ago and a KR2 is available in the online system. I get a new KR2 as needed at my local Ket in Bangkok. The OP should have no problem getting the marriage put into the database by just contacting the original Ket.

4 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Crikey, would a 2007 marriage be in the database ? I'm about to find that out in the next couple of weeks, but computers certainly existed then so chances are good.

Yes it would be. My 2001 marriage is in it. But dependent upon the Amphoe or Khet older ones might not of entered in the system.

When they first started asking for them around 2010 many people had to contact the Amphoe or Khet to get them put in the system. 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it would be. My 2001 marriage is in it. But dependent upon the Amphoe or Khet older ones might not of entered in the system.

When they first started asking for them around 2010 many people had to contact the Amphoe or Khet to get them put in the system. 

Joe, is it definite only 2 days before extension. If not, what would be the timeline?

18 minutes ago, vivananahuahin said:

Is it true also that now you need a Covid test negatif before you make your extension,.....topic Richard Barrow,or is it smoke?

I did my retirement extension last week and did not need a test.  There was a thread here on TV stating that it was announced and then cancelled almost immediately 

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Some offices will accept them that are as much as 30 days old.

just did mine in Jomtien it was about 2 months old ,we were married in the UK 23 years ago ,but after your advice about 20 months ago got it registered here via The UK , have not had a problem with anything at Jomtien.

8 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

I was married in Chai NatThailand over 50 years ago and a KR2 is available in the online system. I get a new KR2 as needed at my local Ket in Bangkok. The OP should have no problem getting the marriage put into the database by just contacting the original Ket.

That is good to know, asiaexpat. Presently trying to get that done.

Thanks a lot for posting this! ????

(Wow! 50 years ago!)

On 1/25/2021 at 3:49 PM, ubonjoe said:

Contact the Amphoe where your marriage was registered and ask them to enter it in the system. Others have been able to have that done.

Contact info for Amphoes is here. https://www.amphoe.com/dods/front/base/html/center.php

ubonjoe...

Just want to say your advice was perfect and that it pointed me in the right direction!

I really appreciate it. ????

Thank you.

Archived