which company to hire to help with k-1 to usa?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but couldn't find anything in search function. My thai GF found a company to do it for about 33,000 bt. plus fees.  They said it's guarantied to be excepted, about 6 months timeframe, Sounds kind of fishy to me, I heard about a year process time, because of covid. Any reliable companies around Chantthaburi? Thanks.

Well firstly any company that says a K1 or any other visa for that matter is guaranteed needs to be treated with suspicion, since the best they can say is that it minimizes the risks of not screwing up the paperwork, since they 'hopefully' have done this before.

And remember, since this is often misrepresented, a K1 is not an immigrant visa, you still will have to go through the adjustment of status process after marriage in the US, so in my mind at least $1000 just for the K1 seems pretty steep.

As for timing it's hard to say. With covid everything seems to have ground to a halt, or at best progressing at a snails pace.

We used TSL in Bangkok to prepare my wife's CR-1 several years ago. Very professional, very upfront about the real possibilities and risks involved

Thanks Ginboy2, they had no idea of my finances, I think I need to be current on my taxes, and not be a felon, they knew nothing about me they just talked to my intended. Giving a guarantee sent up red flags for me, I'll check out TSL. Also do you think it would be less wait time if I apply soon? or you think it would be better to wait and see how pandemic plays out? thanks again. 

11 hours ago, chrissimone said:

Thanks Ginboy2, they had no idea of my finances, I think I need to be current on my taxes, and not be a felon, they knew nothing about me they just talked to my intended. Giving a guarantee sent up red flags for me, I'll check out TSL. Also do you think it would be less wait time if I apply soon? or you think it would be better to wait and see how pandemic plays out? thanks again. 

I think the sooner you get the application done the better. Everything is so backlogged, just get it in line for processing

On 1/26/2021 at 2:16 PM, chrissimone said:

I went to TSL website and sent them an email, they replied ,but it seems like they only deal with visas for France. I stated that I live in USA, do they help with visas to US?

No you probably went to TLS, they are the Visa Application Centre who process visa applications for France, they are not an agency.

On 1/25/2021 at 5:48 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Well firstly any company that says a K1 or any other visa for that matter is guaranteed needs to be treated with suspicion, since the best they can say is that it minimizes the risks of not screwing up the paperwork, since they 'hopefully' have done this before.

And remember, since this is often misrepresented, a K1 is not an immigrant visa, you still will have to go through the adjustment of status process after marriage in the US, so in my mind at least $1000 just for the K1 seems pretty steep.

As for timing it's hard to say. With covid everything seems to have ground to a halt, or at best progressing at a snails pace.

We used TSL in Bangkok to prepare my wife's CR-1 several years ago. Very professional, very upfront about the real possibilities and risks involved

All applications are accepted... along with the application fee.

Whether or not the visa is granted is a different story.

The OP should complete the K-1 application himself; it is not that hard.... well, unless he is illiterate.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:47 PM, Gumballl said:

The OP should complete the K-1 application himself; it is not that hard.... well, unless he is illiterate.

I'm not illiterate, I just have trouble concentrating, I was ok, but that last 300 gallons of whiskey kinda put me on the dumb side.

2 hours ago, chrissimone said:

I'm not illiterate, I just have trouble concentrating, I was ok, but that last 300 gallons of whiskey kinda put me on the dumb side.

Seriously, the application is not that hard to complete. Just make sure to make a check list, and get your ducks in a row. You do not have to complete the application all in one day.

On 1/30/2021 at 5:18 AM, Gumballl said:

Seriously, the application is not that hard to complete. Just make sure to make a check list, and get your ducks in a row. You do not have to complete the application all in one day.

So I'd kinda agree with this to some extent.

A K1 isn't an immigrant visa, that nonsense will start after marriage in the US, at which point I would absolutely recommend getting some help, since the documentation required along with the translations isn't that straightforward for the adjustment of status

But, if you have the money, and really can't be bothered with the paperwork then just do it for peace of mind

On 2/2/2021 at 3:09 PM, GinBoy2 said:

So I'd kinda agree with this to some extent.

A K1 isn't an immigrant visa, that nonsense will start after marriage in the US, at which point I would absolutely recommend getting some help, since the documentation required along with the translations isn't that straightforward for the adjustment of status

But, if you have the money, and really can't be bothered with the paperwork then just do it for peace of mind

I applied (err, maybe it was my wife) to come to the US. It was not the K-1 visa.

That being said, I have a cousin who works as an Immigration lawyer in the US. She's great, but I did not have to rely on her. The application is fairly strait forward.

Provide proof of the relationship, whether it be email correspondence, or in person visits. Surely you have many photos to prove connection.

The rest is trivial. As far as your fiances background, limit it to her and her mother & father. It is ridiculous to include the other um-teen brothers and sisters (if any).

Personally saying, I would not bother with the K-1. Just decide NOW if you want to marry the girl. Of course, she has a say in it too. She will get to go on an adventure, for good or bad, and eventually we all know where both of you will end up... in the Land of Sorrows.

Archived