What cables are these. TV?

DrJack54

So moving into a townhouse. In the place is a blue cable ruining from L2 to L3. The cable with green plug seems to run to outside.

Added question. To have TV,s here and there what is easiest solution. Indoor antenna? 

Digital antenna? 

I have only heard of these terms. Know nothing about options. Who do you go to for this service? Any advice greatly appreciated.

IMG_20210125_115414.jpg

IMG_20210125_115327.jpg

Green cable is fibre optic - should plug into your router

The blue one is either a LAN or telephone cable.

Easiest solution is an Android box. No wires are neccessary as they're usually WiFi enabled. Only connect an HDMI cable to the android box & TV and your good to go. You can get a decent one from True - I use the small true ID black box and it's great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sungod said:

Good wifi and an android box

Thanks.

Does that mean having cable WiFi.

Many of the neighbors have the dish on roof top, however I had advice that the dish was old school and better options now exist.

If it ends up just being a rental would one indoor antenna provide service for a TV on L1 (ground floor)? 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks.

Does that mean having cable WiFi.

Many of the neighbors have the dish on roof top, however I had advice that the dish was old school and better options now exist.

If it ends up just being a rental would one indoor antenna provide service for a TV on L1 (ground floor)? 

Android box only requires WiFi - no satellite required. If your internet is provided by True, you can get a true ID box added for 50 baht p/m. Or you can buy it yourself for 2,490. AIS also have their own android box, but I've used it and it's terrible. 

Product Image

If you don't have internet yet, you can still use it by hot spotting from your mobile. No cable connection is required

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Easiest solution is an Android box. No wires are neccessary as they're usually WiFi enabled. Only connect an HDMI cable to the android box & TV and your good to go. You can get a decent one from True - I use the small true ID black box and it's great.

I have similar advice from fella that said forget dish and he had same setup that you outline. Also with true.

With the 'system' you describe can I purchase the true box and leave it up to tenant to subscribe to service

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I have similar advice from fella that said forget dish and he had same setup that you outline. Also with true.

With the 'system' you describe can I purchase the true box and leave it up to tenant to subscribe to service

No subscription required - It's free. If your tenants want to subscribe to extra packages such as sports channels, then they can simply enter their card details on the payment side bar.

With the android box, they can download apps to access pretty much anything they want without paying anyway. Just make sure they don't steal it when they leave!

• Thanks 1

The one with the green plug is from fibre internet and you can just cut it off somewhere (I would cut it off outside of the house) and toss it away.

If you sign up for a new internet contract they will install their own fibre line, they don't reuse the existing one.

The blue one is a standard LAN cable. Probably somebody had the router on the one floor and wanted to connect a computer on the other floor.
If you don't need it now just keep it, can be used again.

Do you rent it out short term or long term? If long term just let the tenant make their own contract for internet/TV, then they can choose what they like and it's also easier for you because if anything goes wrong you are not involved.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1