Field hospitals in Samut Sakhon standing by to admit 800 new COVID-19

snoop1130

Field hospitals in Samut Sakhon standing by to admit 800 new COVID-19

000_8XF6PW.jpg

FLIE / Medical officials test a man for the COVID-19 coronavirus at a seafood market in Samut Sakhon / AFP

Field hospitals in Thailand’s coastal province of Samut Sakhon were placed on standby on Monday to receive the around 800 new COVID-19 cases, expected after health officials began screening as many as 10,000 people a day for five consecutive days in a mass pro-active screening exercise.

CCSA deputy spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan told a news conference this morning that there are now 1,091 beds in field hospitals, with 1,400 more beds to be available by Friday.

She also appealed for private hospitals to help in the mass screening process, without which the 10,000 per day target may not be achieved.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/field-hospitals-in-samut-sakhon-standing-by-to-admit-800-new-covid-19/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-01-25

Hopefully they are not overwhelmed by the numbers they are testing and the average positive percentage which puts them at the 800 they expect.  Only time will tell as Asymptomatic individuals seem to be outnumbering those that actually need to be hospitalized in the rest of the world.

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hopefully they are not overwhelmed by the numbers they are testing and the average positive percentage which puts them at the 800 they expect.  Only time will tell as Asymptomatic individuals seem to be outnumbering those that actually need to be hospitalized in the rest of the world.

Unless I am mistaken, the figure of 800 is Per Day.

This is how I read it in B P this AM. But that was before my 2nd Coffee

• Thanks 1