China says U.S. military in South China Sea not good for peace

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's not disputed unless you only listen to the Chinese.  The world court ruled and China is ignoring the ruling.  The islands do NOT belong to them.

You should read this to get up to speed on what this legal ruling is:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/tribunal-issues-landmark-ruling-south-china-sea-arbitration

Bottom line: A nearly across-the-board win for the Philippines, and a searing verdict on the lawfulness of China’s artificial island construction and other actions in the South China Sea.

Thank you for you sincere will to educate me, Sir! I am well aware of the ruling, and that China does not recognize the verdict. The question is if you are aware of the meaning of the word "dispute/disputed"? Below, I have provided the meaning:

argue about (something). For example: "the point has been much disputed"
Similarities with: debate, dicuss, argue, disagree, quarrel and clash etc.

So, when we have that out of the way, disputed suddenly seems like a perfect description of the situation. ????

Of course the countries of the world should accept the world courts rulings. However, there is no power at all behind them and they are only, according to law in most countries, to be seen as a strong advice.
  • Sad 6

On 1/26/2021 at 8:44 AM, UncleMhee said:

Of course you all seem to think it's just fine and dandy for the US of A and it's military industrial complex to have a heap of bases crowding out areas they have no real legitimacy to be in..... It's the Western Pacific in the Asian Sphere of Influence images (5).jpeg

Err, have you forgotten that the British HMS Albion etc. is in the same area.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Salerno said:

But building military bases on islands/building islands for military bases in water that doesn't belong to you or flying military aircraft into airspace you don't have jurisdiction over is?

There is much difference in building on unclaimed reefs and connect them to made an artificial island. It is a concern but within the legal context. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jack7106 said:

Who would you rather see as the world’s policeman? America, which has semi transparency or China which has no transparency at all – up to you????????‍♂️????????????????????

Rather opaque on why America invaded Iraq. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

There is much difference in building on unclaimed reefs and connect them to made an artificial island. It is a concern but within the legal context. 

Sounds like a line straight from the politburo 555

Taiwan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei and China claimed the Spratly islands. The UNCLOS ruling that the 9-dash line claim is <deleted> was shrugged off by China as "nothing more than a piece of waste paper" which is basically what you are saying. 

On 1/26/2021 at 8:44 AM, UncleMhee said:

Of course you all seem to think it's just fine and dandy for the US of A and it's military industrial complex to have a heap of bases crowding out areas they have no real legitimacy to be in..... It's the Western Pacific in the Asian Sphere of Influence

images (5).jpeg

If you wish to make a case, do it by citing the unilateral claim to territory, not trade or other alliances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jack7106 said:

Who would you rather see as the world’s policeman? America, which has semi transparency or China which has no transparency at all – up to you????????‍♂️????????????????????

Trump emphatically said and set policies to detached America as the world policeman. With their unique electoral system, can the world trust America to act selflessly and intervene in other countries not for their self-interest. I don't trust America's foreign policies as much as I don't trust China. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump emphatically said and set policies to detached America as the world policeman.

Trump was an anomaly, a failed experiment. I have no doubt that relations will get back to a "more normal footing" fairly quickly and for the foreseeable future regardless of who is POTUS. On the plus side, under his "leadership" (or in spite of) we are starting to see other alliances solidify in the region such as the Quad Alliance.

• Like 1

Well boo hoo China stay away from Taiwan air space. Quit threatening the pilots

who fly out from Vietnam to your supposed Chines Island.  Stay in your country, okay?

Oh and never expect me or my family to visit your Covid 19 country ever again.

Geezer

• Like 1